“nice place nice staff nice atmosphere”
Review of Siamaze Hostel

Siamaze Hostel
Ranked #4 of 1,213 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
“nice place nice staff nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Our first hostel in thailand, and really satisfied. The hostel id really clean, in a quiet area with a staff really helpfull.
spent 3 nights here, close to the train and the city...
really happy for making this choise

ps: if u need a cab from kao san road to the hostel, its 200baths, not more!.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We opted to get a private room for our stay in this hostel and never looked back. It's very modern and clean which is great for the price we paid for. Whenever I search for hostels now I always compare it to Siamaze, and I think I never found a similar place still. I cannot believe this is just a hostel.

I love that its very youthful, it makes me feel that I'm at home and not in a foreign country.

PROS:
*Free breakfast - simple but i'm not complaining
*huge private rooms with a veranda

CONS
*location - its quite far from Chao Phraya, Khao San

But dont let the location falter your resolution to stay here. It wasn't a problem to us at all. I love walking back to the hostel. I just wish its nearer to tourist spots, but at the same time I love the location, there are alot of establishments in the area with its own charm.

If you ask me if I'd stay here again I'd definitely would in a heartbeat.

Stayed June 2014
Hong kong
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Everything is good,only the location is not so close to the centre,but easy to reach MRT.Staffs are so friendly,good facilities,rooms are very clean,nice atmosphere !Highly recommend!!Definitely would stay again .

• Stayed July 2014
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Maybe a little far from old town, but very easy to reach with subway. (Most hostels close to old town are as old as the tempels and dirty as the brothels .) Laid back atmosphere, helpful staff.
Everything is quite new.

• Stayed July 2014
London
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Siamaze is simply the best hostel we have ever stayed at! The staff were friendly (and a special thank you to May for looking after us so well!); the facilities exceptional; and everything was immaculately clean and tidy. If ever we are back in Bangkok we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank SarahH42
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Pui and the staff there are amazing. The place is very clean and the customer service is great. They were able to answer every single question I had and even offer advice on where to go. They remembered what I was up to and recommended things during my stay. It's probably one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. I was in the ladies' dorm, which is quiet but located a little far from the bathroom. The little curtains, lights and plug-in next to the bed were very convenient. Everything seems brand new. The beds, blankets and pillows are super comfy and nice. I didn't know there was a free breakfast until 11:00 am which was a nice surprise. The lockers located right next to the beds are really convenient. It's a little confusing right out of the subway, you have to walk down a ways on a huge street right out the exit down to a small side street and walk abit after that. The directions on their website were perfect though. The hostel is near a Super Valu which was good and far from the super touristy, busy areas which is nice. I really highly recommend this place! My only complaint is that it didn't seem like the bathroom was cleaned every day, but it wasn't really dirty. It's convenient if you want to spend a day at Chatuchak Market, which is on the same subway line and under 30 bht away.

Room Tip: The ladies' dorm is great if you want to sleep and more respectful roommates.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

If you look for a clean and quite place to stay, choose Siamaze. The dorms are very tidy and comfortable, with nice beds and lockers with electricity inside (bring your own padlock). The shared bathroom is spacious and always kept clean. Breakfast is basic, but ok: toast with marmalade and banana's. The shared area is nicely decorated and comfy. Only disadvantage of this hostel is the nearby canal, which smells like an open sewage (which it actually is...) and which is especially noticable on the ground floor. But you may get used to it. I did, anyway. With the nearby metroline (take exit 4) it is about 15 mins to the main train station. Be aware that the traffic in the centre part of town is terrible: from the main train station any touristic location in the centre may take at least 30 mins. But that is Bangkok...every day in the city I have been wondering why the metroline doens't continue to the Grand Palace.

• Stayed August 2014