“Comfortable Rooms and Good Location”

Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #104 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Location is good - walking distance to bts and various shopping areas. Have to take note when you tell the cab drivers as Amari Watergate is nearby too; our cab driver only understood the "Watergate" part and took us to Amari initially. Had to get him to contact the hotel so as to get directions to the right place. Hotel entrance is also hidden at the side making it a little more difficult to find if you are not observant enough to look out for the signs. There are also a number of 7-11s and family convenience stalls nearby for late night snacks. Room was not huge but comfortable and clean. Had the basic room facilities. Room service was a little slow though; we had to call the reception at least twice every time we needed something and it took rather long for them to come over. Overall, the stay was a pleasant one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jasmineishere
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

I was pleased to hear that you liked the hotel and that you found the staff friendly and helpful, as well as the clean and comfortable room.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My first impression upon entering the Watergate was "wow'. There were several doormen/bellboys who were ready to take my bag and usher me through to the reception. Check-in was quick and I also enquired about storing my bags upon checkout which was no problem whatsoever!

In general I loved the design of the hotel and my room; it seems quite futuristic and was impeccably clean and new. All the staff were helpful and courteous. There were security men posted at all times so it felt extremely secure. The gym was brilliant although the air conditioning could have been set at less than 25C!! I was there at 6am and I was still too hot! I also loved that they espouse environmentally friendly policies.

The only small let downs for me were the pool and the buffet breakfast. The pool is a water feature which whilst stunning it seems a shame that there isn't an actual pool for swimming in.
The breakfast had a huge range however what they had wasn't to my taste and the coffee was appalling. I asked for an espresso and got a weak, tasteless black coffee. There were only a few Thai breakfast dishes and the kale stir fry and pork dish were both soaking in oil. In the future I would rather go out for a more genuine local breakfast but that's just me. I'm sure it catered to most Western palates if you like pastries and cereals.

Please note that whilst the Centara is close to the airport train, it is not at all convenient to get to the sky train. It's at least a 10 minute walk which is not signposted and it's easy to get lost. Also whilst there are a lot of big shopping malls close by I was surprised by the dinginess of the surrounding streets. Maybe that's a Bangkok dichotomy- just don't expect because the Centara is so pristine that the streets around it are too!

All round it was a positive experience for me and I would definitely consider staying again.

Room Tip: I was on the 10th floor with a lovely view over the water-feature/pool. I had to be careful to keep...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us at the Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

It is a pleasure to note that you were pleased with the design of the hotel and the rooms. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated and it was indeed a pleasure to have you as our guests.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Arrived Bangkok on 4 June early evening 8pm. Airport at SVB was smooth and took a public taxi to hotel. Took the highway and reach hotel in about 25 minutes. No traffic jam at all! No signs of soldiers (what coup?).

Hotel reception was fast, simple and efficient. Booked for standard room and requested for high floor. Room size were very small but view and cleanliness of the room makes it up for my short stay in this busy city.

1. Room had unobstructed views of the towering Baiyoke Sky Tower and the vicinity.
2. Room had good and basic toiletries in the bathroom.
3. No bathtub but standing shower was good too.
4. Toilet and flush working well.
5. A small compact wardrobe for your clothes available.
6. Room had kettle, bottled drinking water and coffee instant sachets.
7. King Bed was surprisingly comfortable and sheets were clean and crisp white.

Despite small room size, it was rather cleverly designed with a good overall rounder experience. If you are having a short city stay, you can consider this small and well managed property. Value of room was good for budget travelers. There is a shopping mall below the hotel. Decent shops and restaurants available. This property is near to Platinum Mall and a short taxi ride to Central World, Pratunam Market and Airport Rail Link station.

Room in-dining service was not bad too. Nicely setup too.

Downsides: There is no swimming pool available and it is not really near to BTS station. However, if you are a taxi person, shouldn't be an issue as there were many taxis around.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kpseah
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your extensive review on Tripadvisor with regards to your stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

It was a true pleasure to read your comments as they gave a clear understanding of the feelings that your experience with us evoked. We learn how much you appreciated the view and the design of the rooms. As well it is great to read that you grade our hotel as “value for money”.

Your complements have been shared with our team members.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once more in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 days on the first leg of our honeymoon. It is in a great location- walking distance to Siam center, bts station, food and shopping. Cheap taxis everywhere. The rooms are not large but very modern , clean and quite beautiful. We would come back! There's a water lounge area but no pool so I gave it four stars. The breakfast included is amazing! Service is a mix- some are great and some have a little attitude. We booked during protests and it was a great deal.

• Stayed: May 2014
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an amazing review on Tripadvisor.

I was absolutely delighted to read through your comments and to hear that the team exceeded your expectations.

Furthermore, it was fantastic to hear your comments about your experiences at breakfast as well as your appreciation of the modern design and the cleanliness of the room.

Thank you so much for recommending Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok - we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on another occasion.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I booked this hotel for the first time and I am glad that I have done that. Location of the hotel is great, easily connecting with Airport Link (10 minutes walk), very good breakfast, friendly staff, excellent rooms, very nice outdoor pool. they have almost all the ingredients of a great hotel. They are missing on free-shuttle to the BTS and Airport Link. But I still would love to return back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for the upgrades, if front office is kind enough they will do that.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,,

Greetings from Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property! We truly appreciate your feedback and taking the time to share this with us.

It is always rewarding to hear that our valued guests enjoy their stay and that friendly service, the quality and variety of our breakfast buffet and the location of our hotel are recognized and appreciated.

Please contact me at gmcwb@chr.co.th to your next stay with us, so that I can personally thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I book 13 rooms on d 16th of may for 4days 3 nites n we were so satisfied of d hotel staff service especially Staff Aswin,he assist us alot..upgrade my rm to deluxe rm n oso let us late chk out for 5 rooms which i request,Thank you so much Aswin,room was clean n d bed was so comfortable,great breakfast~~ 5mins walk to platinum mall n 15mins walk to central world n d four face Buddha,lastly thks so much of d bellboy,they realli help us alot..I will definitely stay bk tis hotel on my nxt visit

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

Also, we are overwhelmed with your meticulous way in which you make it a point to write and share your experience and appreciation on the food, room, bathroom, overall facilities and our jewel, the staff, especially Khun Aswin. Your sentiments are precious, thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.

As you have promised, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Possibilities are endless at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel in late May 2014 for 7 days. We were impressed by the bright clean rooms and the ambience of the hotel itself. The staff we dealt with were excellent including the breakfast team, the baggage team and the receptionists.
Our room was a standard room with a large kingsize bed and an excellent view of the surrounding area. The bathroom included a circular shower with a "rain nozzle" as well as a standard one. Being new, the carpets felt soft and comfortable also.
We were a little disappointed that there was no swimming pool - our brochures seemed to show that there was, but this area was trendy and suitable for reading, light meals, and drinks.
Breakfast was probably the best of the 4 hotels we stayed in during our 3 week holiday.
We would also recommend the rooms all be equipped with 2 comfortable chairs instead of the one and perhaps a small coffee table if room permitted.
We had no trouble getting a taxi to and from the airport and although the BTS stations are an invigorating walk away, access to Platinum Fashion Mall and Central World shopping is not much of a problem. A shopping complex beneath and around the hotel is developing and the nearby market stalls are always interesting.
Thank you Centara for making our Bangkok stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Wim_Fagel, General Manager at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear guest,

I was delighted to read your review following your recent stay at Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok.

I was glad that we met your expectations and found the service and hotel facilities to your liking.

Please do come and visit Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok again soon.