“lots of fun” 5 of 5 bubbles

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I went to this place today and had a lot of fun with my friend.
I was a bit concerned that being about the only westerner i might get a hard time from some of the locals but there's none of that here. Everyone is just having a nice time and enjoying a skate.
I was also worried they wouldn't have my size skates (13) and they didn't but the size 12's fitted perfectly.
I don't own any long pants or shirts so I thought it might get chilly but it was fine in shorts and a t-shirt actually. Just after the walk past the cinema next door you can feel the cold from the rink and when watching in the viewing area it's very cold. I thought I would be shivering in half hour but actually once you get out there and skating it's not cold at all.
I didn't have any socks and they don't seem to have a rule that you need to wear them to use the skates. I considered skating and not using socks but am so glad I opted to buy a pair as when the 2 hour session (330 baht) was over the skates were warm and smelly and clearly had a lot of other users sweat inside. The socks are 50 baht from reception and not bad quality.
I found it odd that there was nowhere to keep a bag. Maybe they have lockers or something but they certainly wern't obvious or anything. I didn't have a bag but my friend did and she had to leave it unnatended in the small area where everyone sits.
they also have a bar that serves alchohol which is nice but i didn't go in. Also there is a shop where you can buy stuff like skates. I saw them around 10-20000 baht i think. 16000 if im not mistaken.
the staff were genrally friendly the reception chick was a bit cold. they guy handing out skates was very nice and the staff on the ice were genrally good as well. i saw them helping some girl with a sprained ankle.
i think for 330 baht for a 2hour session the price is very reasonable. they also have day passes for 800.
overall it was a lot of fun and i plan on going a lot more often now that i have been once.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank nak_lang

• Thai first
Solna, Sweden
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Funny :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

It was very fun but the ice was to wet so it was hard to stay up on the ice... recommend to go there just to try

Visited March 2013