“Chef with passion ”

The Corner
Ranked #215 of 10,703 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Sathorn
Description: The corner is located in the heart of the city, in a famous expat area in sathorn Soi 1. You will find a full list of breakfast (all day), and homemade Sandwiches, as well as freshly made mediterranean cuisine, and all Thai delights. You will also find a great selection of fresh juices and an excellent coffee. Indoor/ Outdoor, free wifi, great vibe! The corner also offers rooms at a very reasonable price.
“Chef with passion ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Read about this chef on Facebook and just by the pictures you could tell this guy loves cooking and loves food. So I took my Thai partner and the Chef greeted us and recommended a Thai fusion dish for my partner and I was feeling like pasta and he recommend the home made beef lasagna. I was hesitant as I was thinking of something more exotic. We both we're surprised as the dishes were amazing. Fresh tuna gra pro - to quote my a Thai partner "this white guy really knows how to cook thai" :)...I wiped the plate with my lasagna - perfectly cooked with a little bit of a French flair. I returned and tried the breakfast - fresh yummy baguettes, homemade sausages and awesome filtered coffee. It's a little bit out of the way but if your in that neck of the woods do yourself a favour and check this place out - you won't be disappointed. Oh and the prices are very reasonable.

Earthnsun, Owner at The Corner, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hi "Crumlin",

We would like to thank you for visiting us and taking the time to comment about our restaurant.
We are extremely happy to know that you had a good experience @ The Corner, and will be delighted to welcome you again any time soon.

Best wishes,

The Management

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Ensure You Aren't in a Hurry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is the fourth time I've been to this restaurant. Its a quaint little restaurant featuring, Thai and International cuisine at great prices. The drinks are cheap and cheerful and the service personnel are friendly and funny.

Only issue is they seem to be short staffed in the kitchen and meals take a long time to come out. That's ok if you are expecting it , but if with a group of kids it can be a bit tiresome.

I'll save this restaurant for nights when I want to hang out for a few hours and not be in and out.

• Visited January 2014
“American Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

After over five weeks on the road with mixed food experiences, I was craving a quiet Sunday morning American breakfast. Good bacon, check! Good bread, check. Good eggs, check. Good butter and jam, check and check. Good potatoes and mushrooms, check and check. The restaurant is right by my apartment so I definitely plan to come back and try another menu item. Perfect quiet Sunday morning!

Seoul, South Korea
“Fantastic little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

A cute, open-air place with great breakfast and dining options. The atmosphere is relaxed and pleasant, and the service is warm and friendly.

My partner and I had breakfast here, and we were amazed at the attention to detail. The sunny side up eggs were cooked perfectly, and the breakfast came with great French press coffee. We came back many times and enjoyed every one.

On our last night in Bangkok, we had dinner there, and enjoyed it tremendously. We had the Mediterranean platter and a pizza, and everything was delightful. The hummus, falafel, and baba ganoush were perfect. (They were fresh and authentic enough that they made me nostalgic of my trips to the Middle East.) The pizza was handmade, with a delicious thin crust.The tiramisu for dessert was perfect, not too sweet like it should be, with creamy mascarpone.

Highly recommended, and a spot I'll surely visit again.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Triseult
Earthnsun, Owner at The Corner, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Triseult,

All our team would like to thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.
We are very please that you enjoyed and appreciate our food and service.
We are looking forward to welcome you any time soon @ "The Corner".
Best wishes
“Great Atmosphere in a Relaxed Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

my husband & I stopped by for an early lunch/late breakfast on a particularly lazy day and we were pleasantly surprised to find this wonderful little bistro in our own neighbourhood. The food was fantastic, the wine was great & the prices were very reasonable. I was thrilled to find that all of the ingredients are fresh & organic wherever possible and the freshness comes through in their great dishes. We really took our time & never felt rushed, in fact we both felt encouraged to stay as long as we liked to sip wine or drink coffee & watch the world go by. We'll be sure to stop by for breakfast and I have a feeling This will now be my new favorite local cafe.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jeanne A
Earthnsun, Owner at The Corner, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Jeanne,

We are very please that you enjoyed and appreciate our food and service.
We are looking forward to welcome you any time soon @ "The Corner".
Best wishes