“Hardwares are good but need to upgrade the softwares”

Hua Chang Heritage Hotel
Ranked #151 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Hardwares are good but need to upgrade the softwares”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'd a pleasant stay in the hotel, im quite impressed by the design, just a bit disappointed by some small details.

Location:
Pros: It's in the middle between Ratachewei BTS station and Natonal Stadium station, takes you just 4-5 minutes to be the stations. Also take you 10 minutes walk to MBK, Siam Centre, Siam Square and Siam Paragon. It's a perfect location for shopping trip.

Room:
Pros: I love the design of the room and the tub, I can open the door of the washroom, so you can have a bigger room, and walking tv and enjoying my bubble bath.
There are Thann bathing sets and they smell really good.
Cons: the receptions of TV is bad, made my turn off the TV during my stay.
Also it's hard to fix the water temperature, I tired my best to fix but still sometimes too hot and too cold. So I avoid to use the shower.

Pool:
Pros: small but beautiful
Cons: it's like a pond instead of pool, it's only good for kids to play. It's too close to the breakfast area. The worst thing is there are many flies and small insect, I know it's close to the river but I made me don't water to stay at the pool. I suggest the hotel to clean the pool before it opens at 7am, there were many fallen leaves and dead insects in the pool when I arrived the pool at 8am which made me don't want step my feet into the water.

Services:
Pros: the staff is friendly and nice.
I'm very happy that they helped me to call metre taxis instead and really appreciated that.(it's my first time that hotel staff help to call metre taxis, most of the hotels are calling the taxi which are not in meters and offer higher prices)
Cons: maybe the staff is busy, they didn't remember my request. I told them I don't need newspaper so no need to send me newspaper during my stay. But next day morning I saw newspaper is hanging on the door again. I then went down and talked to them again.

Food:
Didn't try their food as there are many good restaurants in Siam Centre.

If they can improve the pool and have better insect control, I'll come again.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank SumwahAngel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My two-night stay at Hua Chang was wonderful. Although it is in the midst of a hectic area, the hotel grounds are a perfect place to relax - great pool, refreshing happy hour, good food. The staff is friendly and helpful, and they speak English very well. No one ever hesitated to stop what they were doing and offer advice or a helping hand. My room was super cute and quite comfortable. Small, but everything I needed and more. The hotel is just near a BTS station and the Siam Center. It is not far from other popular areas either.

It can be a bit difficult for taxi drivers to find, so have a strategy - either have the hotel phone number handy or take pictures of the surrounding area with your phone. The address won't be enough.

Room Tip: I'm not sure. My room was a basic one - a bit small but comfortable enough for one person. The...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dancingobroni
Ho Chi Minh
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great place to stay at while in Bangkok.
Comfortable rooms, nice staff and a nice, little swimming pool.
Food is good, so is breakfast.
I have stayed here many times and will stay again for sure!

Very close to MKB and BTS.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pc_nerdje
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at the Hua Chang Heritage Hotel. It was very close to Siam Square and easy access to the Skytrain. Staff were very helpful. Rooms were really well kept and big and the kids loved the pool. Great breakfast too. Recommend it!

Stayed July 2014
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 9 July 2014

It was very hard to decide whether to give 3 or 4 stars. In the end, I landed on 3, but I have to say, the hotel is definitely nice, and location is convenient, it's just that for 5 stars and this price I would expect more.
Pros:
- location
- rooms: very pretty
- breakfast: lovely

Cons:
- pool is more like a pond, you can dip yourself in to cool down, but swimming: not so much.
- only 3 sunbeds, and only 1 in the actual sun
- WiFi: keeps getting disconnected.
- check inn: the do not accept Visa. I had 3 different visa cards, all with more than sufficient funds, one of them a debit card, 2 of them credit cards. They could not use any of them. Then, I was simply asked "you wish to pay?", I mean yes of course I'll pay, why else would I give you 3 different cards to try... I asked if I could pay later in the afternoon, after finding an ATM (which was also a problem, most ATMs have a limit for how much money you can take out, and since the hotel is pricey and I was staying for more than a few days, I had to go to 3 different ATMs to get enough cash. Of course, I cannot blame the staff for the Visa-issue, since it's not their fault that my Visas aren't working, but it's not my fault either, and I was stared at as if I didn't have money, and I felt like I had to run out immediately to get cash to pay, it just felt unfriendly. They couldn't inform me where the nearest ATM was either (there is one just around the corner, I later found out).
- last but not least: turn OFF the hideous elevator-music in the hallway. It's too loud and you can hear it through the doors.

To sum up: it is a beautiful hotel, it's just not 5 stars. And I'm sorry, but I do think an apology re: the entire visa-thing would be appropriate. So therefore, 3 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank NinaIH
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

It was a warm welcome and seamless registration at the reception. We merely give our passports info and signed on the forms prepared by the front desk staff at the comfort of the sofa facing the garden and pool without crowding at the reception counter. The hotel started operation in early 2013 and is a short distance to Siam BTS station and the rest of the popular malls such as Siam discovery, MBK, Siam square & Paragon. The room is both comfortable and modern. The room utility control is via a master control console in the drawer next to the bed. However, the constant beep sound from the console did disturbed my sleep thru' the night during our stay. The other irritation was the constant need to relocked on to use the wifi service in the hotel after each returned trips from outside. The hotel restaurant do served some of the best crab meat fried rice in town. On our day of check out, we need to catch our flight and we don't have enough time to enjoy the morning breakfast buffet. Thanks to the restaurant chef "Bomby" who was very warm and accommodating to offered and served us ala-carte meal before their service hour. If you love authentic Thai food shopping and good service, this is just the right place to stay and be refreshed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arthur8998
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A very nice hotel with modern classy design. Lighting, air con etc control via touch screen pad in the drawer. Friendly staffs. Location was good as centrally located with walking distance to BTS national stadium, MBK and other malls. What not so good is very close to main road which have a little noise from traffic outside and internet speed a bit slow..overall we enjoyed our stay and will definitely stay again in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple