“The Hotel”

Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok
Ranked #204 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Location is good for us.
Room is good but external window full of dust without cleaning.
Breakfast is merely good enough as less of variety.
No bell boy service downstair as the hotel lobby is on 12/F.
SPA service on 14/F just so so, try to find somewhere in BKK in terms of price, quality...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
CSB-Bangkok, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Khun WWXX01,

I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to complete Tripadvisor review during your recent stay at Centra Central Sation Bangkok

Your valued feedback will help us improve our performance and attain our objective which is to thoroughly delight all our guests.

May I take this opportunity to thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again for a more pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Centra is a great hotel. We stayed here for two nights and thought the service was excellent. The breakfast buffet was delicious, but needed more variety in terms of breakfast items versus Thai items such as rice and noodles.

While we were there the hotel held a free Tai Chi class and even offered a complimentary breakfast overlooking the city. The management and staff attended and were very welcoming. This was the first time they had offered such a class, but the staff seemed genuinely interested in creating more opportunities for guests to enjoy similar experiences in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Malissa O
CSB-Bangkok, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Khun Malissa O,

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Being well-connected in Bangkok often means paying a premium price for a super-fancy hotel or a high price for a place possibly described as a 'hovel'. I'm happy to report Centra's fine offering is the best of both worlds - a reasonable price combined with excellent location and amenities.

Opened July 2013, you'll check-in at the 12th floor, then make your way to the 'internal' set of elevators to your room or around the hotel (tap your card then push the floor button). Rooms are immaculately clean, and from this high up you get a nice view of the surroundings. There's a lot of construction happening around the Hua Lamphong train station, but you'll hear almost nothing of it. Just take care crossing the street as the traffic patterns are skewed because of it.

I'll point out the exceptional treatments available in the 14th floor spa. It's worth splurging a bit for a treat - it's a completely first-world experience, and absolutely in line with what you'd expect from a massage or treatment in the Western world. 90 minutes of world-class treatment for 1,200 baht is entirely worth it, at least once in awhile.

The only negative thing to say was that the standard-sized room was on the small side - consider an upgrade to a larger room if you're bringing more than a suitcase apiece.

Beyond that minor issue, it's the very definition of a three-star hotel: classic comfort, clean, modern, and plenty of facilities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Khun ChrisBacke,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Finished my holiday by spending one night in this hotel. Rooms spotless and which afforded excellent views over the city, bed very comfortable, bathroom and shower facilities good. Reception is on the 12th floor and opens out onto a light and airy foyer area where you take the second lift from reception down to your floor - I was on the 7th floor. Staff attentive and helpful. The buffet style breakfast was truly fantastic with too many choices to name here. Even though I ate relatively late, food was still being prepared and bain marie's were being replenished. A great end to a fabulous holiday!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
CSB-Bangkok, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Khun Susan C,

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

A great hotel close to the central train station (a 2 min walk away).

Modern, clean, comfortable, well equipped rooms, great shower, big bed, lots of pillows!!!

Large windows in the room giving great views of the bangkok skyline.

Lovely, relaxing outside space to sit and chill after a busy day serving good cocktails- my only complaint would be that the service at the bar was slow but didn't cause a great problem.

Reception staff were very helpful.

Highly recommended, would definitely stay again

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Khun Joshe2008,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This slightly unusual hotel was a real find for the start of my family holiday. The reception was located on the 12th floor whereas the room that I stayed in was on the 9th floor. The room was pleasantly surprising in it's size meaning plenty of room for a family of 4. The breakfast selections were excellent. A lovely mix of Western and eastern cuisine styles. The rooms included rechargeable torches in the wardrobes which are very helpful when travelling with young children. Staff at the hotel were very helpful and we found that it was an easy taxi ride to and from the international airport in Bangkok even though it is located across the city. It is an easy walk into the China Town area and only a short walk from the temple that holds a beautiful solid gold Buddha. Perfectly located for a short city break in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CSB-Bangkok, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Khun abujanprincess,

Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's a really great, conveniently placed hotel opposite Hualamphong station. It's very new and modern with everything still immaculate. The cool pool on the top is perfect for chilling out in, well I say in, it's only ankle deep with lovely sun loungers actually in the pool. The restaurant offers good food (not great) but it's a tad pricey. The staff are really great and warm and couldn't be more helpful. For a hotel in such a great location and for the quality offered it's way under priced. The rooms were fairly small but with a great city view. The breakfast is decent and comes with the best bacon I've eaten in 6 months. Oh another point, when returning to Bangkok from the Islands we had a 5 hour wait for our train. We paid for the buffet breakfast and then the staff let us lounge around by the pool (my father and I slept like kings for an hour) whilst they looked after our luggage for hours. AND another thing, we had booked the £20ish per night rooms that don't have windows (it was only for a night) but they upgraded us to window rooms for free. HOWZAT

Room Tip: The two rooms we had were perfectly nice but a tad on the small side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terrie-Jean
CSB-Bangkok, Front Office Manager at Prime Hotel Central Station Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Khun Terrie-Jean,