“Racist club”

Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Racist club”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I'm a regular visitor to bangkok and I love the place and the people. I was very surprised last night when I was denied entry to mixx discotheque at intercontinental. The manager said it was a crowd control measure. But lots of people in large groups of up to ten people walked past me and straight into the club. The manager completely refused to speak English. And I had to get a taxi driver to translate for me. Turns out the colour of my skin was the problem. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. We went to other nightspots and had a good time.

Visited April 2014
21 Thank Carl W

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bad service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

one guy hurt my arm ( he is the bouncer) he wanted i shared my table with new customers but i said no of course i was waiting my friends then he talked bad to me and hurt my arm. And then he asked me to leave. They treated me like a hooker

Visited March 2014
6 Thank Mehdi Z
Cumbria, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Average big asian club - very smoky”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The main points have been covered by others.

Taxi drivers get paid by the club to bring you here so you can flag down any taxi and get a free ride. But despite the enormous number of taxis waiting outside in the early hours you will get seriously scammed unless you walk outside and insist on meter - even then I have been driven 3 Km for a 1 KM ride!!!

Smoky beyond belief - I thought D2 in Macau was bad but...

Mixed clientele as reported - these places are a combination of your mood, what you make of them and the crowd on the night.

I wouldn't go back unless staying at The IC above. Music was so predictable that you could predict what was coming next!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank carbine
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Varied mix of clientele”
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Mixx attracts a very varied cross section of customers. I've been there a few times and the clientele remains consistent. That's to say all age groups over 25 and all ethnicities. The smoking section of the club is patronised by a lot of Russian ladies of dubious occupation. The non smoking section is mostly Thai ladies and western men. One thing that did bother me was an obtuse Thai security guard who continually walked around the club demanding people move out of the gangway, even when there was no gangway there. As with most clubs that westerners frequent in Thailand there's a high percentage of prostitutes there and even the ones who aren't will ask you for money for services rendered.

3 Thank Informatio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very Weird Place”
Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I woudnt recommend this place. The racism issues are true. while going out from the club we were just watching two guys beging for getting in there. Nothing much to see or comments. waste of time.

Visited November 2013