“Great location and rooms”
Review of Chillax Resort

Chillax Resort
Ranked #142 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great location and rooms”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Spent our first night in Bangkok here and was not disappointed! Rooms are amazing with a great shower and friendly, helpful staff.

Location is great being only a 10 minute walk to Kao San Road (the main night out /traveller road)

Bit expensive but if it's your first night travelling or just looking for a bit of luxery with a great location in Bangkok the Chillax is well worth a try.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Connor H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Slanic Moldova, Romania
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here June 2013 and again last month. We love that they have a jacuzzi in the room! If you want to visit Khao San Road but have the best sleep away from the noise and relax with the most comfy beds and spacious room, then Chillax is for you.

2 Thank Geninna
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We used Chillax at the start and end of our holiday in Thailand, staying a total of 5 nights. The hotel is amazing! It is a short walk away from the bustling backpacker area, Khao San Road and yet tucked away at the end of a little alley, which meant it was quiet and comfortable. All the staff are extremely friendly and always greeted us with big smiles. They were also helpful when we needed to directions or advice, and helped us book travel to other cities.

We stayed in a basic double room with two single beds. Our room was spotless and perhaps one of the comfiest beds we slept in on our travels. The rooftop pool is a great place to unwind and relax. They also had free WiFi although why you get multiple logins was beyond me.

They were also very accommodating when we needed to check in early and had our room ready within an hour (we arrived at the hotel at 9am). We also left our bags with them every time we checked out, which gave us the freedom to move around and pick them up later.

I'd also recommend the restaurant on the corner (think it was called Cozy House) which served excellent food. We also went for a massage around the corner based on the recommendation of the staff at the hotel, which turned out to the best place even after we'd tried a massage at every city we visited.

Would definitely go back in future!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TashaM83
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel is fantastic ! It's clean, air conditioned and just fantastic . The staff couldn't be more helpful if they tried. I just have one little complaint. We had a one night stay on the way to the airport. On the morning we were leaving we got up early for breakfast - and whilst at breakfast the staff went into our room to check what we had used from the minibar - then whilst I was still eating breakfast they came through to ask me to pay my bill ! I just think they could of checked the room after I had got my possessions out and finished breakfast. It seemed very pushy

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andrea H
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Andrea

Thank you for choosing to stay at Chillax Resort Bangkok and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. while I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to exten my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed and I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to corect any deficiencies.

I trust we will have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Eco-Oregonian
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We read about the attentive, smiling people of Thailand and we were not disappointed here. Every morning and every evening we were greeted by warm, genuine smiles. How often are you greeted with, "How did you sleep last night?"

We were immensely impressed with the front desk staff and concierge. They eagerly and efficiently look care of every request for assistance in planning our day and were interested in how we spent each of our seven days.

The spa is basic (a room with a massage table) but the massage expert was amazing ( I get a lot of massages so I can compare). The pool area provides fantastic views of the city but get there early as there are limited seats.

The only critical thing I would mention is that both the room towels and pool towels are thread-bear. They need to be replaced. Secondly, it was a real inconvenience to have to log into the hotel wifi each and every time we wanted online.

This hotel is close to the ferry system (stop #13) which makes jumping on the river taxi very quick and easy.

Hint: the small restaurant on the corner from the hotel has Belgium beers (yum!) and great food; it was a good place to wind down when the pool at the hotel was full.

We booked through Agoda (dont do it!). If you forget to fill in the blank for 2 occupancy on their website (they ASSUME a single traveler per room - who does that?) the hotel "dings" you for an extra person charge. This happened to us several times AND to other we met on our 6-week tour.

1 Thank hikergirl500
Dear Value guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Chillax Resort Bangkok.

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us and I am also very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and massage and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognitions of their efforts to meet your needs.

I do hope to have the opportunity to wecome you back to the Chillax Resort Bangkok in the near future.

Best regards,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great place to stay after our Chiang Mai trek- clean rooms, air-con, great shower (although be careful, water sneaks around the edge of the tub onto the floor as past reviewers have stated), bed is super comfy. The hotel is a bit tucked away, but all tuk tuk drivers know where it is, and is in a good location; it's pretty easy to get around from the hotel. Left too early to try the restaurant, but the staff had take away breakfast ready for us to go when we left early a.m., which was tasty. Hung out at the pool/patio during the day which is a nice set up, but not big. Be warned, the pool was not very clean when we were there. Staff is super-friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Paisit L, General Manager at Chillax Resort, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Value guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Chillax Resort Bangkok. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, service and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of our kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Chillax Resort Bangkok in the near future.

Best regards,
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 7 May 2014

It was not air condition in elevator, or other floors than the first. 1st room was a bit basic in a way, so we changed and got a better one facing the front. The pool area was a bit cramped. Had to pay 1000 baht deposit for electronic key.

1 Thank Connoisseur79