“The perfect place to stay.”
Review of W Home Bangkok

W Home Bangkok
Ranked #5 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Now, I've travelled quite a bit but I have never stayed in a place as wonderful as this. Pook and Nui welcomed us with a drink, gave us change so we could pay our taxi driver and helped us plan our 2 days in Bangkok.

Breakfast at this place is truly amazing - we were served delicious Thai food for breakfast which we never dared have had, had we stayed at a 5star "order your own food" - hotel. I would never dream of having a rice dish first thing in the morning, but I did here, and I loved it! And it came with local sweet treats, yum juice and fresh fruit ( I got to know and love the mangosteen and dragon fruit here, and when I was curious about them, Nui showed me the wikipidea entry and pictures of the fruit as a whole).

We opted for a room with a shared bathroom/shower, and were amazed that it had just been cleaned anytime we used it. It seemed that, whenever the bathroom was used, someone would go in there and fold the toilet paper straight away.

There's a computer anyone can use, so I got to check out and upload my photos. Also, there's free wifi and free drinking water.

Nui drove us out to the main street everytime we were heading off for new adventures. And he showed us where to get great Pad Thai (for about 50 cents) and great Chinese soup (which we took home and had in the peace of our new home).

From W Home, the ride into the city centre is lovely and super cheap if you take the Chao Praya boats and when you arrive back at the pier at the end of the day you can get a beautifully painful/ worthwhile half hour massage for less than three Euros before you go on the 5 min walk home.

The taxi that was organised for us was on time (pre-airport panic avoided) and reasonably priced.

I am sure that unless I go back, I will never stay in a place as amazing as W Home again. Pook and Nui know what their guests want and give them a home in crazy Bangkok. I want to thank them so much for that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kati C

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Pook and Nui welcomed us as old friends. We instantly felt at home. As we couldn't get a train ticket to our next destination, Pook suggested several options and arranged a flight for us. Moreover she gave us a lot of useful information what to do and where to go. We were given a lift to the mainstreet by Nui and Pook whenever we needed it. They even arranged a visit at a local school and took us there. The rooms are small but very clean and cosy. We were served a delicious typical Thai breakfast and every wish was fullfilled. If we ever come to Bangkok again we will stay at W Home. We can really recommend it to everybody who seeks to stay at a hotel with an individual touch!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank JuSnei
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

This guesthouse is a unique experience that no other big hotel can provide, even 5 stars hotels,
We feel like at home with 2 generous persons, Pook and Nui, who are doing their best for you to feel comfortable,
The breakfast was different every morning, in a thai style food that was excellent, a real discover and enchantment, prepared by Pook,
We also had a dinner with our guest and we learned how to prepare the famous "pappaya thai salad" that was the best we tried during our long trip in thailand ,
There was the world cup soccer competition and Nui installed a big TV screen on the patio exceptionally for us at the evening, so our kids could enjoy the match,
The location of this guesthouse was perfect as we were looking a place with locals thai people, local lifestyle.
Every days Nui drove us with his "puk-puk" to the main street, near the chao praya river, so we could take the bus or the boat to visit.
I could only recommend you to stay in this little gem, you'll remember all your life !

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Wunderli
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our stay started with being ripped off by the taxi driver who tried to convince up he was there the day before and we were not. He tried charging us 130$ US. My husband got him down to $30 and we told Pook about it. She called the cab about it and ensured that we wouldn't have to pay for our cab ride back to the airport. We didn't have to pay for our ride back. Pook and her husband were more than helpful. W Home is absolutely wonderful. The place is so clean. I can't even begin to describe how great the breakfast was. We took photographs of every breakfast. Pook even offered me a native meal during the middle of the day. W Home is clean, quiet, a little of the beaten path, and absolutely perfect for your stay in Bangkok. Thank you so much Pook!

Room Tip: One of the rooms is downstairs by the reception. This wasn't a problem for us however if you are...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcy1980
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Everything you read here about this B&B is true! No.1 in all of Bangkok.

What can I add, the owners are fantastic. People who are taking a star off because the room is small need to get a grip, they know this before booking.

We stayed on 31st Dec 2013, I just want to say think you to the owners, love from Mark and Keira from Ireland. ขอขอบคุณคุณ

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZenStarry
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

W Home was one of the highlights of my visit to Bangkok because of Pook, Nui and all the staff's excellent service. They really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and assist you with whatever you need. The breakfast is excellent, the bed is very comfy, water is strong, toiletries are provided and wifi connection is excellent! Nui always drove me to the main road every morning! Their place is on the riverside area very close to the Chao Phraya river which made it easier for me to explore the city (via Chao Phraya River Express). When in Bangkok I highly encourage you to stay at W Home!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ynna Mirzi S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Excellent service! Only negative point is that the room was a bit small and bathroom not en-suite. Breakfasts were a highlight every morning with the best Thai cuisine. We were treated like family and received only the best info and assistance on what to see and places to visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel