Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor
Ranked #26 of 1,158 Speciality Lodging in Bangkok
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed during the period 17 october 2013 up to 22 October 2013 in 2 ned room apartment
Every things good in this hotel except during check in we arrived at 3 pm and our room not ready and we wait up to 5 pm we were tired from long trip and I have 2 children although we arrived in check in time but the room is not ready which make me upset.
However I recommend this hotel

nicw hotel evry things goes well except

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Omar A
BKKMS_Marriott, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Omar A,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor and I do apologize for the inconvenience cause in regard the room delay to check-in. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel. These issues are taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.

We are look forward to welcoming you back on your future trips.

Gerrit Graef

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the Marriott in Bangkok in September.
I arrived early (around 8:30 am) and was checked in without any problems,
the lady who checked me in was terrific and must have been poached from
one of the very top hotels in BKK.
Great room, loved the wooden floors, bathroom, view.
I did have issues with the slight smell in the room, believe that they are experiencing problems with
their drains. The new room was perfect though and I look forward to staying here again.
Negative points.....had a hamburger at their 57? Bar and it was pretty bad, then had a Club Sandwich, this was probably the worst Club I have ever eaten, soggy undertoasted bread, etc etc
Just awful....service was average with staff not really fluent in English. They had a nasty "buffet" on
offer together with their generous Happy Hour for wine offering. The buffet was a waste of time and mean sprited...wonder if they really thought that one through?

The F&B Manager of this section needs to focus his/her attention to this outlet and be force fed their Club Sandwich...this could be a lovely place in Thonglor.
Why not put some thinking and effort into this prime location?

Excellent concierge, also their smallish Coffee Shop was nice. Good gym, excellent elevators.

All in all a great experience (if u stay away from the ground floor restaurant/bar).

BTW, had dinner at their Steak House, really enjoyed it, great service, good food.

Will stay here when in BKK next.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
BKKMS_Marriott, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear starfighter56,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

I would like to thank you very much for your great feedback on TripAdvisor and I am very sorry that you face the problem with a hamburger at club sandwich. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel and we will consider for future action. I would like to assure you that these issues are taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.

We would love to have you back with us on your future trip hopefully very soon.

Taichung, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Although the hotel is newly opened and there was some confusion on my reservation, the service manager responded quickly and friendly. The room was fabulous, and beds were comfortable, as well as plenty of space. We ate in the 57th street restaurant where the service and food were awesome. The dessert was one of the best. The staff were fantastic, helpful and rooms kept spotless. Special thanks to the service manager, Maria, you made our trip! I will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Gerrit G, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Dear Stephenkuan,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and my team especially Ms. Mari was able to provide a memorable experience during your stay.

We would love to have you back with us on your future trip hopefully very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Marriott Executive Apartment is worth to stay. The location is super closed to the BTS station. The one bedroom apartment is big with nice view. The service is nice but just a minor comments on the front desk staffs, the girls have a bit attitude. All the hotel facilitlies are brand new. Overall, it is a 5 stars hotel and again Marriott will never disappointed me. I will definately stay in to this hotel again and again....

Gerrit G, General Manager at Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Tez0922,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the hotel location, room size, nice view and hotel facilities.

And I am very sorry to hear your comment about the level of service from the front desk staff. I would like to assure you that this issue is taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.

We are look forward to welcoming you on your future trips to the hotel hopefully very soon.

Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

In the main we are Marriott Brand advocates but our experience at Marriott Thong Lor has tainted that - we recently had a woeful experience at the Octave open air bar - from inexperienced staff, dirty cutlery and dirty glasses through to warm white wine being served and undercooked food - we did point out to management whilst on site and in writing - in return we had a junior representative from the f&b team come back with vague excuses - when challenged they gave up corresponding altogether ! Not a good taste in the mouth Marriott

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alina2012Bangkok
Dear Alina2012Bangkok,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor and I do apologize in regard the level of service, cleanliness and food quality at Octave. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel and I regret that this was the case. I would like to assure you that this issue raised by yourself was taken very seriously and the necessary and corrective measures have been extended.

Please give us another chance to prove that we do much better than now hopefully very soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

It's my 6th day of a 7 day stay. 3rd room. Upon check in my room was not available. So I was given a tiny room in the hotel portion of the building. Awoken at 8 or 9 A.M. to the sound of construction drills in the room above me. They eventually set of my rooms fire alarm. I was moved to an apartment later that day. It smelled. Woke up at 8 am to the smell of raw sewage/ammonia pouring out of the drains. It was horrific. My nose burned, my throat was irritated and the smell was similar to standing over a steaming hot sewage grate on the street. Moved to another room around 3 pm. Very tired. Haven't slept well...Everything is fine aside from the slight smell of a NYC public toilet. The stench seems to peak in the AM. It's my 6th day. Woke up to construction around 10-11 am. Finally stopped around 1. Decided to go back to sleep to try and catch up on some sleep around 3 JUST as the construction started up again. Room service ranges from exceptional to disgusting and inedible. I asked the front desk if they could comp me anything for my trouble. I was offered "Free Breakfast" in the lobby cafe. I really wanted to like this hotel but it's obvious that the construction was severely botched and the engineer behind the plumbing might as well have majored as a McDonalds fry cook. I wanted to stay for a month but I will be changing hotels. Seriously...free breakfast in the lobby cafe is all they offered for all the garbage I've had to put up with?

Room Tip: Higher floors have less sewage stink.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Squeeby S
Dear Squeeby S,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Please allow me to unreservedly apologize for any dissatisfaction you felt during your recent visit to our property. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel and I regret that this was the case.

Regarding to the smell interfere and the noisy from construction have been resolved and we wish to get your chance to try on our service again hopefully very soon.

Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Review Marriott Executive apartments Thong Lo 9/10
Room no 1915 from 2013-07-27 to 30th and room 1602 from 30th to 31st, no breakfast, non-smoking. Price: 75 USD per night, (yes this was a special offer.)
This is an excellent newly built hotel! The beds are exclusively cushy, however the bed in 9015 was too soft (which is rare in Thailand), but the bed in 1602 was perfect. The hotel and rooms are impeccably clean, the hotel staff is forthcoming and polite, with good English. No inner or outer disturbances, as the rooms are well isolated. (We did have a false fire alarm lasting 7 secs on a Monday morning though. Somebody pressed the wrong button I guess…).
The shower has excellent water pressure and warm water. The dual thermostat/AC made us able to have a slightly more chilled bedroom, as we like it. The security box is ok, though a bit on the small side. The TV has BBC, CNN and plenty of other English channels. The Electrolux washing machine and dryer did wonders for our dirty laundry. The kitchen and stove are totally usable with nice silver ware and plates. We didn’t cook though, as cooking for yourself in Thailand would be hubris.
We changed rooms because room 9015 smells like cigarette smoke, as someone in the hotel staff would smoke near the air intake, early in the morning and late at night! Therefore I wouldn’t recommend room 1915 to anyone. Room 1602 did not have this problem.
The hotel has an excellent gym and the sauna gives a lovely roast. Finnish people would love this! The pool is very good and long enough for anyone wanting to practice swimming in it.
The hotel has excellent location, very close to Thong Lo BTS. There’s also a Seven Eleven store very close by. Emporium and Gateway are just 1 station away (BTS). MBK/Siam Paragon is 6 stations away (BTS).
For anyone new to Bangkok I would recommend the Skytrain BTS as the best way of getting around, due to heavy traffic at most times and every day. I’ve had many moments in taxis cursing over why I didn’t take the BTS. Taking a taxi in Bangkok is doable at night time, but not recommended in daytime traffic.
The internet/Wi-Fi is slow!! I measured it to 3.51/0,4 Mbit/s by Bredbandskollen.se
The Wi-Fi is actually faster than the in room cabled so called “high speed” internet (0,99/0,28 Mbit/s)
Interesting about Marriot is that their Wi-Fi comes at a price, 670 THB for 24 hrs! Or, you can always join Marriott Rewards club for free and get Wi-Fi for free, but only for one device per room. Considering that the slow Wi-Fi that comes at a price, I’m lowering my rating substantially for this hotel. My point being that if they want to charge me for it, it should be a lot better than what I can get for a cup of coffee at Starbucks….Also staying at their Executive apartments would imply business for most people, at which the speed and quality of their Wi-Fi is totally unacceptable.
We didn’t dine in, so I can’t say anything about the hotels 2 restaurants, but the Skybar serves an excellent Thai Mojito.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn’t care about using the internet. We would likely come back to this otherwise wonderful hotel, should they fix this flaw.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mats_of_Sweden
Dear Mats_of_Sweden,

Warm Greeting from Marriott Executive Apartment Bangkok, Sukhumvit Thonglor!

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your great feedback in regards the room condition, room facilities, room cleanliness, great service from our staff, excellence water temperature and good hotel location.

And I am very sorry to hear that you have face the problem with the smell and Internet Wifi. This is certainly not how we wish our guests to feel. I would like to assure you that these issues are taken very seriously and corrective measures are in process.