“Tæt på fremragende”

The Berkeley Hotel Pratunam
Ranked #219 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was greeted with a smile and welcomed. Everyone was smiling and seemed happy, big and small. we felt really welcome from the first minute. The room was clean and nice, and the service top notch.the location is perfect, you have everything around you, the hotel is very beautiful, and the breakfast is superb and there is almost everything hjeret desires. The service was top notch. However, I would point out 3 things, fruit could be better, and the fridge did not work particularly well, and toothbrush, shampoo, etc., should be better for the price you deliver a deluxe corner suite on the 32 floor. otherwise excellent. 4 1/2 Star from me and my wife.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 June 2014

we stayed here 3 nights and the most important thing was.... the rooms were very quit... you could not hear no neighbours... great in a busy city like BKK. The service was friendly and professional. nice pool with towels...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sabine L
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a good hotel that's really value for money. We spent S$130 for a triple room (a premier double + extra bed in the North tower) with breakfast for 3 persons. And another premier double room for 2 adults and a child (11 years old) without extra bed at S$93 (includes breakfast for 2 only).

On checking in at 1 pm (check-in time is supposed to be 3 pm), the reception kindly told us that they'd give my 11-year-old an extra bed without extra charge. And I only needed to pay 230 bat (TA's spell checker is really odd because they won't allow me to spell some non-English words correctly as I'm typing this!!!) for my child's buffet breakfast. We got our room keys in 10 minutes and went to put our bags in the room, and left the hotel for shopping.

When we got back after dinner, the extra beds and pillows were already in place.

After breakfast in the morning, we checked with the reception if we could have late checkout. They gave us till 1 pm instead of the usual 12 pm. That was better than nothing.

In the reception lobby, there's free water and fruit punch for guests to help themselves. There was absolutely no need to buy bottles of mineral water while staying in this hotel.

The buffet breakfast is excellent. They sure have got good cooks. The Indian curry is good, and so are the Chinese dishes.

2  Thank hissyfit
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Heard from my cousin said it's a new hotel and decided to stayed in the hotel for 4 days 3 nights at the main tower. However the service is not what I expected.

+Plus point
+ walking distance to Central World, Platinum Fashion Mall, Big C supermarket
+ street stalls directly outside the hotel (clothings and accessories)
+ 7-11 is nearby the hotel
+ nice food across the road (Kaiton chicken rice) and as well as the street foods just directly outside the hotel
+ hotel room is huge and the bed is very comfortable to sleep after long day of walking
+ hotel is connected to Palladium Shopping Centre through the lobby
+ wide variety of buffet breakfast (western and asian)

- Minus Point
- mini-bar is not working well
- flooding with waters in the bathroom after showering from the shower stall
- poor selection of tv channels, mainly in thai
- security is not tighten up as people can just access to the lobby and guest lift from the side door connect to Palladium Shopping Centre
- WIFI not strong, I have to used different passwords to gain access in different area

Overall, not that bad but need more improvement. The receptionist, Rat, is nice enough to extend my late check out until 3pm for 2 rooms and another will check out at 12noon whereas her colleague only extend to 1pm for all rooms.

2  Thank Alvinseow
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This is a luxury hotel on a grand scale. If you walk past the tailors on the 11th floor, it's well worth browsing the two swimming pools, spa retreat, conferencing facilities and sport bar which are all on the same floor.

I really fancied sushi, they have a Japanese restaurant on the 10th floor.

I did leave the complex though and the nearby high-end shopping malls contrast really nicely against the street-food and market stands that line the streets.

My room was spotless, the shower forceful and hot, the bed was bouncy. All in all, this is a great place on a grand scale.

Perfect for monsoon season as you don't even have to leave to enter the mall next door.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank BritBackPack
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the Main Tower of this hotel for 3 nights in early May. When we tried to check in at 2.15pm, we were told the room wasn't ready (Official check-in time was 3pm but they could have been more flexible). As this hotel is still quite new, many taxi drivers do not know how to go or where it is located. It will be good if you can print out a map or the hotel's name in Thai to show to the taxi drivers. The skytrain station is very far away if you have plans to use it during your trip. The hotel lobby is connected to Palladium Shopping Centre which has nothing much to offer, but we didn't mind this as it means that the place was less crowded and rowdy. Everyday, we had to use the overhead bridge to cross over to the Pratunam wholesale market/Platinum for shopping.
The room was clean and nice, and the bed was large and comfortable. There was a folding door on the wall of the bathroom which we could open and look into the sleeping area. There was a pool at the 7th floor and my 3-year old son had a lot of fun there. The selection of food during breakfast was good and the staff were very friendly. During the night, the area outside Palladium transforms into a night market where you could buy customized t-shirts, leather items and many other stuff. We would definitely stay here again if we visit Bangkok again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high level at the Main Tower overlooking the pool. It will have an unblocked vie...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I decided to stay at The Berkeley for mainly it's close proximities for high end and bargain shopping. It is also amidst the great variety and buzzing street food. On our first leg of our Thailand trip we stayed inthe North Wing ( I call it the forgotten wing). It is cheaper to stay in compared to the luxury main wing. Yes, you need to take two separate lifts to get there, however that's no issue as you walk everywhere in BKK. However, the rooms are huge! But it does lack the fine finishes ie the tiles on the bathroom sink are not entirely complete or perfect. The hallway in the north wing are not airconditioned. Hence I call it the forgotten wing. Breakfast was wonderful. Lots of varieties ranging from America, Asian (Thai, Indian, Indonesian and Japanese) food. Great tasting and definitely worth purchasing with your room online.
On our return to BKK, I chose to stay in the Main Wing (known as the luxury wing where you only need one lift to your floor). Absolutely worth the little extra more! Such a contrast to the north wing. The room was gorgeous, carefully decorated and made to feel more luxurious. Bathroom and bedroom is large and very comfortable. Hallways are airconditioned! I'd recommend the main wing, for that little extra, it's way ahead in terms of value. I'd definitely return to the Berkeley. Staying in the main wing of course, ask for the high floor. The view is worth it. The foyer had a lovely pianist playing whilst you enjoy a lovely cocktail and do some people watching. The only issue was the plumbing in our bathroom. After a shower the water on the bathroom floor flooded with excess water to another area of the bathroom. Quite a minor issue but one that management needs to look at. Please also note: if you decide to ask concierge at the hotel front for a taxi, ensure that you FIRMLY state to the guy at the hotel you want a "metered taxi". They will try and pass a taxi that's waiting nearby that are not metered and are associated with them for commission purpose. However if you state firmly, only metered taxi, they will fetch for you. They just want to see whether you would know or not. But quite helpful but be firm. Taxi metered in bkk is cheap, never take one that isn't running its meter. Going to airport, please remember to do the same. They tried to get me a non metered taxi for 500 baht and I refused. So they had to hail down a metered one for me. Total to Suvarnabhumi airport was 250 baht on metered taxi. Be firm and confident and you will be right. Enjoy BKK, we were there between 4 June to 14 June 2014. Peaceful and no protest in sight where we were.

Room Tip: High floor in main wing for your convenience
6  Thank Ulive2travel