“Quality indian food”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Good taste ,good service
but need thai staff to communicate with thai people that not good in english.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My visit to Thailand was memorable with regards to everything except food. Being a vegetarian was not helping either. But I guess God took a pity and after searching for an authentic Indian restaurant in Bangkok, I decided to visit Masala Mantra. Though it took some time to reach there but once there you realise its worth taking all the trouble. The kind of ambience, food, staff and the owners itself were exceptional. They had a variety of vegetarian as well as non vegetarian dishes. I relished the vegetarian stuff and my wife loved the non vegetarian food. It was as good and authentic as any you can get in India.The paneer dishes, the dals, mixed vegetables and to top it all the chats and golgappas were mouth watering. The polite staff and the hygiene were awesome. As compared to other eateries in Bangkok, the prices are reasonable. Would recommend everyone to visit this place especially if you are an Indian. Its home away from home.

1  Thank s_bhupesh
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Lovely food..... Actually it was incredible. Jinga Masala and Murg Malai kabab was simply awesome.. I still have the taste in my mouth... The best thing about this restaurant is the 3rd floor the bar section.... excellent music and one of the best sheesha... :-)
I will be back there soon again and will recommend this restaurant to all I know.

2  Thank Johnsethi
Reviewed 14 September 2013

WARNING: Do not ever eat at this restaurant! I came in because of a sign outside advertising with "Set Lunch 200 Baht". When I was seated the waiter came with the menu that to me seemed extremely overpriced, so I asked for the set lunch menu. The waiter claimed that it was only for two persons and as I was single it would not be possible. I asked whether he could make a deal for me, expecting that it might cost me a bit more than 200 Baht, but certainly not more than 400 Baht (2 persons x 200). He suggested a small mixed barbecue and a chop suey. I agreed. The food came. The meat was awful, at least from yesterday and most likely much older, cold, dry and uneatable. The chop suey was fried noodles with sugar and tomato. And then the bill came: 985 Baht. For this you could have had a meal one of the really good restaurants in Bangkok. It is a pity that you cannot give restaurants negative stars. This should have one - or the only one eligible of reviewing this place is the police.

4  Thank mikael.bjerrum
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I had a Non veg Set meal and have to admit, was pleasantly surprised, since almost every item was very tastefully done. Chicken Tikka, Butter Chicken, Zaffrani Rice, were splendid. But the Chaas takes the cake, for the best item and we ended up with a scoop of icecream as well.

For a Saturday afternoon, this makes for a perfect setting for friends, couples to enjoy their Indian meal. Surely would visit again.

1  Thank Jishnu575