“A little disappointing”

Ranked #148 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Stavanger, Norway
“A little disappointing”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was very hard to decide whether to give 3 or 4 stars. In the end, I landed on 3, but I have to say, the hotel is definitely nice, and location is convenient, it's just that for 5 stars and this price I would expect more.
Pros:
- location
- rooms: very pretty
- breakfast: lovely

Cons:
- pool is more like a pond, you can dip yourself in to cool down, but swimming: not so much.
- only 3 sunbeds, and only 1 in the actual sun
- WiFi: keeps getting disconnected.
- check inn: the do not accept Visa. I had 3 different visa cards, all with more than sufficient funds, one of them a debit card, 2 of them credit cards. They could not use any of them. Then, I was simply asked "you wish to pay?", I mean yes of course I'll pay, why else would I give you 3 different cards to try... I asked if I could pay later in the afternoon, after finding an ATM (which was also a problem, most ATMs have a limit for how much money you can take out, and since the hotel is pricey and I was staying for more than a few days, I had to go to 3 different ATMs to get enough cash. Of course, I cannot blame the staff for the Visa-issue, since it's not their fault that my Visas aren't working, but it's not my fault either, and I was stared at as if I didn't have money, and I felt like I had to run out immediately to get cash to pay, it just felt unfriendly. They couldn't inform me where the nearest ATM was either (there is one just around the corner, I later found out).
- last but not least: turn OFF the hideous elevator-music in the hallway. It's too loud and you can hear it through the doors.

To sum up: it is a beautiful hotel, it's just not 5 stars. And I'm sorry, but I do think an apology re: the entire visa-thing would be appropriate. So therefore, 3 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank NinaIH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

It was a warm welcome and seamless registration at the reception. We merely give our passports info and signed on the forms prepared by the front desk staff at the comfort of the sofa facing the garden and pool without crowding at the reception counter. The hotel started operation in early 2013 and is a short distance to Siam BTS station and the rest of the popular malls such as Siam discovery, MBK, Siam square & Paragon. The room is both comfortable and modern. The room utility control is via a master control console in the drawer next to the bed. However, the constant beep sound from the console did disturbed my sleep thru' the night during our stay. The other irritation was the constant need to relocked on to use the wifi service in the hotel after each returned trips from outside. The hotel restaurant do served some of the best crab meat fried rice in town. On our day of check out, we need to catch our flight and we don't have enough time to enjoy the morning breakfast buffet. Thanks to the restaurant chef "Bomby" who was very warm and accommodating to offered and served us ala-carte meal before their service hour. If you love authentic Thai food shopping and good service, this is just the right place to stay and be refreshed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arthur8998
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A very nice hotel with modern classy design. Lighting, air con etc control via touch screen pad in the drawer. Friendly staffs. Location was good as centrally located with walking distance to BTS national stadium, MBK and other malls. What not so good is very close to main road which have a little noise from traffic outside and internet speed a bit slow..overall we enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa3737
Singapore
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Hua Chang Heritage Hotel is a beautiful hotel, ideal for couples and very conveniently located to Siam Square. The BTS is just a short walk away and environment is safe and comfortable around this estate. The room is modern looking and large to provide a good night rest and sleep from all the shopping in the day. What I really love is the bathtub that can be either exposed or hidden in the bathroom depending on whether you want to collapse or draw the retractable door - you can soak in a bubble bath while watching TV! Service can be improved though - the receptionists who received me were not as welcoming as I usually experienced from other hotels in bangkok but this hasn't spoilt my stay anyway. I have always stayed at the usual hotel chain whenever I am in bangkok but this is a refreshing boutique hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked this hotel because it was very close to Siam and MBK malls. I did not regret my decision staying at this hotel. Staff were very nice and welcoming. hotel and room furniture and decorations were amazing. Room was spacious. Room lighting and AC were controlled by a central device. Breakfast was good and had variety.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank himam79
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed here on May 2014. The hotel setting is one of the most convenience location, very close to Siam centre area.
We had a free upgrade to superior or next one up room type.
The room was really nice with the modern design and high tech gadget. The pool area was nice but It's just a paddle pool and shame that it right next too the busy, noisy main road. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was so so, nothing special.
5 star overall experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripofmylife15
otres beach
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very nice hotel close to all the big shopping places like MBK, only 5 minutes walk! Nice interior with a very special design. I like it! Rooms are comfortable, clean and all electronics in the room is controlled by a tablet! Breakfast was nice by the pool.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple