“Great value, far from downtown”

At Mind Executive Suites
Ranked #206 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Boise, Idaho
“Great value, far from downtown”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We loved the hotel. The rooftoop pool and spa, the rooms with their balconies, the modern touches, It was a lovely lovely place to stay. We would warn travelers, however, that the On Nut BTS stop (the sky train) is pretty far out from the center of activities and tourism areas. The night market was fun, with great food, but otherwise, there was limited activity and food in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fyn79

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked this place as I needed to be in Bangkok for a presentation. it was on offer on Agoda and the price was ok. It wasnt too far to the BTS at On Nutt.
Checkin was all good, the room as ok. there were a few small things not working from maintenance and the bathroom had a bit of mould.
The pool is really a large spa bath. the gym was ok.
The restaurant at the front was ok.
I had an easy few days there and would come again.
If they fix the maintenance, then it would be pretty good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I booked this hotel for several days stay in Bangkok on Agoda. Price was more than reasonable - $25 / day without breakfast for deluxe room. Hotel is located within 7-10 minutes walk from On Nut BTS station on soi 85. Hotel has "small" feel. There bunch of luggage piled in front of reception and around (looks like it's their storage area). Rooms are not very big but with enough functional space. My room had small refrigerator, microwave, and table with dishes. Bathroom was small and I had some trouble to control the temperature of the water in the shower. Rooms are clean and well maintained, bed is comfortable, there is even a small balcony. TV has decent amount of channels. Internet is also fine but you need to login every several hours. Lights require to put room key in the slot, which is pretty annoying - on first day my computer run out of power while I was out and it took a while to cool off the room when I came back because air conditioner was also off. But easy to solve this problem - just put any card in the slot instead of the room key and power will stay on. There is a strange sign in the reception stating that if you to loose your room key it will cost you 500 BAT, never seen something like this before. Swimming pool is on the roof but with enough space maybe for two-three people to get in since its dimensions are about the size of large hot tub. There is no shade whatsoever there and there are possibly one or two chairs to sit on. There is a small restaurant downstairs with pretty reasonable prices. Breakfast cost is 139 BAT and includes typical buffet food and some fruit - not bad for the price. There are also lunch and dinner dishes available at really reasonable prices including drinks during other times of the day. I think it's open till about 10PM but I did not see many people eating there. Anywhere you go you will need to take BTS. It seems that BTS increased prices a bit, so if you have to take 2 trips a day more economical way to go will be one day BTS path for 130 BAT since to get anywhere close to tourist areas will cost you at least 35 BAT and you also will save time not standing in line to buy the tickets every time you travel. There is a huge supermarket by BTS station - TESCO. To me it looked like combination of Costco with Safeway - you can get there anything you want from washing machines to fruits. There is also a street market on opposite side from TESCO which is open till about midnight. By Tesco you also will find a small shopping center with several restaurants - Pizza Hut, M&K, McDonalds, KFC, etc. Walking past the train station there are bunch of massage places on soi 79/1 with Tai massage staring at 150 BAT for an hour. I seen bunch of local people going in and out. Closer to hotel there is a real SPA (Pimmalal Spa) with reasonable prices but of course higher than in massage shops on the street. The neighborhood has several apartment buildings and some offices. There are not many foreigners around. Overall it was a decent buy for the money, but probably will not stay here again - too far from everything and not much more than basics.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Indonesia
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights and the Good things were:
- Affordable rate, considering the service and facilities
- Very clean room & toilet
- Very fast wifi (>5Mbps)
- Various breakfast meal
- Staffs were so welcoming
- My room(210) has sink, balcony, small dining table, hair dryer, microwave, large compartment for luggage & used clothes
- From svarnhabumi, you can take Praya Thai SRT then change to On-nut BTS, it costs only 84THB.

Minus things were:
- Wasn't that close from on-nut BTS, 7mins walk
- Water heater didn't work at all
- Need to take 9 stops to go to Siam, that's far

Regards,
@ayirlangga

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ayirlangga
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have reasons to suspect i have been bitten by bed bugs while staying for 10 days at this hotel. I researched my bites on my ankles and foot, and have come to the conclusion that it is indeed bedbug bites. I am back home now and I am about to wash everything on high heat. I also noticed that the housekeeping staff did not clean our floors or the shower...

I didnt get to notify the staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank catowg
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014

One of the main purposes of a hotel, is to provide a place to sleep. Unfortunately here they make that hard to do. Thai beds are hard, I might not like that fact, but I accept it. However I have now experienced at least half a dozen similar priced establishments within a mile of here, and the beds at Mind are extremely hard. This aside, the double bed was in fact 2 singles pushed together which gave a really hard ridge down the middle that woke me up when I rolled onto it. As a single traveler I pay the same for a room that a couple would. That is, it is always expensive. I expect for the money to get the consideration of the needs of a single traveller. I sleep in the middle of a bed however big or small it is, so cater for that need. I have paid for it! I am currently in another hotel, again with 2 singles pushed together, but they use a mattress topper to iron out the join and also the mattress is clearly designed for this use with no ridge, so it can be done.

I think someone else made the next complaint too. The light in the wardrobe never went off. This meant there was a constant stream of light from the cracks around the I'll fitting doors onto the bed, which did not make sleep easy. I reported it, but doubt if anything was done. Room 512 if anyone else gets the same prob.

The floors were dirty in the room and needed washing as they were textured laminate which cannot be kept clean merely by sweeping. The chrome bathroom fixtures were rusty,which is surprising for a new hotel. A friend who lives here commented that just be cause a building is new doesn't mean the fixtures are. Point taken, but this will always be construed as a lack of cleaning by many clientele. Management take note!

Reception had both good and bad points. Some staff looked like they had sucked a lemon, whilst others were all smiles. Check in was quick and efficient, but I have to say I was happy they overlook ed the fact that when I booked for 3 nights I also said that I might need a further 5 nights. I thought it was rude and very bad form not to check with me before booking the last room in the hotel to someone else. It was a 3 day public holiday for Songkran and I might not have been able to get alternative accommodation. As it happened The Green Bells, nearby proved to be a good move.

The roof top pool was a welcome place to watch the sun go down. However to describe it as a swimming pool is rather OTT. Plunge pool would be more accurate. Having said that, I worked out that the way to get a swim if no one else was in the way was to position yourself half way down the pool facing the strong water jets and then gently swim towards them. The resistance they gave meant I could keep swimming but not progress along the pool.

So all this is negative feedback, the one positive area was the restaurant. Both breakfast and dinner service was great, and the chef in the evening was so helpful and attentive . I have problems with 2 common additives in Thai food- msg and sugar. He was so concerned that he didn't want to make me Ill he went through all the ingredients with me. If I can review the restaurant seperatly, I will give it 5 stars.

Another plus point was the microwave in the room and the little balcony, even though in an urban setting you don't get nice views. For me the location was excellent as I wanted to be close to the BTS and near where friends lived in Onnut.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 2 April 2014

good place to stay in bangkok, when you read reviews saying its ages away from BTS don't listen, its a short 5 minute walk. Very comfortable, nice rooms. nice gym Only downside is the food, buffet breakfast is pretty dismal, and if you have to order the food stick to the thai food as the western food is pretty horredous, i spent 10 mins chewing a bit of chicken. @mind if your listening please improve your food!!

Thanks