Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #108 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Love it”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Best hotel ive stayed in asia during my 3 months of travelling. Really soft beds, great pillies and a nice bathroom for a great price. Personel were so friendly and nice. Will definitely return. Food in the restaurants was really good too. Totally recommend this place!!!

Stayed May 2014
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to share in Tripadvisor the experience you had on your trip at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

I am very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok your gracious comments will serve as an added inspiration for our colleagues to consistently maintain the high standard of service excellence which you have experienced while you were on holiday in our hotel.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you once again to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok in the near future

E: gmcwb@chr.co.th

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

have a pleasant at this hotel, enjoy every single moment from check-in, room condition, hotel services, staff friendliness, breakfast, wifi, air-con, water heater, bed, tv to check out services& etc, I rate a full 5 star for them.
I am a bit hesitate while friend recommending me on this hotel due to that's some distance(around 1km) from Airport Link & BTS, too short for a taxi and long enough to walk under bangkok hot sun, however after arriving on the hotel, I will say this is the hotel in my priority list for my next bangkok trip. Strongly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Zen T
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the amazing comment. We are very happy indeed that your stay was a success!

Hearing such nice things about every aspect of your visit is very inspiring for us and really makes us want to continue giving our best to make each stay unique and memorable. I have passed your compliments to our team members and they were very pleased to get these.

We hope to welcome you back to us again very soon at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Ljubljana
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Easy to find from the airport. Rooms were clean and spacious and very well decorated. We especially liked the see-through shower. Breakfast included great variety of dishes and they were all very tasty. The staff was very friendly, but some of the receptionists could be more fluent in English.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay in Bangkok and your recent stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the room as well as the breakfast selection in Café 9, and most especially the service you have received from our colleagues.

Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok to continue providing the best service experience.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

It's a brand new hotel. The reception lobby is located at level 8 of the shopping centre and it was very clean. I booked 2 superior rooms for my trip and I checked in at around 9pm local time. Upon checking in, I requested both rooms to be on the same floor however after checking through their system, the floor manager was unable to allocate me 2 rooms on the same floor. But what the manager did next really brighten up my day after a trying trip back from Hua Hin.

The manager told me that I was given free upgrade for both room from superior to the 1 bedroom suite as this will enable me to have both room on the same level. This was really a very sweet and kind gesture from the floor manager trying to acede to my request.

My one bedroom suite was located at the end of the walkway of the 14th level. When I open up the room, I was kind of shock. The living room was nicely decorated. With TV, radio and a sofa bed. There's also a working table.

The bedroom was spacious and was very modernised. Room was bright, clean and very new. The bed was king sized, huge and very comfortable. One of the best i had on vacation. A sweet gesture from the hotel is that they have a range of pillow for you to choose from, depending on the softness you prefer. You can just call the housekeeping staff to change.

The toilet was spacious and the toiletries given was awesome. I can safely say that they provide everything you need. The bathtub was clean and new. The shower was nice as well.

The breakfast was nice too. Just that the menu repeats evryday 2 days. Quite a varieties of food and with a wide range of pastries.

Overall I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. Was very satisfied with the room and from the staff. Love the room. The only downside was that there is no swimming pool at the hotel. I would definitely go back there this coming June when I'm back in bkk.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank vinc3nt_19
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for spending your quality time to provide us your valuable feedback about Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive. Also, we are pleased to know that you have appreciated the empowerment provided my our colleagues.

Your positive thoughts have been shared with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit in June.

Ucluelet, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wow, the service was amazing, staff attentive and friendly, rooms spacious,clean and comfortable beds. Location could not be better. We stayed in several different areas of Bangkok but this location was ideal for shopping, dining and easy access to public transit. We were celebrating our anniversary and having mentioned this at check in were presented with a cake in our room.
After trying out several lower and higher priced hotels we were happy to find this gem. Priced just right. Sky bar was a treat after a day in Bangkok. We also stayed at Centara in Krabi, this is now my new favourite brand hotel

Room Tip: loved the room overlooking the restaurant water feature
1 Thank ukee2
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks you so much for your very kind words following your stay with us at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

I was really touched by them and have already shared them with my management team who in turn will feed them back to their teams. To run a successful hotel you need a team that are hard working and take pride in what they do and I am so proud of each and every one of them.

We look forward to your next visit to us and please do let me know if you require any further assistance at any time.

Orlando
Reviewed 26 April 2014

First of all, all of the staff at this hotel are great. The rooms are nice and the bed was very comfortable. The gym was very small, but had 3 treadmills, an eliptical, a bike, a multistation weight machine and dumbells to 40 lbs. It was adequete. If you get a good deal, this hotel will be worth it. I stayed here twice during my month in Thailand, so I will be writing a second review which will be better, but will still contain many of the same flaws from the first visit. The reason my wife and I stayed twice was because of how helpful the staff at Chili Hip was at organizing a surprise anniversary dinner. They went above and beyond in their efforts to ensure our satisfaction and surprise. Had I stayed there before making the second reservation, I would have chose elsewhere.

Unfortunately, there are way too many reviewers that have never stayed at a 5 star hotel that review hotels as 5 stars on this site. This hotel is a fine 3 star hotel and deserves to be rated as that. If you expect that, you will be pleased with your stay. This is a $50 to $60 a night 3 star hotel in Bangkok. When they have a pool and fix their internet as the management assured me, this will be a 3.5 to 4 star hotel.

Now for the downside.

NO POOL. In one of the hottest and humid places on the planet, you have to have a pool if you are to consider yourself a quality hotel.

The worst hotel internet I have ever experienced. We kept getting knocked off the wireless and it was absurdly slow. It took an hour to send one email. If you are here for business, good luck. The TV is governed so you can't raise the volume over 35 or access the menu. Unfortunately, the channels that I wanted to watch could not be heard if the air conditioner was on. We had to call a few times to get one of their engineers to the room but we were able to explain the problem and he adjusted our TV so I could hear it. All of the Thai channels, of course had sufficient volume at 35.

The room was nice, with ample storage space, but there was a musty smell in the room whenever we returned from a day of shopping. I'm not sure if it went away after turning the air conditioning on or we just got used to it. Cigarrette smoke and one night cigar smoke in the hallway, so much that it was overpowering in the room.

The A/C never got below 23 degrees even though we set it for 18. Not that bad as It was so hot outside that 23 felt comfortable, but I would have prefered 21 degrees.

Cafe 9. My first day in the hotel we decided to have lunch at around 1pm. I work in Iraq and do not get many opportunities to eat good food so on this day I would have been much more receptive to a mediocre meal. We ordered a salad, 2 tenderloins and some drinks. We were one of only 2 tables in the restaurant, with a total of 4 patrons being served at the time we were there. The salad and drinks arrived promptly but it took the main course 50 minutes. Both steaks were ordered medium rare and one came cooked correctly, while the other arrived extremely well done and tough. We asked for another steak and that took another 30 minutes. The quality of the meat was similar to Dennys where you would expect to pay $15 US dollars not $30. Breakfast was acceptable for the price. They had what you expect to have but nothing more. The quality and taste were good for what was offered.

Chili Hip. Service was exceptional, although you would expect that seeing that we were the only people dining there on a Thursday night. The view was great. The food was ok. Nothing spectacular as you would expect from such a nice venue. This place has so much potential with a better menu.

With so many other hotels at the same price in the area, I cant say I would recommend this one to a friend. It has potential to be better but not yet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your constructive and honest review. We are grateful for your feedback as it has given us an opportunity to review and subsequently improve our service delivery.

Your constructive comments have been shared with the team during our daily morning meeting so as to enable all our team members to review the specific areas of service that require improvement.

As hotel professional you know how important it is to inform the hotel staff about your dissatisfaction's on the spot, so that they can correct your dissatisfaction's straight on and organise that you have a great and enjoyable stay!

We do apologies for the inconveniences you were caused and do hope to be able to welcome you back on a future visit to Bangkok so as to show you the improvements made and the level of service delivery we strive to achieve.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

profetional & freindly staff
clean rooms very good breakfast, the location is good near the shopping area
the low price is for 2 stars but the hotel is 5 stars
next time in bangkok i would stay in centara watergate pavillion again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to hear that you have chosen to stay and that we have become your hotel of choice when in Bangkok.

Furthermore, it was lovely to read your remarks about the staff and to learn that they are friendly and helpful.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.