“Relaxing Oasis”

Ranked #148 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Los Altos, California
“Relaxing Oasis”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Perfect location near sky train gives you easy access to much of the city - and lets you avoid the traffic. This is great for both the tourist and business person. Lots of huge shopping centers are within a block or two for those who like to shop. Jim Thompson house is a block away as are many massage and food eating choices.

Rooms feel spacious but are actually well designed efficient spaces-with the use of color and design making them feel like an oasis - calming.

Breakfast came with my room. The choices were varied and substantial. Selections included Japanese, American, European and Thai inspired choices. The tricky part is there are three buffet areas and unless you look around you might not see all of your choices.

Staff was helpful, kind, and resourceful. The only glitch was when I checked out and this could have been a communication or cultural miscommunication. I had a 7pm flight. Staff said I didn't need to leave for the airport until 3pm. I said but I needed to vacate the room by 2pm which was the published time. They said it was ok to leave room at 3pm - but that morning I was told 1pm as they were fully booked. I checked out 1:45 and went for an hour massage (at a place in building J - second floor an easy walk and recommend by staff). It turned out perfect.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the water canal as it's quieter. Rooms with twin beds are not typical we...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 April 2014

What i liked -
My gf and i went to stay at Hua Chang Heritage Hotel for 4 days 3 nights. At first when we reached the hotel, we were told that they had no more rooms that has what we asked for therefore they would upgrade our room for free and asked if we would be fine with it! That's the first thing that made our day. The room was damn awesome. It was big, spacious, clean and neat! Due to the upgrade, we had two single bed instead of a queen size bed but both the single bed size was no less than a queen size bed! They also have a super big and nice lobby with super friendly and helpful staffs. Especially "Noon" (One of the staff name), she was very nice to us and helped us a lot during our stay. The breakfast of the hotel was also amazing. They had a wide variety of bread, food, vegetable, fruits, drinks etc would certainly fill your tummy to the max!

Just a little of what i disliked-
i didn't like the pillow as it was too soft.
The shower keeps going hot and cold sometimes.

But to sum it up, it was a really awesome stay i had. Would recommend to anyone out there! It even makes us return to hotel early just to chill at the awesome room!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 25 April 2014

first, the staff tried their best, mostly. The hotel also tried to be luxurious, but for a new hotel it's amazing how chipped, worn, and dirty it is. The fancy high-backed Alice-in-wonderland sofa on their pics is real, but it's in cheap vinyl and at the end of the day it's just a big vinyl sofa. The lobby has some nice pieces, but they are all just thrown in and it makes the whole hotel feel like a knock-off furniture store. The bedding was hospital grade. Our shower was covered in grime in the grout. How new is this hotel? The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling at most edges. Around the toilet and sinks you could see where the maid wasn't actually cleaning, a yellowish grimy film surrounded everything. We were disappointed. See the pics. But the worst part was the first night we woke up to a terrible sewage smell. I had seen others talk about this in other reviews of this hotel on TripAdvisor, but discounted them as just that Bangkok background smell. We couldn't sleep, it was so strong. At three a.m. we asked someone from the main desk to come to our room. He acknowledged the smell but said it was because they had cleaned the carpets that day. Huh? He said there were no other rooms to give us. This was in the middle of the Bangkok shutdown, and if this hotel was full then it was the only hotel in Bangkok to be full. He finally said that it wouldn't matter which room he gave us, the smell would be there. We gave up and sprayed perfume around the room. The breakfast buffet was all pre-made. There were stacks and stacks of cold fried eggs and pancakes waiting for us, not even on heated buffet trays. The staff at the buffet didn't speak English, so they ignored us when we asked for syrup rather than honey, but they smiled. That was nice. The man at the front desk who had come to our room promised to tell the day manager that we would like to change rooms the next day. He must have forgotten. When I went to the main desk the next day the manager had no idea I had come downstairs in my socks at 3 a.m. the night before to complain about the smell. A nice Australian couple was checking out and seconded my complaint about the sewage smell, but the manager said that he had never heard that before. He never offered us another room, but he smiled a lot. I noticed that there were a lot of Mandarin speaking guests, and the hotel had several Mandarin speaking staff on hand. It seemed to be package tours. We had wanted to find a hotel that was near the shopping and sky train but not directly in the middle of the protests. It was close enough, however, so that taxis refused to go anywhere near it, coming or going. We had to take taxis to other sky trains stations and then walk the five hundred meters from the station to the hotel. Leaving, the hotel tried to call a taxi for us, but they were unable to get us one. We walked. But, that was during the protests which are (?) over for now. I only mention it to point out that the staff do try hard to be helpful. I doubt the hotel will address the sewage problem (can they?) but the cleanliness and the scuffed furniture point to bad management.

Room Tip: well, we were on the third floor. Maybe the other floors don't smell as bad.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank w44566
HCH1101, ผู้จัดการ at Hua Chang Heritage Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your valuable review. The experience you described are not characteristic of the level of quality and service our facilities we provided.

We apologize your stay was unsatisfactory and your feedback was shared to our management team.

Sincerely yours,

E-Commerce & Reservation Manager
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I stayed in the hotel back in November 2013, as the 2 last days of my holiday in Thailand. Since I don't really like Bangkok (as opposed to the rest of Thailand), I was looking for a hotel I can spend some time in, while waiting for my flight back into Europe. Well, this was a good choice! Its a really beautifully designed, modern hotel with a colonial flair. Excellent room with a beautiful bathroom, ipod controlled air conditioning and lighting and very well-stocked minibar. Four stars doesn't do this hotel justice, its more five stars, really. Great breakfast and friendly receptionists. Downsides? Well, the building is relatively low (no high-rise) and although I was staying in one of the higher floors, I was actually just on the level of the Skytrain. That can get a bit noisy and there isn't any view to speak of. The service is very Asian, the receptionists and bellboys would go out of their way to provide excellent service but speak broken English and any complex request was meant with a (smiling) blank stare. Not really central to Bangkok but I've found Bangkok has no center and this is close to the big malls so ideal for shopping. Overall, given the price I paid and the service I enjoyed, I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for Asian service and design at their best.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A perfect stay for girls like us who love shopping and eating.
Credit 1: super near to BTS and ALL big malls in Siam.
Credit 2: Super friendly staff, they even have a staff who can speak cantonese! :)
Credit 3 : Amazing breakfast buffet , best I ever had in BKK
Credit 4: Room and bright and new and clean!Comfortable beds too

Only one thing, the water from the shower leaks a bit too much outside the shower room.
It created a small pool in the washroom every time after we done bathing .
All in All the hotel is definitely i will go back again!!!:)

More amazing pictures in my blog!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Canria
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice.
Location is close to the shopping areas Siam center, mbk etc ....
The room is perfect very clean and luminous. Moreover the bed is amazing big and confortable.
I strongly recommend this hotel for a stay un bangkok.
Gerard d.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Barcelona
Reviewed 7 April 2014

When we arrived we thought it was a mistake, it seemed an awful place in front of the train rails! And then you enter...Smart and original and kitsch...great decoration, amazing location turns up to be close to shopping areas and transportation.

Staff is just sublime, polite, smiling and "real" persons, not the robots one finds in Thailand.

The best breakfast you can imagine. All thai super ellaborate meals, traditional and modern cuisine with life cooking. Delicious, don't miss the small sweets they prepare...and then swim in the pool!

Highly recommend for couples.

Room Tip: remember to ask for one not noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple