“Taste paste”

Paste Bangkok
Ranked #273 of 10,918 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Guiding Food Philosophy at Paste is to maintain a compact & focused menu. That strives for quality, attention to detail and is deeply linked to the natural terroir and produce of Thailand. The process begins with sourcing the best native produce in Thailand, often sourced direct from the grower, river beds and wild in forests. Paste avoids preservatives and chemicals wherever possible. Dishes are constructed by chef/owner Bee Satongun. Her menu is focused on the sophisticated interplay and balance of Thai flavors and textures. Which in-turn produces a dynamic result.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Taste paste”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had dinner with 3 at Paste in May. The place looks good and the service is nice. I had the smoked sea bars which tastes excellent. It was really spicy though. I would recommend the chefs at Paste to explain in the menu that some things are really spicy, not all Western people can handle too spicy food that well and I would have been able to enjoy the refined taste of the dish better if it wasnt so spicy.

Though the food was good, in my opinion it was overpriced. We paid around EUR 80 for 2 starters, 3 maincourses 2 cocktails and a beer. In the Netherlands you easily pas EUR 125 for a dinner for two, but this is Bangkok. Overall we had a good meal in a nice place, but the price/quality could be more balanced.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Paris, France
“Great, great food.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Jason, B, and their Team have made magic! Having done some research, I was guided to experience 'Paste' which was one of the best decisions I made whilst I was in Bangkok. Suffice to say, from the way that my reservation was attended to telephonically, right through to the end of the evening, everything was exceptional. Jason, the owner, is a raconteur of note, and if you get a chance to have a chat to him, do so!

Food is cutting-edge Thai, with an interesting Western influence coming through very subtly. Dishes change regularly, so not appropriate for me to go into detail about the current menu.

Most interesting bespoke cocktails. The Vodka Martini with fresh Ginger was a definite winner.

What struck me most, was the incredible selection of wines available. Not normally found in Bangkok.

A more detailed review will appear in a separate publication.

All in all, a wonderful dining out experience.

Hong Kong, China
“Paste, Yip Yip Yip”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was looking for something different to take a couple of Kiwi friends for our last dinner before we left town so I thought of Paste. Took the Sky Train and then a cab to soi 49...

We were not disappointed.

Small,cozy and clean.

We began with:

- Grilled ocean king prawns, lemongrass, young ginger with kaffir lime juice, mandarin juice & crispy catfish

- Rich herb infused green curry with ocean garouper & wild king prawn dumplings

- Steamed wild seabass fillet with longan honey, fennel, turmeric & lemongrass ‘lon’ sauce

We moved onto the classic Master stock poached organic pork with avocado, red grapefruit, toasted sticky rice & local Thai flowers and a wonderful dish of Free Range Duck

The Wine selection was also well thought out. We chose a bottle of French Sauvignon blanc. It was Chilled just right, which was a pleasant surprise.

Cost was not outragous.

I would go back again and again.

Paste is a must for someone looking for a Thai experience a little bit different from the standard fare.

Overall the experience was Yummy Yummy Yummy

“Will never go back”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to Paste. First visit I thought it was something different from tradition Thai food. Something to talk about. Second visit we were the only ones in the restaurant besides a table of restaurant reviewers.
Food extremely salty and every dish so spicy we couldn't taste anything else. The chef/owner completely ignored us - in favour of a good review - and staff inattentive. The whole experience was very disappointing. Local customers from the basis of a restaurants longevity - don't ignore them

2 Thank Dibbbkk
Singapore, Singapore
“Decent thai-fushion cuisine”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Innovative and tasty thai-fushion dishes. Though the food was slightly on the spicy side. Reasonably priced. Would have preferred a wider-choice menu.

Visited April 2014