“Great, great food.”

Paste Bangkok
Ranked #253 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Guiding Food Philosophy at Paste is to maintain a compact & focused menu. That strives for quality, attention to detail and is deeply linked to the natural terroir and produce of Thailand. The process begins with sourcing the best native produce in Thailand, often sourced direct from the grower, river beds and wild in forests. Paste avoids preservatives and chemicals wherever possible. Dishes are constructed by chef/owner Bee Satongun. Her menu is focused on the sophisticated interplay and balance of Thai flavors and textures. Which in-turn produces a dynamic result.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Jason, B, and their Team have made magic! Having done some research, I was guided to experience 'Paste' which was one of the best decisions I made whilst I was in Bangkok. Suffice to say, from the way that my reservation was attended to telephonically, right through to the end of the evening, everything was exceptional. Jason, the owner, is a raconteur of note, and if you get a chance to have a chat to him, do so!

Food is cutting-edge Thai, with an interesting Western influence coming through very subtly. Dishes change regularly, so not appropriate for me to go into detail about the current menu.

Most interesting bespoke cocktails. The Vodka Martini with fresh Ginger was a definite winner.

What struck me most, was the incredible selection of wines available. Not normally found in Bangkok.

A more detailed review will appear in a separate publication.

All in all, a wonderful dining out experience.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was looking for something different to take a couple of Kiwi friends for our last dinner before we left town so I thought of Paste. Took the Sky Train and then a cab to soi 49...

We were not disappointed.

Small,cozy and clean.

We began with:

- Grilled ocean king prawns, lemongrass, young ginger with kaffir lime juice, mandarin juice & crispy catfish

- Rich herb infused green curry with ocean garouper & wild king prawn dumplings

- Steamed wild seabass fillet with longan honey, fennel, turmeric & lemongrass ‘lon’ sauce

We moved onto the classic Master stock poached organic pork with avocado, red grapefruit, toasted sticky rice & local Thai flowers and a wonderful dish of Free Range Duck

The Wine selection was also well thought out. We chose a bottle of French Sauvignon blanc. It was Chilled just right, which was a pleasant surprise.

Cost was not outragous.

I would go back again and again.

Paste is a must for someone looking for a Thai experience a little bit different from the standard fare.

Overall the experience was Yummy Yummy Yummy

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Paste. First visit I thought it was something different from tradition Thai food. Something to talk about. Second visit we were the only ones in the restaurant besides a table of restaurant reviewers.
Food extremely salty and every dish so spicy we couldn't taste anything else. The chef/owner completely ignored us - in favour of a good review - and staff inattentive. The whole experience was very disappointing. Local customers from the basis of a restaurants longevity - don't ignore them

3  Thank Dibbbkk
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Innovative and tasty thai-fushion dishes. Though the food was slightly on the spicy side. Reasonably priced. Would have preferred a wider-choice menu.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

It is one of those places everyone is talking about and I had to go yet I will not return as I do not think it is worth all the hype. The food is expensive, good but the fusion and modern Thai elements in this case just do not do it for me and I do not see much creativity here. My pu nim (soft shell crab delicately deep fried in tempura) was totally ruined by a very lemony and spicy sauce fused with a bed of what I think was papaya salad (á la som tam). In fact, all the food we ordered came with some sort of som tam type salad. The beef cheek and spicy squid were delicious but not outstanding as I expected. The pork dumplings were boring and I could not figure out what taste the chef expected us to get. I only got chilly and ginger. The pork belly was just fat and fat (annoying paying 10 dollars for just four small pieces of fat on a bed of papaya salad and an extremely sweet sauce). The betel leaves with pomelo and a tiny prawns was an uninteresting and rather mean take on a usually very very tasty Thai pomelo salad. The restaurant scene in Bangkok is one of the most interesting in the world, restaurants come and go and some remain at the top for years. I cannot really see Paste lasting a long while unless they improve their unique selling point. The fusion and modern Thai cuisine do not work here.

3  Thank Harold B