“Amazing price/food”

Price range: US$20 - US$46
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: A place who mix good food and great atmosphere...
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Never seen good quality French food at such low prices anywhere in the world. Lovely little place with great food!

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear SRjnr

Many thanks for share with the Tripadvisor's familly your point of view on our place
Really happy to see that our policy to try to get a good ratio price/quality pleased you and it's why our price will be always NET and NO ++ on the menu....like that no surprise on the bill
I wish you a fantastic 2014 year

Reviewed 28 December 2013

My wife and I had the good fortune to spend ten days in Thailand earlier this month. Based on the trip advisor reviews we sought this restaurant out when we were in Bangkok. It was delightful to find an authentic French bistro on a side street off Sukhumvit Road. The food was exquisite. We first went for the prix fixe lunch which included freshly baked French bread, an appetizer of a fresh tomato stuffed with tuna with herbs and garlic, followed by perfectly cooked fish with mashed potatoes and salad and finished up by cappucino cake and coffee for 380 thai bhat, which is about $12US. Even with the added 7% VAT and 10% service charge (which is the norm in Thailand) it was less thah $14 which is not necessarily cheap for Bangkok but extremely reasonable for this fine quality of French food anywhere else I have travelled in the UK, the US and Europe. Add to this that at lunch we spoke with Jacques one of the co-owners and he made us feel most welcome and comfortable and answered any questions we had--we really felt at home. My wife and I suggested that we return with a couple we know in Bangkok and we went back for a lovely dinner. I splurged and had the foie gras poelee (pan seared foie gras) and the filet de boeuf en croute (beef wellington), my wife had the duck breast which was delicious and afterwards we finished off the meal with a mouthwatering apple tart. When we had lunch we sat in the table by the window which was nice. For dinner we sat upstairs above the bar. The layout of the restaurant reminded me of bistros I have gone to in Paris. After the meal we chatted with Jean Pierre, the founder and told him how much we enjoyed the restaurant and he was a perfect host and treated us like old friends. JP French Restaurant is definitely worth a visit. It's a lovely treat and I'm sure you will enjoy yourself, especially if you enjoy good French food as I do.

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Dear Voyager
I remember very well the evening with you and your friends,it was a great moment of conviviality,and if you enjoy the discussion,be sure me too
Thanks a lot for take time to write us this nice review but if i can just make a little change....it's about our price,the set lunch is at 399 baths...writing on the menu....it's because the tax and service charge are not charged...all the price on the set lunch or a la carte menu,are NET...
In that case,nobody is surprise by the bill because all is inclusive and the price are net
Any way,again many thanks and the team and myself wish for all of you a wonderful end of year and a fantastic next one

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I was expecting to have a lovely lunch with my boyfriend but we couldn't stand the manner/attitude of the waiter and had to leave. When we arrived we were shown our seats. Then, the waiter just dragged out one chair and "threw" the menu board on that chair at us and walked away. We can read a bit of French but also didn't understand how we should combine our choices for their set menu so we called back for him. The waiter came back at us with the expression "I'm so bored with these people" written on his face. And without listening to what we have to ask, he said you can't read right? So can you just listen?...(with the expression "why do I need to waste my time with these people" written on his face) It was a working day lunch with only 4 customers including us inside. The restaurant was far from being busy. We felt that it'd be crazy to pay for the restaurant with such attitude and service manner so we left. I can't comment on any food since we didn't get to try any. Although, I can tell how our appetite has pretty much turned down with this. For anybody who doesn't want to have your day ruined, please reconsider going to this place.
P.S. The waiter was Thai.

4  Thank OakhouseRoom102
jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

dear Oakhouse

Very sad to heard about a such bad attitude and be sure i will do fix this situation and make that will never happened again
it seems ,personaly,that it's a little bit excessif to note a restaurant only on this waiter attitude,without eating here
anyway,i'll do my best for this kind of things never happened again and could you please accepted my sincere apologies
Regards

Reviewed 27 December 2013

The food is amazingly delicious! Went there with no expectation and very surprised with the high quality of the food, the service & the friendly owner. The Foie gras tastes so smooth delicately & melts in your mouth. The tartare de boeuf is coarsely chopped and using fresh beef! The turbot is fresh and perfectly cooked and really compliment with the pesto sauce. The beef wellington is just HEAVEN in your mouth. Lastly, the homemade gelato is a must. We will be back soon.

Dear oh_oillie
Many thanks for your revue and happy to see how you enjoy the place
have a wonderful new year
see you in 2014

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Was surprised to have found such tasteful and accurate French food all the way in Bangkok. Service was excellent at JP, and so was the food. Its a small restaurant on a side street not too crowded area, a good spot for the not so busy relaxing days of the tour. Prices are very reasonable for a western restaurant in an asian country. They have a great beef dish which me and my husband shared, and some nice duck. A definite recommend !

jpdebkk, Propriétaire at JP French Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Amanda
What a nice review you give us and many thanks for that
Really happy that you enjoy our place,foood,and reasonnable price
my team and i wish you and your husband a fantastic end of yesr and a wonderful one to come
JP

Been to JP French Restaurant? Share your experiences!