“Gloriously comfortable”

Ranked #139 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Gloriously comfortable”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We are still actually in the hotel. My room is huge with a big whirlpool bath. We have a balcony with a view over the city we have air con and we have a mini bar. We also have a swimming pool on the roof. Wow there are no cleaning issues in this hotel so I don't see what people are worried about. We have asked to stay for an extra half day as we have a very late flight tomorrow. Lucky us! The staff are all very nice and smiling. What a great place.

• Stayed December 2013
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Dear Value Guest

Great review and thank you for all of the wonderful details which help us serve our guests even better.Thank you for taking the time to do so. I am happy you had a wonderful stay and I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Paisit Lojanakarn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend in November for 2 nights. It was our first stop on our trip to Thailand and we really enjoyed it.
The staff were really friendly, and as we'd emailed ahead to tell them we would be arriving very early in the day, they had our room ready for early check in which was great after a long flight.

The room was very nice and clean and there was a glass division with roll down blinds between the bathroom and the main room unlike those other reviewers have stayed in.

The pool area was nice and great to relax at with a bar providing basic drinks. The view isn't the best but the hotel is in the middle of Bangkok. it does get he sun if you want to sunbathe.

There was a large selection for breakfast with Asian & European food

Location wise this place was perfect. Less than a 10 minute walk to khao san road and a short tuk tuk ride to all the sights.

Beware, do not trust the tuk tuk drivers that hang about just outside the hotel, they try to take you to places you don't want to go.

There is a 7 Eleven and a few quiet bars right outside the hotel too

Room Tip: We had a room in the inner courtyard, but a front facing one would be better i think
1 Thank 1984KD
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Belfast

Thank you for choosing to stay at Chillax Resort Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very happy to read your comments also my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of you kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet you needs.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chillax Resort Bangkok in the near future.

Best regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked a 2 night stay here- direct on their website.

On arrival the check in area resembled a maze of confusion with people everywhere and staff seemingly struggling to find paper work etc I was informed room type booked was unavailable- so we were 'upgraded' although difference of room types were not explained and it isn't clear on their website what the difference is.

It should be noted the bell hop staff are very welcoming and helpful (and speak excellent english)

Rooms come with a whirlpool bath, which is spacious (for 2) and is relaxing after a day out. Although the bedroom area of the room is rather small.

The room is appointed with a large screen tv and DVD player, FREE WiFi is included as well.

Although considering the price of circa $100 USD, the room itself won't exceed your expectations.

Breakfast is included in the rate- which was a buffet style. After reading other reviews on the 2nd morning I requested scrambled eggs which were provided (thumbs up)

The only disappointment was the housekeeping service, we left the light on for about 3 hours while we were out, and when we returned it wasn't completed. After speaking with reception and going out again- the maids serviced the room to the standard of an 8 year old child. Robes were not hung properly, rubbish wasn't cleared, towels were just dumped in the bathroom, complimentary water wasn't replaced, just unacceptable for a hotel costing $100 USD. I spoke with the reception lady (who was extremely nice) and she spoke to them again but clearly the Housekeeping staff think they run the hotel.

The staff encountered across the hotel including restaurant, front desk, bell hops and security were all extremely pleasant and welcoming.

When I left for the airport they arranged a 'metered' taxi, but once inside the driver drove off without putting on the meter and demanded 500 baht to the airport. The driver told me the hotel is his friends and he always charges everyone 500 baht. Just make sure the hotel staff get the driver to start the meter BEFORE he drives out of the hotel.

1 Thank Cameron S
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Cameron

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us. I would like to reiterate my apologies if you were left to feel in anyway disappointed with our room maid. I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies.

Bangkok
Reviewed 9 December 2013

In fact, I did not want to say this. I agree with all the comments saying that this hotel is pretty and I like the design of this place. And most impressive The balcony is very dirty as if it had never been cleaned. And the cleaning staff poorly.I got out of the room for about almost 4 hours and informed the staff that clean the rooms. But that is also found tissue paper, waste paper, plastic beer bottle in the same place. It seemed did not clean. My boyfriend had to tell the receptionist that. Room was not clean After that, we waited nearly 1 hour. Returned to the room, everything remains the same.My boyfriend has told the receptionist again. The receptionist asked the cleaning staff. They told us that a smooth and clean. But I agree with what they are not!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear K. Panicha

bimingham
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights last week. I agree with the other recent reviews. The rooms are nice and the huge Jacuzzi is lovely but I like my bathroom separated by at least a wall - not just a shower curtain - and we've been married 30 years!!
Great location for Khoa San road and some good restaurants nearby.
The biggest gripe we had was the lack of/conflicting information about what was happening with the demonstrations. There are 2 'tourist advisors' and even they couldn't agree. Also think that the level of English should be higher given the level of English speaking tourists.
Having said all of that I would definitely stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Go for the Jacuzzi rooms
1 Thank lebodyguard
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Value Geust

Thank you for sharing your comments I understand you mentioned and I am sorry that parts of your experience were less than perfect. We take great pride in our location as we are situated in the good area of the old city but unfortunately that we have got conflicting close by.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest regards,
Phuket
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights, and found our short stay more than enjoyable. The location is suberb, all major tourist attractions are close by.
The staff were very good, however a few need to learn English to serve in a hospitality market.
Our room was very nice and cleaned thoroughly. I'm not sure on the design of it. I found it off putting going to the toilet since there is no wall separating it and the bedroom. Jacuzzi was a great touch though. It kept my wife and kid busy for ages. Only 1 negative
Our child was dissapointed that the pool was out of order. I think the added way to much chlorine. The water went all green.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Chris R
Dear Chris

Thank you for choosing to stay at Chillax Resort Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. While I am very pleased to read your comments. Also I would like to extend my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with our swimming pool.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcomeing you back.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This was my first hotel of several during a couple of weeks in Thailand. It's a nice, modern hotel in a fantastic location. I LOVED the huge jacuzzi bath after a long flight, the bed was comfy, good air conditioning, well stocked mini bar, lovely rooftop pool and good location (close to Khao San and also some great restaurants around - can't recommend May Kaidee's literally at the end of the road for vegetarians enough!!). Also felt very safe here as a lone female traveller. No real negatives as such - check out was a little slow and it was a little impersonal but there wasn't anything hugely negative!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank sofic88
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Value Guest

I am very pleased to learn of your positive comment after your stay with us at Chillax Resort Bangkok. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel surrounding.

Once again, thank you for stay at the Chillax Resort Bangkok. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Paisit Lojanajarn