“wonderful people, great place to enjoy bangkok”

Sabye Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #261 of 632 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“wonderful people, great place to enjoy bangkok”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Wonderful hotel and great/friendly staff who were very helpful and willing to help us figure things out. Clean rooms and good breakfast to start your day. Close to the centers and walking distance to many things.The beds were a bit hard.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed 2 nights in room 201 starting 17 Jan 2014. We walked to the hotel after being dropped off in Khao San Street. Located near a canal in an interesting area with great street food and lots of hip cafes sprinkled around, the hotel itself is pleasant and the staff welcoming and helpful. The bed was on the firm side and the bathroom adequate, while we didn't have much time to make use of the smarttv. We also had a balcony (but it overlooked a narrow, stagnant, littered waterway). We didn't choose the breakfast option, as there are plenty of little cafes offering breakfast nearby. The 1000 baht key deposit was a bit of a nuisance. Cost $AUD44 per night.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rajah_Luojie
Forli, Italy
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Nice place to stay for a tour in Bangkok, the staff is friendly and speaks a fluent english, the room where we stayed was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was very good. The location is also good, quiet and silent but at the same time very closed to Kaosan road where you can enjoy good meal and have fun.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Marseille, France
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I went in Thailand 4st times and i stayed in many hotel, budget and like this one, a bit more expensive than budget one
The welcoming is very profesionnal, it's just a detail and cost nothing but they offert you a welcome drink, and, even if it's nothing it makes a first good impression.
The people in charge of the hotel are extremly professionnal and very discreet.

The room is also a good surprise with a large and extra confortable bed, a flat screen tv (but i'm not sure you need it in a city like bangkok), and a little fridge. A simple but nice decoration and a large bathroom with a good shower.
The corridor going to the room is also nice with a sweet music and some pieces of nice decorations too.

Really quiet room on a small non busy street, wich is a hit when you are in jetlag!!!

Regarding the sitution, this hotel is more than well located, as far from the noisy and horrible kao san road, reachable by bus or taxi, in a part of the city wich seems the same for a long time.

We spend 4 nights in this charming hotel and we decided to book it again for the end of our trip, next week by email with Tejasen, who are also very kind.
I'm pretty sure it will be very nice again!!

Thanks!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank tanwasyn
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We suspect a 9-night stay was rewarded with an upgrade by the hotel. Nice! The room was double the size of other rooms and ever so roomy for spreading out. A nice long cushioned bench on the wall in our room meant suitcases could be off the floor and nicely opened for both of us – with not a bit of crowding. That was luxurious! The hotel is crafted from an interesting old factory building. We enjoyed art hung on the walls. The pleasant breakfast area is bordered with windows and greenery. A few more menu options for breakfast would have been welcome during our long stay, but most guests don’t stay that long. The owner and staff were pleasant and helpful. The hotel is located in a little neighborhood about a 15 min. walk north of the Khao San shopping street. We liked the quiet neighborhood and the pleasant walks we took to get to where the “action” was.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beth_Joe_VA
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I wasn't going to write a review because I loved the area as well as the girl at the from desk I felt as if I would have loved to take her back to the U.S. with me.
I am writing because I feel I owe it to my fellow travelers to advise the that $400.00 was stolen from my bag. At first when I advised the staff they said they knew their people but I told them that I was older than them and that it is sad but we cant swear to anyone. The man who I originally told was either the Manager or Owner didn't really seem to react at all. I told my nice lady in the front and she also said it couldn't be. No one wants to think they know someone who would steel. I spoke with my daughter on the phone and we both felt that there would be no point in calling the police because there would be no way of proving it. I also blame myself for leaving my bag unlocked. I was not use to the 12hour time difference and was a little out of it. Never the less I once left a diamond ring out in a motel and it was there even after the cleaning people came and left. I am extremely precise about my record keeping, wrote down every little penny to keep track. I had been in Bangkok less than a week, hotels paid from the States and no way without buying anything but food did I spend $600.00. Two I exchanged. Believe me that it was stolen no matter what anyone would say. Please be careful. Instead of staying the two extra days that I was adding to my stay at Sabye I of course checked out. The only people in my room were the ones who cleaned. The reason I gave even two stars was as I said I loved the girl at the desk and the area otherwise it deserved nothing. I felt a sort of peace because I have learned to accept what I cant change, sad though, very. By the way the hotel is misrepresented because as I have read before the city view is a cement wall and the lobby is shabby and the rooms are very small. I felt is was very overpriced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank 123susan456

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were staying there for 3 nights in Sept 2013. The room and the bathroom were really nice, well furnished, clean, tv, fridge, air con. We found the hotel too far from everything (sightseeing, stalls, transportation). The neighbourhood was ugly and it was very difficult to get somewhere without using tuk tuk or taxi. Better stay somewhere in the city centre. The price (1300 baht/night) is also too high for this location (you get get sth on Khan San or nearby for a half of it and with swimming pool).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple