“I love this hotel”

Ranked #204 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“I love this hotel”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is the second time I am staying at this hotel. I came across it while doing a tour and the first few nights were at this hotel. It's a great location right on the mtr. So if you need to use transport it's ideal. It's got a 3/4 star feel but with a much cheaper price tag. The second time round I booked a room at last min working out to be £25 per night. Ok so it's not that cheap but it's worth it. You have a gym and it's not far from koh San road, takes about 7 mins and 80bt to get there. I like it because I hate staying in very touristy places and this does the job. The staff are really nice and helpful and you get free wifi.

Room Tip: You can usually get a cheaper room if you take one with no windows. Really not a problem as the room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
CSB-Bangkok, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Khun Zed821,

I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor review during your recent stay at Centra Central Sation Bangkok

Your valued feedback will help us improve our performance and attain our objective which is to thoroughly delight all our guests.

May I take this opportunity to thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again for a more pleasurable experience.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights. It is clean, nice rooms, big bathroom and a gorgeous view over Bangkok.
Unfortunately, we were not as impressed by the service. The front desk staff were not friendly and did not always provide the correct information. We were told the incorrect times for breakfast as were many other people. We also asked them to book us a taxi to take us to the airport at 6.15am, however we waited about 15 minutes for this only to be told that there was "miscommunication" and the taxi was in fact booked for 7.15am. The manager and the security guard were helpful in flagging us one from the street. This cost us 500 bhat, compared to the 700 the hotel were charging for their taxi service! This hotel is way too overpriced if you ask me, trying to charge me $5 to iron a tiny dress because I wasn't allowed an iron in the room.
I wasn't overly impressed by Bangkok either, it's a pretty city with beautiful temples, but everyone is out to scam you, trying to take you to their friends shop instead of where you want to go.
I don't think I shall be going back.

Room Tip: No swimming pool here just a small relaxing area with sun loungers
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tehmeena k
Dear Khun tehmeena k,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was our first stop in SEA and a great launching point. It was conveniently located near Chinatown. Our room had a great view of the city, was very modern and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a spa day at the hotel and it was very luxurious and lovely.

Room Tip: Higher for better view. There was construction on the street so higher was better!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Khun shinyobjects63,

carlisle
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed at Centra in June 2014.
I was greeted by warm, friendly staff who I quickly learnt were extremely knowledgable and helpful. The front of house team at reception were always very willing to offer help and advice on where locations were, how to get there - and just as importantly how much it should cost via taxi etc.
We were given a card that had the hotel's address on and opened up to a basic map which helped when getting a taxi back and was extremely useful.
The room was excellent value for money. The shower is huge and the bathroom is clean and well equipped. The room offers a safe, TV, hair dryer and fridge. The room is modern, stylish, clean and very comfortable to stay in.
Breakfast is a buffet style with a fantastic range of international choices, as is lunch. There is great quality food to suit all tastes.
Basement floor is a 24 hour supermarket which is great for getting late night snack and beverages for taking back to your room.
Location - the hotel is located in China town and is literally across the road from the metro - making everywhere easily accessible.
I would highly recommend this hotel to couples, families and businesses. It offers all you could need with high quality staff to top it off.

Thank you for a really enjoyable stay :)

Room Tip: Rooms with a window and higher floor offer a lovely panoramic view of the Bangkok skyline which ligh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CSB-Bangkok, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Khun emma9383

uk
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I stayed here in June 2014 and found it to be a good experience, the hotel is very clean and quite modern, the staff are good and friendly.

I got stuck in the elevator during my stay, I was not very impressed that there was no kind of apology made, but perhaps this is just the way in Thailand.

The breakfast is included and is pretty good and varied.

The rooms are modern and in good repair, the air conditioning is effective and quiet.

The hotel business card should have the address also written in Thai, there was not a single tuktuk or taxi driver that was able to find the hotel first time yet it doesnt seem to be in a strange place.

Room Tip: choose a floor high up to reduce traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CSB-Bangkok, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Khun j100_99,

Katowice, Poland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The location is great - 3 minutes from metro and Hua Lampong (main) train station, 7 minutes from the heart of Chinatown and 25 minutes from Rachawong river boat station (all walking distances). Lovely and courteous staff, stylish room decor and overall hotel interiors, good breakfast (combination of European and Thai) made it hugely enjoyable stay. Do it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CSB-Bangkok, ผู้จัดการฝ่ายต้อนรับลูกค้า at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Khun tmsglc,

Medina, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I was stay here 3 days 2 nights because of my business. This hotel close to china town and many market. Location is easy to walk or public transport. Service mind from staff and nice city view my windows. I'll come back to this hotel again soon!!!

Stayed June 2557, travelled on business