“The charming evening of Bangkok besides Chao Praya River”

Sala Rattanakosin Eatery And Bar
Ranked #76 of 10,774 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: International, Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Banglamphu
Description: sala rattanakosin restaurant and bar, is a scenic, riverfront dining option, overlooking the legendary Chao Phraya River and the mystical temple of dawn. sala rattanakosin Bangkok also features the roof, this rooftop bar and terrace in Bangkok provides idyllic riverfront setting to relax with a cold beverage at the end of a wonderful sightseeing day. At sala rattanakosin, we make sure that guests will have a memorable experience as they enjoy our wine bar and restaurant in Bangkok.
Ao Nang, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The charming evening of Bangkok besides Chao Praya River”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Sala Rattanakosin Restaurant is one of a fabulous place to dine in Bangkok. The restaurant located just beside the Chao Praya River, which allows us to see the golden historical temple across the River. There are two zone of the seating areas, open air and air condition space. The best time to dine is in the evening till the night because you can enjoy two different atmospheres of the area. When the sun is set, the sky start to get dark, we can see the beautiful golden light from the temple and capture the moment with your people. There also offering the fusion authentic Thai cuisine to match with the circumstance. However, the service may be a little bit slow because the restaurant is quite crowed in late evening of the weekend. The raining day is not recommended to go as well because the parking is across the soi of the restaurant and you cannot sit in the open space area to enjoy the smell of Chao Praya River.

• Visited June 2014

• Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
“Dinner With Mum”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Recently my mother came to Thailand to visit me on holiday, she has been many times before and as I work for Marriott she is quite spoilt in a nice way :) this time I wanted to do something different so took her to Sala Rattanakosin looking over the river and Wat Arun.
the setting was amazing, best in BKK for sure, nestled in the old part of town on the river the place oozes culture and has a wonderful ambiance.
the food we exceptional, I was expecting hotel standard food and we were very happy to find the food was to the very highest level, they use local products with a fusion twist and every dish was unique and an explosion of the taste buds, the Khao Soy was as good as Chaing Mai and my mums pork bellie was the best she had ever eaten which is quite a statement.
The service was with a smile and to be honest it was our best dining experience during her whole holiday, we asked to thank the chef as we were so impressed and out came Chef Tony Wrigley who was as eloquent as his food was delicious.
I would highly recommend this as our best dining experience in BKK in years, well done, looking forward to when she comes on holiday again and taking her back to try another dish, my only complaint is that I got too full to try more.
Sean Panton, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility,
JW Marriott Phuket Resort and Spa & Marriott Thailand

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sean P
Bangkok, Thailand
“A must on your list of Bangkok dining venues!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We have been here twice now and cannot recommend enough. The view of Wat Arun (Temple of Dawn) is stunning and is my favourite temple in Bangkok. To sit here and take in the view at any time, day or night is just incredible.

The food is just so so good! We met the Chef as the end of our meal and were really impressed with his passion and love for the local flavours he creates. A few of our favourite dishes were for entree were the pastry shells with pork and the betel leaves with shrimp (cannot recall the thai names) the soft shell crab and the massaman are also fabulous.

For me as an Australian living in Bangkok, wandering around the temples is of course lovely, though this for me is the best way to enjoy the surroundings. We tell any visitors we have they have to dine here as there are not many places that have this view but also the quality of food to go with it.

I would suggest to make a reservation, outside is a nice choice as the evenings are a perfect temperature. The service is excellent and the prices are very reasonable.

They have a roof top bar, so would suggest to come before your dinner reservation and enjoy the sunset. Love the Lychee martinis.

We will definitely be back again soon!

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For whom who want a memorable dinner in Bangkok”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

If u have chance to visit Bangkok, i recommend u to come to this place.
First is before u come here u should call to get the "reservation" and ask for the "best" table, my suggestion is the "front river" that they have just 2 tables at the 1st floor and another is the one which locate at in front of the big window on the 2nd floor that u can see all the Chaophraya river's view. ( i got this table ^_^)

About the food : if u want to try Thai food don't forget to order "Tom Yum Kung" : Hot and sour Thai famous soup. I think Sala Rattanakosin food's taste is the real Thai cuisine style.

So Just Call and ask for the table i've said and Believe me
"it will be your most memorable dinner in Bangkok " !!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“One of the most spectacular restaurants in Bangkok”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here twice now and both times the view was breath taking.
Set on the river (Chao Phraya), this restaurant over looks a spectacular view of the Temple of the Dawn (Wat Arun).
The food is authentic Thai and is as amazing as the views although for Bangkok pricing is in the medium to high end (note for Aussies though not even close to expensive)
From the roof top bar you can also see the Grand Palace as well as the Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho).
I would thoroughly recommend anyone to visit this restaurant both for the views and the fantastic food.
No need to really even mention how good the renovation is to the old building it is in.
One thing though there is pretty much no parking so take a taxi or even better a Tuk Tuk and come via the night flower market for an even better experience.