“The hidden gem”

Ranked #106 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Sri lanka
“The hidden gem”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Currently residing at the hotel, spending two days as a part of our anniversary trip. When we first booked the hotel, we were a bit worried about the location as other reviewers had warned about alley and taxi drivers not being able to find it. I must say the alley is not scary at all and you can hardly call it an alley. Its a very decent entrance. Our taxi driver didn't know the hotel, so we showed him the map that the hotel provided, he gave a call to the hotel and got the directions. The hotel has put up very prominent name boards from the road and you can hardly miss it!

What i love about the hotel is friendly staff. Wherever we went, we were very warmly welcomed and staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. The hotel looks very modern and its beautifully decorated.

Also, the breakfast buffet was excellent with so many options to choose from. They even served fried rice, egg noodles and naan for breakfast apart from the usual american breakfast.

Useful info:

Taxi fare from hotel to MBK - 100 bath
Taxi fare from hotel to chatunam - 250 bath
Taxi fare from airport to hotel - 475 bath
Hotel to skytrain - 15 min walk

Well, we requested for a early check in, but they couldn't provide us one. Nor did we get an upgrade or any anniversary wishes though we informed the hotel previously. However, both my husband and I had a great time at this hotel and we will definitely return to this hotel the next time we are in Bangkok.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, the view is magnificent
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear guest,

I very much appreciate the fact that you took the time to share your experiences with us.

Thank you very much for your nice compliments, I will share them with our staff members involved. It is a great pleasure to learn that your stay in Bangkok was a success, and that you have liked the location, the service and the breakfast at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Again thank you for your nice compliments and we all hope we may welcome you again in Bangkok.

E: gmcwb@chr.co.th

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

My Mrs and I visited Bangkok and stayed at Centara Watergate from the 23rd - 27th Nov 2013. Below are 5 main reasons why we would re-visit the hotel again and we would highly recommend Centara watergate for all tourist who are looking for a hotel to stay in when they are in BKK.

1. Excellent customer service.

- patient and friendly hotel staffs.
- prompt in answering clients' request.

2. Clean environment.

- The hotel room that we stayed in is well maintained and the overall cleanliness of hotel is excellent.

- They so have a roof top bar (21st floor) that allows you to enjoy the beautiful night view of BKK.

3. Customer centric

- Tried their very best to cater to the request of their guests.

- E.g when I booked my hotel in Singapore prior flying to BKK, there were only 2 more rooms that is available for booking and I tried requesting for a room that is situated at a high floor with a city view. To my surprise, they fulfilled that 'wish' of mine!!

4. Centralized location

- It is surrounded by shopping malls and walking distance to MRT station.

5. Reasonable price

- We were there for 5 days 4 nights and the price that we paid for per night is approximately SGD 90.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your stay in Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

We are very pleased that you had a most enjoyable stay with us. We learn from your comments you enjoyed so many aspects that all contributed to this feeling; be it the attentive service from our team members, the location of the hotel or the views of our rooftop restaurant Chili Hip and our rooftop bar Walk.

We hope that you will have another occasion in the future to return and visit us once more.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was an excellent stay in Bangkok. Firstly, their room is bright and clean with creative design. Secondly, their stuffs, from front desk, cafe, bar, spa to house keeper, they are very nice and patient, makes me feels warmly welcomed. I tired the 9th floor spa once, it was more than great and very fairly priced. After I finished, the spa manger nicely recommended us all the special promotions in the hotel, such as the happy hours for the Bar and special discount in the cafe. Although she only works in the spa department, her suggestions to me makes my stay in Bangkok more interesting and fun. Thirdly, I do like their cocktails in the rooftop bar.

Room Tip: I would recommend you to book the room with breakfast. Their buffet breakfast quality is way exceed...
Dear guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

I am also pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and we are glad that we have met all your expectations.

I will certainly share your kind words with all our team members and we earnestly look forward to welcoming you back at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My boyfriend and I have been to Bangkok several times and stayed at different hotels each time. Centara Watergate was by far one of the most amazing experience that we both had. Due to the sticky situation going on at BKK, we stayed in the hotel more often than we usually would in BKK.

First, we were pleasantly surprised by the room upgrade that we had. Our room was on the 17th floor with a nice view. The room was very clean as the housekeeper had done a great job. It would have been better if we have bathroom slippers and a mirror outside the toilet. However, these are minor details as we are pleased with the room in general.

Then, we were blown away by the dinner and drinks we had at Cafe 9 and WALK. In the next few days, we continued to have breakfast and lunch at Cafe 9. The ingredients that they used were very fresh and the food was indeed tasty. What we loved the most was the service that the staff had provided. They really make it a point for us to enjoy our meals. Kudos to that!

We have also tried the aromatherapy massage and scrub at SPA Cenvaree. As they were having a promotion, we had a complimentary scrub. The entire experience was top notch and we could not wait to go back there again.

My boyfriend also used the gym facilities there every morning and he likes that he can watch TV/listen to music while using the treadmill. There was also a very attentive gym staff there to help out.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Centara and we credit most of it to the staff working there. Thank you once again for this wonderful experience.

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience, and indeed delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities and services provided by our team of dedicated members.

I have also noted your great comments regarding your dinners at Cafe 9 and Walk, your treatments at Cense by Spa Cenvaree and the service of all our team members.

We value such feedback which is shared with all and look forward to your return at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok in not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is my first time attempting to take the sky rail from airport to hotel and Centara watergate pavilion hotel is just 5 mins walk from the skyrail! We discovered plenty of eateries and massage parlour along our way. We walked through the mall which was connected to the hotel and there was a Tops supermarket at the mall basement. Perfect for us to stock up on beers and drinks. Greatest discovery for an accessories fan like me was the wholesale floor (3rd floor)of every accessories you can ever find! I had such a great time shopping in comfort and plus the prices were the lowest I can find!

Location
It's just diagonally across platinum mall and opposite pratunum area. But be warned, The BTS is quite a walk so I suggest take a cab instead.

Reception
Very friendly and patient reception staff to handle all our requests and we were upgraded for free to Deluxe room.

Rooms
The size of our deluxe room was very comfortable and spacious. I like the sleek and simple decor and I immediately felt like home. The only disappointment was the lack of a bathtub but the unusual shower cubicle quickly made up for that. The room came with a nice view too. It would also be helpful if there were ironing equipment for use.

Gym
The gym was too small for comfort. The equipments were up to date and easy to use. The lack of space made stretching a little awkward when there are more than 3 person inside. This hotel does not come with a swimming pool so don't be surprised but I did not come here to swim anyway.

Housekeeping
The crew was efficient and friendly. They don't take longer than 10 mins for my every requests which shows their efficiency. Unlike some hotels, they can take forever.

Cafe
Tried a breakfast buffet on one of the day. It was value for money. I paid less than 400 baht and the spread was to my liking. The crossiant was amazing. Fresh and fluffy. The staff will fill up my coffee whenever my cup is empty. It was one of the best I had in Bangkok.

I am very happy with my choice of stay this trip and I will definately pick this hotel again

• Stayed November 2013
Dear guest

I am very pleased to read your wonderful review of your holiday with us at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok and would like to personally thank you for choosing our hotel above the many options available in Bangkok.

Thank you for your kind acknowledgement of our warm hospitality and exquisite facilities. We make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok is renowned for, and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay.

Once again, thank you for recommending Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

I booked this hotel after reading tons of advice from Tripadvisor. However, my stay with Centara WP have been below my expectation. I was put in the 18th floor.

Cons

1. Location, quite far from BTS. But I guess some walking are still fine for couple. But not recommended for family with young children especially with luggage. This is still not a big issue for me.

2. Staff couldn't speak good English though their attitude is really great. Especially room service. Their service is commendable.

3. I request to NOT be placed in or near corner rooms, but I still get one. I get the second last room and FYI, the hallway for the 2 rooms beside me is OFF. so can u imagine how creepy and quiet it is?

4. I have to send several enquiries before I got any reply when making reservation.

5. When making reservation, I mentioned 24th Nov is my wedding anniversary and we are there to celebrate, I emailed earlier and asked them whether can any arrangement be done. They didn't reply me and I thought it was fine. However, much to my disappointment, I guess they really overlooked this request. Upon check in, we informed them AGAIN, but still nothing. All they gave us is Centara membership. So I wonder why some guests get cakes, décor on bed or even upgrade, but not us? Double standard!

6. Breakfast is the same everyday. Fruit and vegetable not as fresh as compared to other hotel in Bangkok. A Caucasian who happened to be a chef complaint that the egg station didn't cooked their egg well.

7. Aircon was bad. Doesn't response to adjustment at all. I don't think that was centralize right?

8. Room was cold, no slippers is provided.

9. I read from reviews that we can choose the pillows we want, but I'm not informed about this.

10. When lift reach our level, it doesn't signal any sound. we have to look around, pretty much like a fool.

Pros
1. Service from the bellboy and room service is good.

2. Clean hotel

My take? I will not stay at this hotel again in my next trip next year. Would rather pay extra and get better service, location, breakfast and rooms.

1 Thank Jasmine W
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Rest assured that your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate experience Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. At the same time, I was concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet some of your expectations and that you were greatly disappointed upon leaving the hotel.

I have noted your feedback regarding the service provided by our team members. I was also distressed to read on how you have felt throughout the course of the stay. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment concerning the same, and thus I certainly would like to apologize for the inconveniences caused.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the above mentioned points which you have kindly brought to our attention, and rest assured that this has been discussed with all the team members concerned. Please note both, I and our Executive Assistant Manager, Khun Sanon Wilaiwongs, are always welcome to suggestions or guest feedback, and if you would kindly allow us, we would love to have the opportunity of contacting you directly.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor and thereby giving us the opportunity to enhance our service quality. I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the ultimate hospitality the hotel is renowned for.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 27 November 2013

From the moment we were greeted at Bangkok Air port we realised we were in for a special time.
This modern well appointed hotel is in a central location in Bangkok with easy access to all the shopping centres and markets.
The Breakfast smorgasbord was vast and included cook to order options and pastries from the in house bakery. The roof to restaurant "Chilli Hip" was so good, The Ribbs are a must have. We started every evening with drinks on the upper mezzanine above Chilli Hip a bar called Walk.
We found all of the staff , from the cleaners to the managment to be impeccable, in both the service offered and the curtious manner.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nick_king2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable and awesome feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent visit to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

We are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed the resort facilities, the food, the services and the sunset view over the skyline of Bangkok at Walk and Chili Hip. We will ensure that your kind compliments reach out to all team members whose efforts were highly appreciated.

Team Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok is proud to exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

We would like to take this opportunity and thank you for all the positive recommendation you have made which is very helpful us and for the forthcoming travelers who plan to visit Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you once again for the time taken to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok soon!