Arrived Bangkok on 4 June early evening 8pm. Airport at SVB was smooth and took a public taxi to hotel. Took the highway and reach hotel in about 25 minutes. No traffic jam at all! No signs of soldiers (what coup?).
Hotel reception was fast, simple and efficient. Booked for standard room and requested for high floor. Room size were very small but view and cleanliness of the room makes it up for my short stay in this busy city.
1. Room had unobstructed views of the towering Baiyoke Sky Tower and the vicinity.
2. Room had good and basic toiletries in the bathroom.
3. No bathtub but standing shower was good too.
4. Toilet and flush working well.
5. A small compact wardrobe for your clothes available.
6. Room had kettle, bottled drinking water and coffee instant sachets.
7. King Bed was surprisingly comfortable and sheets were clean and crisp white.
Despite small room size, it was rather cleverly designed with a good overall rounder experience. If you are having a short city stay, you can consider this small and well managed property. Value of room was good for budget travelers. There is a shopping mall below the hotel. Decent shops and restaurants available. This property is near to Platinum Mall and a short taxi ride to Central World, Pratunam Market and Airport Rail Link station.
Room in-dining service was not bad too. Nicely setup too.
Downsides: There is no swimming pool available and it is not really near to BTS station. However, if you are a taxi person, shouldn't be an issue as there were many taxis around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally positioned in the heart of Bangkok’s shopping district, within easy access to the airport link station with trains directly to and from Suvarnabhumi International Airport, the BTS Skytrain, and the expressway, this modern four-star hotel features 281 rooms and family-friendly suites designed in a light, modern, and inviting decor. With an outdoor relaxation area with cabanas, a spa that draws its inspiration from modern rejuvenation practices and Thai and Ayurvedic philosophies, and a fitness centre, you’ll enjoy plenty of leisure opportunities. Foodies, look no further. The hotel is home to an exciting all-day dining restaurant, a rooftop restaurant serving the complex flavours of Thai and Asian cuisines, and a rooftop bar. The hotel seamlessly connects to Watergate Pavillion Shopping Mall and offers free Wi-Fi access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.