“Clean, well lcated, GREAT staff!”
Review of iCheck Inn Silom

iCheck Inn Silom
Ranked #233 of 884 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My husband and I (late 20s) stayed at iCheckinn Silom for 4 nights. This is a nice small hotel with rather nice. But the highlight of this place are the kind and dedicated staff. We had a couple of problems with our tailor and Nin did everything she possibly could to help us out. So here's a big thank you to Nin for her dedication and kindness :)
The hotel is located in Silom area. We did not want to stay in an area where all tourist stay. We wanted to be somewhere close to the real dad to day Bangkok life and Silom have us exactly that. The hotel is located within a 10-15 minutes walk to the "Oriental" taxi boat station and a BTS (sky train) station and trust me these are two things you want to be close to in Bangkok no matter where you choose to stay. We would walk every morning to taxi boat station and get on the boat with the orange flag for 15 BHT (!!!! I.e. Extremely cheap!!!). There are many different kinds of boat coming and going. The one of interest is the one with the orange flag, which in my opinion is an awesome experience all by itself :)
The only one thing about the hotel is that there is no phone in the room. Obviously, many other options available, so no big deal...
Overall, we had a very good experience in iCheckin Silom and would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We staying at iCheck Inn early November and it was a perfect first stop on our South East Asia tour. Silom is a nice area with easy access to the Skytrain, taxi's and boats.

The iCheck inn staff were very helpful and friendly. We felt very comfortable during our stay with a big air conditioned room, flatscreen tv and clean shower. There is a 7/11 just a few doors to the right on the main road so visit that and save yourself a few thousand baht by not raiding the minibar in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frank m
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel was great. I stayed for 7 nights in Aug. 2013. The staff was amazingly friendly. The room was great. Comfortable bed, so much so in fact... one of the mornings, I just lazed around in bed an extra few hours before my sightseeing for the day. Rooms were also very clean and well decorated and bright. I didn't have the hot water issues others have mentioned, the shower and bathroom worked fine. In fact, my only (very minor) problem was that there was no phone in the room. I had to make a few phone calls and wound up having to Skype from my cell phone, but I was able to use that on wi-fi. I just found it a little strange.

As for the location, I initially was not pleased with how far it was to the MRT stops, but....once I figured out the walk, it wasn't so bad. There is a cute little group of shops just across the main road, that has a Starbucks, and some art galleries. Also, nearby there are some great restaurants. I really enjoyed exploring the area near the hotel. There aren't a lot of nightlife spots nearby, but things were open late enough. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A little tricky finding this place tucked at the back of a corridor off of Silom Road, but once you do you're greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are very clean, modern, Ikea-esque. Wi-fi works great.

There's no breakfast, but in a city full of incredible food, it's probably a good thing to get out on the streets to find eats.

One big issue I had with this place is the lack of sound-proofing on the doors. I shouldn't be able to hear the guy in the room across the hall shaving and showering, but I could. Doors closing, housekeeping cleaning and pins dropping are constant and annoying. Hopefully they do something to fix this problem because if they do, it's one of the best deals in a town full of great deals.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on an empty floor to avoid the noise of others.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank P K
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in September 2013 both at the beginning and end of my tour of 4 countries. All of the staff were very kind and friendly, especially the young lady who is pregnant. Most of them spoke English very well and that was very helpful. They even watched my luggage for me and upgraded me to another room when I mentioned that the shower was lukewarm. They tried to fix it but even in the other room, the water temperature was not to my liking. I would have preferred it be nice and hot but it was not to be. Having said that, everything else was wonderful. I wish I had taken advantage of the DVD offer because the English television selections were sparse and it would have helped to relax me after a loooong day exploring. I liked the location and right outside you can have your watch batteries replaced for less than 2 bucks compared to outrageously expensive places in the US. There is a 7/11 and a mini mall right down the street. A tuk tuk driver charged me 100 baht the first day I arrived (roughly 3 USDs) even though I surmised it should have been one third of that, but believe me I could not have found the hotel on my own - walking on those wobbly sidewalks, in the heat, pulling my luggage, carrying a backpack and trying to cross those treacherous streets. I was glad to pay, even though he pretended he didnt know where 28 Silom Road was. Initially, the tuk tuk driver spoke English, then decided he did not. After driving me around for about one hour, I guess it finally dawned on him that since the price was set, he was losing money on me by not being able to get another potential fare. He stopped several times and pretended to ask for directions and I could tell he was insincere because I gave him the map and even I knew the general direction. It was just down the road from the subway exit with no turns at all. Even I had figured that out!! But, I was still glad to pay and thrilled when the dangerous ride ended. I was frankly scared to death the way he was driving and then came to a screeching, grinding metal stop as we nearly crashed. I closed my eyes but did not scream. At one point, he even gesticulated that I should exit the tuk tuk, make a left and right turn but I refused to leave and indicated to him that he must drive me. He did...eventually. He even had the audacity to kiss my hand after I exited and paid the fare!l It is a long walk to the BTS or MTR mainly because u have to cross perilous streets and I would wait for a local before I would dare cross! The night market was interesting and the food stalls on side roads were fabulous even though no English was spoken. I was surprised to see a bar/nightclub at the night market that featured scantily clad women dancing on top of tables. Hmmm, I am wondering if it was a front for prostitution. The hotel offered complimentary coffee/hot chocolate in the lobby and the coffee was fabulous. I took the ceramic cup they had in the room and mixed the two together. Yum! Getting around was easy using the subway and I always felt safe in all areas of town. The room was very clean and they offered nice perks like free bottled water, soap, shampoo et cetera. The staff helped with directions and could not have been nicer. I liked the free computer in the lobby too. I always left my key with staff when exploring and check out was easy. They even arranged a taxi to the airport for 400 baht. Who knows what I would have paid if the driver had used the meter? It took almost an hour to get to the airport with little traffic. It was 0300 hours and my flight departed at 0600 Hrs. The room was very clean and spacious. Housekeeping was great and while there is no breakfast, food is not a problem in this area. The hotel is located in a dodgy looking alley but it is completely safe and there is security. I loved the fact that I was there during the rainy season. One word of advice dont buy that cheap little raincoat the vendors sell. If u can, get the thicker one. I bought two and both of them ripped badly even before I took them out of the package. Shopping is great in this area if that is ur thing, but it is easy to navigate to other places too. If I return to Bangkok, I will stay here again. You cant beat it for price, staff courtesy and liveliness of the area. There is also a Seashell Museum close by that is worth taking a look. It is about 200 baht I think. The free snake farm is also close by and it was OK. I saw staff bring in the caged, live, large, white bunnies and it was a bit disconcerting but I know that the reptiles must eat and the bunnies are not an endangered species. It was just a little difficult knowing their fate. I also ate at a nearby Chinese buffet restaurant and the portions were huge. It is custom ordered for 400 baht including drink. Everyone at this hotel were most kind, helpful and helped make this a most enjoyable vacation. Thank you!

Room Tip: Check out the shower but I have a feeling there is no hot water, only warm. This is not really a pro...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Stayed here for three nights while in Bangkok. While the hotel isn't in the center of the city, it's only a short walk to the BTS (5-10 min depending on your speed) and the pier to catch water taxis. We easily spent a day seeing wats and the palace, as well as Chatuchak, and went to the riverside market. The room is a good size, clean, comfortable bed and linens. The Internet worked great. No complaints or problems with the room. Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Staff were amazing
Hotel lobby is very charming
Hotel is spotless
Great value for money
Rooms are very nice, bed was super comfortable
Shower was warm, but could have been warmer, but I like hot showers no matter where I live
2 bottles of water every day in room
Complimentary tea and coffee and hot chocolate in lobby
Mini bar in room
Complimentary soap, shampoo
You can take DVDs and a DVD player up to your room free of charge if you like. What a great service!
The only thing I would have liked was if they would have softer pillows. I am used to down, so my neck was quite sore. The last night I just used a bunched up towel and my neck was fine the next morning.
Note:
Across the street and up a bit is a lebanese restaurant named Nadimos. Go there! The food is wonderful.
Dean & Deluca is up near the MRT station. Go there too! It's costly but the food is really good. Scones & NY cheesecake.
I can't help it! I'm a foodie!! ;-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends