“Completely disappointed”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: A place to indulge in the relishing of original and outstanding cocktails while savoring delicious Mediterranean-inspired cuisine very reasonably priced, Gossip Gastro Bar represents today’s best-kept secret in the Bangkok social scene.Opportunely located in close proximity to the metropolis’ most happening block, Gossip benefits from its discreet position at the quiet end of Thonglor Soi 15, right behind J Avenue. It’s the perfect spot to enjoy a chat and laugh with friends in a lively, authentic and no-fuss joint. Hipsters and socialites appreciate both the intimacy and relaxing setting of this Gastro Bar with character, while also knowing that only a 2-minute walk can bring them to the bustling neighboring nightclubs.
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I went here with friends for a New Year's Eve dinner. I would love to give this place a great review but the service will not allow that. The location, decor and food were all awesome. I liked the vibe and the menu provided something for everyone but our service was mind numbingly slow! Our cocktails took 15 minutes, we wanted to order a bottle of wine after our cocktails so we asked for the wine list then no one came over to take our order for 20 more minutes. Our food took about 2 hours to come out. I understand that they were busy with take out due to the holiday but the neglect was obvious. To top it off, we had two vegetarians in the group so we asked to make sure specific dishes had no meat and when we received one of them there were chunks of pork in it. I would not recommend this place.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The food is really of very high quality. I guess the french chef who works here makes a difference.
Cocktails are innovative and great and sitting in the bar and ordering cocktails entitles you to a small buffet for free which is really good!
Music by DJ is great too and the area rocks!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Ok. Gossip is definitely kind of hidden but it's near to all the big clubs like LVLs, and such. The Bar is awesome thats for sure. I'm not sure how, but the bartender knew exactly the perfect drinks for my friend and I. We both had two drinks each. They were amazing. I don't usually enjoy alcohol but these drinks were amazing. Definitely let the bartender pick for you and also, the owner was really nice to us and recommended some clubs around town and also gave us a business card to visit his other place.

I'd definitely recommend for the drinks alone. It's a great place to chill before a night out or to before you call it a night. The prices are fair and the drink portions are generous. Definitely check it out. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Attended Gossip's Spanish themed Saturday night last weekend and had a lovely time. They had a dj spinning, tapas on the house and sangria specials. I tried their potent sangria and a very pleasant cocktail, the 'Aurelia.' Their tapas were pretty good considering they were complimentary. The atmosphere was lively and I would gladly go back and experience their other themed nights. Apparently Thursday is Ladies night - buy one get one free cocktails!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I define an average rating to be an enjoyable experience but would not visit again. That's how I feel about Gossip Gastro Bar in Thonglor which is sort of a combination between Wine Republic and Oskar restaurants; except the food here is not that great compared with the other places.

The lamb kabob, crab appetizer, and stuffed squid with risotto all lack seasoning. And the sangria tastes positively gross. Even the chocolate fondant tasted weird. About the only thing worth writing home about was the crab ravioli which I must say was absolutely delicious and worth visiting this place by itself.

This place tries really hard to please with an unusual and creative atmosphere. The service is also very polite and charming; except the delivery of food is so slow here and the place wasn't that busy. Also, the tables are small and the chairs are incredibly uncomfortable and need a pillow for the tushy.

The prices are reasonable here which is a positive.

All in all, it was a bearable experience which just earns an average rating at best.