“Great value”

iCheck Inn Silom
Ranked #214 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
“Great value”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for three nights while in Bangkok. While the hotel isn't in the center of the city, it's only a short walk to the BTS (5-10 min depending on your speed) and the pier to catch water taxis. We easily spent a day seeing wats and the palace, as well as Chatuchak, and went to the riverside market. The room is a good size, clean, comfortable bed and linens. The Internet worked great. No complaints or problems with the room. Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Staff were amazing
Hotel lobby is very charming
Hotel is spotless
Great value for money
Rooms are very nice, bed was super comfortable
Shower was warm, but could have been warmer, but I like hot showers no matter where I live
2 bottles of water every day in room
Complimentary tea and coffee and hot chocolate in lobby
Mini bar in room
Complimentary soap, shampoo
You can take DVDs and a DVD player up to your room free of charge if you like. What a great service!
The only thing I would have liked was if they would have softer pillows. I am used to down, so my neck was quite sore. The last night I just used a bunched up towel and my neck was fine the next morning.
Note:
Across the street and up a bit is a lebanese restaurant named Nadimos. Go there! The food is wonderful.
Dean & Deluca is up near the MRT station. Go there too! It's costly but the food is really good. Scones & NY cheesecake.
I can't help it! I'm a foodie!! ;-)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights. This is my second time in Bangkok and the first time staying at iCheck Inn Silom. My first impression when I stepped in the hotel was like "Wow". We really like the ambience and simple-yet-nice lobby. We went to the front desk and was entertained by one young lady with a tag 'trainee' on her green shirt. She did well as a trainee. In fact, she did more. She spoke a very good English and was very helpful. She gave a proper direction by pointing on the map she gave to me as a gift.

The room is clean and very convenient. It has a free wifi access. You can either surf in the room or at the lobby. Maybe because of my room is at the far end of the walkway that makes my iPhone didn't really get the connection. So I have to go to the lobby to surf the Internet. But my friend's Blackberry got clear coverage in the room.

The hotel is located at Soi Silom 28 or Silom Road 28. It's not too close to the Skytrain. It's either you go to Surasak Station or Sala Daeng Station. It's a 15-mins walk. For those who love sight-seeing and do some exercises before getting to the station, this hotel is really recommended.

I may come again next time and stay at this hotel again. Oh yes, before I forget. I really love the hot chocolate they provide at the lobby. It's free and 24-hours.

Thanks to all staff at iCheck Inn. Till we meet again next time!! Terima Kasih from Kuala Lumpur

• Stayed September 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed in this hotel a few times during our trip, since we stopped there after our visit to the islands & to Laos.

The place is located in one of the "Soi" (alley) of Silom. The part of Silom which the hotel is located is rather quiet and private, and many things are just nearby in walking distance. If you don't walk there's the sky train not far away, or you can just take a taxi - which won't be much at all. There's also a VERY nice & cheap Thai restaurant on the corner of the Soi & Silom itself.

The hotel is very modern and everything there was just perfectly working out as it should. We wouldn't call it fancy, but on the other hand the price you pay for it is relatively very low.
Internet connection was good (there's also a good Desktop in the lobby), and they have a nice automatic coffee & hot cocoa machine (for free).

The service was really tip top. Every request was efficiently taken care of (the English level of the staff was quiet reasonable), and they allowed us to keep our luggage in their luggage room for almost 2 weeks while we were travelling around - for no extra charge.

After visiting Bangkok all in all for almost a week, our conclusion is that the hotel location, quality & cost is really ideal, so if we're ever back we will for sure go back there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Murcia, Spain
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This small hotel is tucked way in a small soi in Silom. It is easily accessed via the sky train at Chong Nonsi though you may need a taxi to get you to the hotel.
First impressions are very good with very friendly and attentive staff who offered drinks which were available in reception 24x7.
The booking process was very efficient but a deposit for drinks was asked for but declined.
This inside the room was very spacious but without a view, just a wall which for me was not a problem.
The bed was very large and comfortable but inside the room was the wash hand basin which was a small downside.
The bathroom was very good and all was very clean and tidy
Nicely situated and friendly hotel

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I would stay here again. There are 2 reasons I gave the hotel 4 stars and not 5:
* No hot water. I know Bangkok is HOT, but after every shower I was shivering. It was weird because the water from the sink would get hot just fine. Maybe it was just our shower.
* Wifi was very weak in our room. I had to go to a friend's room or to the lobby. Again, this only happened to our room which happened to be in the dead end corner.

Apart from that I had a pleasant 4-night stay. Room was very new and clean, complimentary coffee and hot chocolate (Loved it!!), friendly staff, good location. Would stay again

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cpresident
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I would surely stay here again.

The gals at the front desk were extremely helpful. Any time we had a question about where to go, how to get there, etc, they would kindly give advice, provide maps and directions, and even call the destination if we had any questions. They really helped keep us on the right path.

The rooms were modern and what we needed. Nothing overly done, but nice enough to feel comfortable in. The reason for the 1-star deduction is that we did have a few issues with the room when we arrived. The shower drain was very slow to drain, there was a large stain on the rug, and what looked like minor ink marks on the bed cover. The staff took care of everything right away, but I must be honest about them occuring. Still, nothing to detract from the trip.

All in all, it is a nice place with modern details, helpful staff, and a good location.