“Fantastic value and facilities”

Marsi Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #475 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
“Fantastic value and facilities”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My father booked me into the Marsi as he lives in the condo next door. Check in was a breeze, my room was spotless. Each day my room was cleaned and replenished with fresh towels, clean sheets, bottled water and shampoo etc. the staff were friendly and welcoming. Opening the door for me, wishing me a good day and carrying my bags. I was located close to the BTS and never had trouble flagging a taxi. There is a 7/11 next door and you are in walking distance of a fantastic wine bar and Italian restaurant. When I return next year I'll definitely book Marsi again. A fantastic price converting to just over $40 AUD a night for me.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank LucyCrossley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
LED
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The worst experience I've had in Bangkok so far. Terrible staff. Cheap guesthouse standard of accommodation and service.

The location is not very convenient - about 7-10 minutes walk away from Punnawithi BTS station, no tuk-tuk service, which most 4* hotels in Bangkok provide. A few restaurants, Starbucks and Tops supermarket near Punnawithi BTS; 7/11 in the hotel building. No restaurant at the hotel, no laundry service, no gym, no swimming pool.

The hotel is new, but the rooms are already beginning to look worn because of the cheap furniture. Water pressure of the 7th floor was very weak. Air-conditioning was also weak and noisy. The bed was not comfortable: cheap guesthouse blanket, which was too short, and cheap hard pillows.

The worst thing about the hotel was the 'service'. Staff speaks next to no English, completely unprofessional and unhelpful. I made a booking for 2 weeks, and after just 2 days was asked to change rooms without any explanation. Cleaning service was a joke, too: I would be away all morning, and would find my room as I'd left it when I would come back. The maid would then come and ask if I wanted it cleaned. When I was checking out, my deposit was not returned to me: I paid a deposit of THB500 twice for each week of my stay, and was only given half of that back because they had no records of me paying twice. I also paid THB200 for late check-out in advance, and was asked to pay again upon check-out. Since the staff didn't speak English and didn't know how to work with the computer/kept no records, it was really hard to explain the situation to them. It took so long, I was nearly left for my flight, and still didn't get my deposit back. I think, that's actually called stealing?...

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel. It's far from the center, unwelcoming and sub-standard in every way. It's not expensive for a 4* (I paid the promotional rate), but you get very little value for your money. Such unprofessional establishments do not deserve your business in a city as competitive as Bangkok. Stay elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank 6thSymphony
Udon Thani, Thailand
Reviewed 16 July 2013

excellent clean rooms, quite large with bench around one side of the room, no restaurant, laundry nearby, 7-11 just steps away, a bit far from downtown but close to bts punnawitthi station, very enjoyable, staffs english is poor to modate but helpful all the same, paid promotional rate coz the hotel just opened a week before i stayed there (paid 1250 baht, normal rate at 2500 baht seems costly even for this 4 star hotel), fridges not stocked but 7-11 so close, wifi was always strong, the hallways a little hot and stuffy once you exit your suite, the safe in the room was a blessing, overall very enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend it for a comfortable stay in bangkok.

Room Tip: i saw two rooms and they were essentially the same, seems all roms may have similar design. ask to s...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Brian B
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We got moved here when our first chaotic hotel (@Mind) was overbooked, and I'm actually really happy about it. This property is gorgeous! Huge, beautiful room, soft bed, desk, giant bathroom, awesome shower.... we were really, Really pleasantly surprised. No restaurant yet but there is food around, and there is a HUGE 7-11 next door. Go to the icecream place Sorbetto up the way (the back art of all the glass structures halfway between the hotel and the main road); they're really sweet and the ice cream is unbelievably good.

I was quite happy to have been introduced to this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank QiDoctor
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were moved to this hotel when another hotel (where we had booked) overbooked. They moved us to this hotel (Marsi). We weren't thrilled as we had planned to stay at the other hotel but it turned out for the better. The room was gigantic and perfectly designed. There was a nice balcony. The bathroom and shower were gorgeous. The bed was comfortable. We have stayed in nearly 60 hotels in the past six months of traveling and this was surely one of the best hotels. They are expanding (another building) where they will have a pool and a full restaurant. It will surely be the perfect place for visitors to Bangkok. The BTS is a reasonable 7 - 10 minute walk. There is a 7-11 in the same building as the hotel. Nice restaurants around. Can't say enough...

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BJ G
Bangkok
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed one night, the place is brand new, the rooms are real nicely designed with a sofa, almost all facilities required. The colors are done very tasteful in earth colors, price i paid was 1250.-THB.

If Sukhumvit 101/1 is not to far away from downtown this hotel will be fine price and quality is well balanced, it though need a good restaurant to move above the present 4 starts which is entirely give for the price.

So Location is the only question if someone is visiting Bitec for a show it as good as it gets, Soi 101/1 offers a good local life, with street food. Among Bangkok best kept secrets is the Italian Restaurant down the road which is perfectly priced for top quality Italian food.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank IT-Michael
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
The Park 9, A Living Serviced Residence
#9 of 15 in Samut Prakan
Wanmai Herb Garden
Wanmai Herb Garden
#348 of 1,211 in Bangkok

Been to Marsi Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!