“Very disappointing”

Ranked #813 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I wrote a letter of complaint....but never received the courtesy of a reply.
We had to change rooms as the air conditioning didn't work.
Despite confirming that the facilities were open and booking our dinner at the roof garden (Sky View) we were consistently let down. Sky View was closed (we had booked in especially for this and checked that it would be open - there was no rain that evening) we begrudgingly accepted this and made our way to the Sky Lounge....it was closed for no apparent reason. The only other place to go was the Sky of Love....a very dimly lit restaurant - our main course choices were not available and there was no dessert on offer whatsoever....apparently sold out!!! There was a problem paying the bill as our waiter did not tell us that there was a surcharge for using a debit card....he was most put-out and let us know in no uncertain terms. He told me that he was not allowed to give me the refund slip for my transaction.....so I had to ask the manager for it. On the plus side, the food was ok although the dishes were small portions. There is no doorman so you can expect to struggle with luggage and you'll need a can-opener to fit your luggage into the rooms. Oh, and the free wifi didn't work :(

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank StuartLReview

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Stayed at Skydome between 5th to 8th July.

The hotel is newly opened. 3 and half months according to front desk. I selected this hotel because it was close to Fashion Island Mall, which I need to be for two of the days.

Like the title said, the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. There are no food nearby. No spas. No massage. I didn't even see any 7-eleven within 1 km range.

The room is quite ok. Smallish but clean. It has a spanking new flat screen TV but no cable, only local channel.

When asked about spa or massage in the hotel, first receptionist told me yes. A while later when I ask for location of the spa, another staff told me its still under construction. And later a front office lady told me there isn't a spa in the hotel. when asked about food nearby, they told me only at the hotel's Sky Lounge.

The breakfast buffet has very limited choices. The choices remain unchanged daily. So on the last day, I decided to check out early and treat myself to a decent breakfast in the airport. It's that bad.

In summery, I would most definitely stay at other hotel in future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Bangkok hotels
101 Holiday Suites
Chatuchak
Iyarin @ Tuk Chang Hotel
Iyarin @ Tuk Chang Hotel
#592 of 862 in Bangkok

Been to Sky Dome Resotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sky Dome Resotel

Property: Sky Dome Resotel
Address: 114 Prasert-Manukitah Road, Chorakhe Bua, Lad Phrao, Bangkok 10230, Thailand
Region: Thailand > Bangkok
Bar / Lounge Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #813 of 862 Hotels in Bangkok
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Sky Dome Resotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sky Dome Resotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.