“Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Phra Nakhon
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Tucked away down a back street away from the craziness of Koh San road this beautiful Italian serves up wood fired pizzas and relaxed vines. The pizza was the best id ever had and I'm excited to come back here again on one of the many times I'll be passing through Bangkok again on my travels around south east Asia

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (585)

Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

Really really nice. The best italian food. We had a pizza greco and margharita. Tasted heavenly.
Lots of green as in plants. Worth to find in the small street parallel to khao san road.
Life is peacefull here

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I saw awesome reviews of this place which is why we chose to come here for our first meal in khaosan area. Note: it is down a smaller side street/alley parallel to khaosan!

I work in the restaurant industry and I know tons of things can go wrong on a busy night, which this restaurant was quite busy with only 2 servers. These two servers were also in charge of making and baking the pizza.. Busy usually means very good food, and you can tell its a popular place! Here is what we thought..

BAD:
1) We waited an hour (no lie, we checked what time we took a picture right before walking in) for our seafood and veggie glass noodle, and curry dish with rice, to be made. It's absolutely way too long for any restaurant, and it sucks when you come from a very long day of traveling. The worst part is we saw another table get sat AFTER us but they got their food 20 minutes before us.

2) Secondly, the food comes out at different times. My boyfriend's meal came out first, and mine came out 10-15 minutes after. We like to eat together, and I saw this happen to a few other tables.

3) when we tried to let the server know that we waited an hour, she laughed and walked away without saying anything. I believe she didn't speak English but it did not feel good on the receiving end knowing that you couldn't even communicate how frustrated you felt about the wait experience.

GOOD:
1) It was nice that the manager noticed us waiting and brought us garlic bread (it wasn't much, just 4 small slices of baguette). But a very nice gesture.

2) we mentioned how we felt about the wait and he offered us a drink each. We picked the colada and the Daiquiri and they were both tasty, but on the small side.

3) the food is actually very very good! The curry is one of the best we've had, and the glass noodles are great! Good and big portions, as we read on reviews, which is exactly what attracted us here. It's got so many options of food (westernized food is much more expensive than the local dishes on the menu).

Reviewed 4 July 2016

My friend and I did an internship in Bangkok for five months. After the first few weeks we were craving for some good western food, for example Italian. So we found this restaurant on TripAdvisor. The first time we went to Ranee's we had no idea where to find this restaurant because it's hidden in a small alley near by Khao San Road. But when we found the restaurant and we got to taste the excellent pizza with a nice glass of wine we were sold. Not only is the Italian food fantastic (bruschetta, caprese, pizza, pasta etc.), but the Thai food is also very good and they serve you big portions for a very reasonable price. The staff at Ranee's is great. We got to know them a little bit because we came here so many times.

If you are in Bangkok you should definitely go to Ranee's. Chill vibe and music, good food and a great staff.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

After reading several great reviews, myself and my partner ate in Ranees on our first night in Bangkok. I had the chicken massaman curry and my partner had the green curry and we shared a vegetable and egg fried rice. Both dishes were delicious, and the service was very good. We went back to Ranees for a second time the following week with our friends who had just arrived in Bangkok and yet again the food was amazing, my partner had a pepporini pizza and it was awesome. Very reasonably priced too, £7.50 for both meals and two beers :) would definitely recommend!

Date of visit: June 2016