It was very hard to decide whether to give 3 or 4 stars. In the end, I landed on 3, but I have to say, the hotel is definitely nice, and location is convenient, it's just that for 5 stars and this price I would expect more.
- rooms: very pretty
- breakfast: lovely
- pool is more like a pond, you can dip yourself in to cool down, but swimming: not so much.
- only 3 sunbeds, and only 1 in the actual sun
- WiFi: keeps getting disconnected.
- check inn: the do not accept Visa. I had 3 different visa cards, all with more than sufficient funds, one of them a debit card, 2 of them credit cards. They could not use any of them. Then, I was simply asked "you wish to pay?", I mean yes of course I'll pay, why else would I give you 3 different cards to try... I asked if I could pay later in the afternoon, after finding an ATM (which was also a problem, most ATMs have a limit for how much money you can take out, and since the hotel is pricey and I was staying for more than a few days, I had to go to 3 different ATMs to get enough cash. Of course, I cannot blame the staff for the Visa-issue, since it's not their fault that my Visas aren't working, but it's not my fault either, and I was stared at as if I didn't have money, and I felt like I had to run out immediately to get cash to pay, it just felt unfriendly. They couldn't inform me where the nearest ATM was either (there is one just around the corner, I later found out).
- last but not least: turn OFF the hideous elevator-music in the hallway. It's too loud and you can hear it through the doors.
To sum up: it is a beautiful hotel, it's just not 5 stars. And I'm sorry, but I do think an apology re: the entire visa-thing would be appropriate. So therefore, 3 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hua Chang Heritage a luxury hotel in the heart of Bangkok, providing easy access to many popular locations around the city. Opposite are the Sra Prathum Palace and the palace museum. Other cultural places of interest nearby include the Suan Pakkad Palace, Jim Thomson's House and the Bangkok Art and Culture Centre. Only 15-minute walk away are several upscale shopping centres including Siam Discovery, Siam Paragon and the MBK Department Store. The hotel is also just a stone's throw from the National Stadium BTS station, allowing guests convenient and easy access to the Sukhumvit, Sathorn and Silom commercial and business districts. Whether it's business, sightseeing, shopping, dining, or entertainment, nothing is out of reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hua Chang Heritage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.