“Good location with modern design, value for money”

Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #109 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Tanjung Pandan, Indonesia
“Good location with modern design, value for money”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Im staying for two night here. For the price i paid i can say that the value of centara is really good, staff were great and helpful, and above all, room is spacious and comfortably designed.

Location is near platinum fashion mall, lots of cheap clothes and good food court there, just few minutes walk. The hotel is quite new, located above a plaza which is quite a rundown plaza with just few coffe shop, one convenience store and few stores open, but there are lots of stores and stall nearby so its not an issue.

Hotel wise, the good point is that, with this price bracket, i get an extra king bed, which is comfortable. But dont know if it apply to all room since we got upgrade for our booking. The bathroom is clean and comfortable, and i love the minimalist design and ambience of the room. The breakfast is quite good in variety, few foods was good, few tasted average.

Something need to be done is, the reading light on left side of the bed cannot turned on. And the tv cannel quality is not good that some channel appears noisy and grainy (room 1807)

Conclusion is, for me this is the perfect hotel if you want to explore pratunam, based on the quality and price ratio.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your amazing review on Tripadvisor and I am truly touched with your meticulousness and genuine sentiments.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

Furthermore, our colleagues, with their genuine care and warmth ensure that every interaction with our guests is a wonderful moment of truth. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team.

Your sentiments are precious, once again, thank you so much for taking the time to post your excellent feedback online.

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok and we look forward to welcome you back.

E: gmcwb@chr.co.th

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 March 2014

It's my first time and first day checked in today after reading so many good review. I was even upgraded to 1506 a Deluxe room !

No regret. its indeed a new and designer deco hotel with full of friendly staff around.

The location is awesome, it is a 7 minute slow stroll to Platinum Fashion Mall.

the only thing i didnt like was that had to call n requested for room slippers and toothbrush etc. Tot its kind of a standard supply for hotel room.

Nevertheless, still strongly recommend this hotel worth the stay. Must try!

• Stayed March 2014
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor of Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for the compliments. I will of course share them with all staff members.

We all hope we may welcome you again in Bangkok. In the meantime please let me know whenever we can be of any service to you.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with lovely staff. A wonderful breakfast every morning. The restaurant serves excellent food and is very accommodating not matter what time of day. Rooms are a good size and have a very light and airy feeling. So happy I decided to stay here and would again if the rate is right. Also a great location but quiet which is good.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review about Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok that you have shared in Tripadvisor.

Your kind words regarding the hospitality service provided by our team members are highly appreciated, your message has been conveyed to the entire team to inspire them to continue giving our valued guests the same exceptional experience that you had during your stay.

I am definitely looking forward to welcoming you back to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok for another magnificent stay.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was not really sure about this property when I made the booking. But Centara Watergate exceeded my expectations on each account. The room allocated to me was fantastic, clean and had all necessary amenities. The staff was very helpful in providing the directions from BKK airport even though I had declined their limo service.

Breakfast had a huge spread and I bet everybody would find plenty of choices to select their favourite items. This property is walking distance from some of the prime shopping locations such as - platinum mall. Also, you can take a direct train to BKK airport from Ratchaprarop station which is 10-15 mins walking distance.

Definitely recommended for fellow travellers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear guest,

First and foremost, kindly accept my gratitude for the heartwarming review that you have shared in Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Secondly, the wonderful words you used to describe every detail of your stay; the cleanliness of the rooms, the breakfast and the location of our hotel will beautifully fill the imaginations of all future at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok guests who will read your review, and for this we will be infinitely thankful.

Last and definitely not the least, your kind words towards the hospitality service provided by our team members have been passed on to the entire team, to serve as an inspiration for them to continue doing an excellent job.

I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok in the near future!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is located in the same building as a mall, above the mall. There is nothing remarkable about the hotel, but its adequate in all regards. The location is in the heart of the city. No pool though.

It has a nice terrace bar, with excellent views of the city, which is probably its best feature.
Rooms are large, comfortable and furnished in a simple manner.

The staff is generally polite, and helpful, though after coming from Koh Samui, I felt they lacked the general warmth I experienced in the hospitality sector in Koh Samui. Also, they need to be a bit more informed of their surroundings. I was informed that the nearest shop for a phone charger would be 15 min away, but I found one practically next door. And the taxi that the concierge called for us refused to take us to our destination and dropped us across the road, when the driver realized that we wanted to go by the meter.

The breakfast was decent, but nothing spectacular.

Very good value for money though, considering the location and the low rates.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to say thank you for the wonderful review that you have written in Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us.

It fills me with great pleasure when I read that you had an enjoyable stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok. If ever you decide to stay in Bangkok in the future, you are more than welcome to visit us once again to experience another enjoyable stay.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for nights. From the moment arrived till the moment I leaved the hotel, I was impressed by their service. The suite room were great and every evening, turn down service was provided. Breakfast was delicious. All the staff in the hotel were friendly and they greeted and smile everytime. The room was big. Although it is quite a walking distance from the main shopping area, it is worth staying in the hotel because of the service. If you mind the distance there are lots of taxi and tuk tuk you can take waiting outside the hotel. The bellman could get you one too. The rooms give you the feel of your home. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for staying at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok during your recent visit to Bangkok. We do know that there are a lot of hotel choices in Bangkok and yet you have chosen to stay with us. Secondly, we would like to thank you for taking the time in writing a detailed review of your stay with us. Your comments are much appreciated.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased the overall service provided to you.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, as it is from your feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence. I am sure that a lot of travelers, whether leisure or business, will benefit from your review.

Your complimentary remarks were definitely a delight to read. My colleagues take great pride in providing exceptional service and it is always rewarding to be able to share praises from our guests.

Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok to continue providing the best service experience.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My stay here has absolutely wonderful. Many shopping malls are within walking distance. Great room and buffet spread. But what made this stay memorable was the staff. The bell boys from the moment I checked in with fiancé were very welcoming. I remember bellboy Anurak, in particular, as he was extremely friendly and helpful to my typical tourist questions. Before I hopped into a taxi, we would always have long chats. Kudos to the entire team for providing such great hospitality, Also, I want to say thank you to the girl at the restaurant. I believed she was the supervisor over there as I see her every morning during buffet period. One of the days, my partner was extremely ill and could not join me for breakfast. She explained to me that normally they do not this, however she politely asked me to place all the food that I require on a plate and she would ask room service to send to my room. That same day in the afternoon, I called for room service and ordered porridge which is only a breakfast menu item. They too gladly obliged to my request. As my fiancé was ill, she made a mess of the bathroom. (Puke) Housekeeping cleaned it up and left the room with sincere smile on their face, and wished my fiancé a speedy recovery.

Well done! And great job everybody!
I will definitely return here on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Rich1800
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the facilities in the hotel and the central shopping location of Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

We are glad to hear of your great commendations about Khun Anurak, Khun Kung and Khun Puke and rest assured that we will share these with them. Your words will motivate them even further, as well as all our colleagues, to continue providing the best service experience, whether it be a room request, service assistance required, or to give tourist information.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.