“Clean and well managed spot next to train station”

Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok
Ranked #196 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Bend, Oregon
“Clean and well managed spot next to train station”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed a few days at Centra primarily due to its closeness to the train station. We found it to be easy to get to anywhere in bangkok from here either by tuk tuk or taxi. We are a family of four and this was a clean and comfortable intro to thailand for our girls. We were glad we had the breakfast option as it is a good deal for a family and has both Thai and European breakfast options. The small wading pool makes for a cool respite to bangkok heat and nice for happy hour. We stayed int eh suit and it was great for the family with rooms separated by and thin sliding door so the girls were not too far away and felt safe. We easily booked train sleeper rail down south to Champoan and Ko Tao from this location. Hint, go to the train station information center and not the helpers outside the station that lead you to the outside travel agents across the street. We saved a few baht this way.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank WoodyDominical
CSB-Bangkok, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Khun WoodyDominical,

I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Questionnaire during your recent stay at Centra Central Station Hotel Bangkok.

Your valued feedback will help us improve our performance and attain our objective which is to thoroughly delight all our guests.

May I take this opportunity to thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again for a more pleasurable experience.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bayonne, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Centra Central Station hotel was great. It's decor is beautiful and comfortable, the food was delicious (there is a lot of variety for breakfast), they have a very nice spa on site, there is a supermarket on site with lots of variety and good options, the rooms were spacious and clean, and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jazzyc81
Dear Khun Jazzyc81,

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I went to the centra hotel right after arriving in bangkok and i think it is the perfect starting point to a trip in thailand. Staff and food were nice, the room and the view great, really nothing to complain about.
They offer also one great service: you can leave stuff there, also for 1-2 weeks and you know it's safe because they give you a tag which is needed to get it back. Other hotels in thailand simply put your stuff in a room that might be accessible to pretty much everyone.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Khun JessiR90,

new orleans
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Feb. 2014

At the taxi stand I showed the address of the hotel and the supervisor didn't know the location....he showed the address to a taxi driver who didn't know it either...then another who was also clueless. I suggested to call the hotel and get directions. He did and we reached our hotel.

Next day, we took a tuk tuk back to the hotel, in the early evening. He said he knew, but he didn't. At one point I was asking the tuk tuk guy to take me to the police...we spent one hour riding this thing, someone in a motor bike tried to snatch my backpack but I was faster in my reaction than the speed of the bike...anyway, to the Central Hotel we were taken, not to our hotel. At this hotel the doorman of the Central hotel called our hotel for directions, finally...after one long hour we reached our hotel...the Centra Central Station.

Next day I asked the nice guy at the reception to write in my notebook landmarks near the hotel. For those visiting, make sure that you get acquainted with the Golden Buda Temple because it is within waking distance to the hotel which happens to be a very short distance to Chinatown.

As the hotel people to write the landmarks near the hotel in Thai...otherwise, forget it!!!

How is the hotel? Very nice!! confusing is the fact that upon arrival you take the elevator to the 12 floor where the reception is located...from here you take the elevator to your room. Ask for a room with a window. The rooms are very nice, very clean and the service is superb....absolutely everybody in this hotel is friendly and English is fluently spoken by the employees, except in the dining area. Breakfast is included and it is very nice....you find the usual stuff...Eastern and Western food. Coffee at the hotel and all over Thailand sucks!! Their idea of coffee is instant NESCAFE and their idea of milk is CARNATION evaporated milk. I can swear that in Phi Phi Island the huge pots of coffee where nothing more and nothing less than instant coffee.

There is a big convenience store in the basement of the hotel...you find there everything...and this is a plus!!!the metro is nearby so this is a plus for the hotel. The only reason why this hotel is cheap is because of its location, it really is a nightmare.

The word CENTRAL....CENTRA....is very popular in Thailand, why? who knows...you see it in streets, in buildings, in businesses....etc... I will be back in August and I will pay more for a hotel better located...I am thinking of Le Meridiam, great street...full of live ...and close to the Siam Center where they have a show including dinner that is really very nice at $27 for dinner and show...the show is sort of folkloric .. nothing fancy but it was a nice way to end the stay in Bangkok which was followed by a great massage right there, at this Siam Center...or shopping Center, very nice.

Best,

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Khun Azulica,

sandifreo
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed here on the last night of our trip with G Adventures. New Hotel , with excellent position for trains. All rooms were spacious , sheets & bed were crisp & fresh with beautiful shower. They also have a Spa/ Massage on the 13 th floor with specials thru the day, check out the flyer in your room. Breakfast, really good with a fabulous choice all buffet style

Room Tip: Rooms are allocated on Arrivials , the views are good, you are very high up , the reception starts o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Khun Sandifreo,

Vancouver
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed two nights at the beginning of our G Adventure vacation and two nights at the end at this great hotel. The room were clean and well appointed with a great view of the main railway station. It was very central to get to anywhere in Bangkok. We would recommend it. The only confusing part is that the lobby is at the top of the hotel and the rooms are below it so having to go up one elevator to the lobby and then down another to get to your room after a long day of exploring can fray the nerves. This is not really a complaint...more of an observation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Khun DerAsh,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed for 4 nights prior to going on a G adventures tour. Room was modern, spacious with a comfy bed. Breakfast was good with a choice of Western and Asian dishes. Great view of Bangkok and nice outside bar/ restaurant

Room Tip: Arrived 8.00am from uk and immediately given a bedroom .. So needed a sleep
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple