“Great Base”
Review of Triple Two Silom

Triple Two Silom
Ranked #57 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here as a stopover - large bathroom and room, spacious and clean. No views but we used hotel as a place to sleep and a base to see things close by. We went out for breakfast to experience the local food. Incredible deal for two rooms. Quiet place to take refuge from outside hustle and bustle. Walking distance to the local markets and to Patpong Night Market.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet rooms - we asked for rooms close together as we have teenagers which they accomodated
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed three nights at this hotel at the front end of our vacation in Thailand.

The room and the bathroom were spacious and clean. There was no view to speak of but that was not something we were interested in.

The breakfast was excellent with a wide selection of Asian and Western choices.

We found the location to be good as well. Walking distance to the river (and to Central Station).

We had considered staying at Shangri-La, but it was more than three times as expensive as this hotel and I do not regret our decision at all. Will definitely go back.

I would suggest choosing a rate with free wifi and free breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This boutique hotel is very well run, quaint, quiet, very clean, modern and has large bedrooms and bathrooms. Room service is impeccable and breakfast is wonderful.

Incredible deal, without sacrificing anything. Good location, 1/3 mile from Chao Praya River.

2 blocks from Scirocco Restaurant.

BUT - - if you want the party life, stay in Sukumvit.. and check out the Titanium Bar run with the cool ice bar upstairs.

Room Tip: The views are not great (at least on the 2nd and 3rd floors we stayed in).
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here for 2 days to start off our honeymoon in Thailand. The location is fantastic, close to lots of shops and restaurants as well as the metro. We checked in and were offered a welcome drink which was a nice touch. The rooms are huge, clean and spacious. Only thing... No conditioner only shampoo and soap. We put a sign for the room to be cleaned but it wasn't.... It wasn't a big deal. The breakfast is incredible. All sorts of delicious hot and cold food including a congee station and omlette station. Best of all....fresh dim sum and Asian dishes as well as seafood. It was just fantastic . Everyone was so polite and helpful. We felt truly welcomed.

The hotel also saved the day when our scheduled tour guide (rat tours) misled us into believing we would be paying 6000baht for a full day tour with her.... Instead she sent someone who barely spoke a word of English. The hotel was able to quickly get one of their drivers Or in the hotel limo to take us out for the exact tour (even better actually) for only 3000baht. Or was fantastic and gave us a wonderful and informative tour with lots of stories and laughs. We visited the train market and 2 floating markets and were out from 9am-9pm.

On our last day of chevk out we had to leave fairly early for the airport and had paid for brekfast for 2 days so they packed a breakfast to go box. We ate it in their sister hotel next door. It kinda sucked having a croissant banana and orange while you could see others having nice hot food. It would have been nice to have been given the option of a hot meal but nonetheless a meal is better than no meal. Overall we would definitely return on our next visit!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I pick this hotel because of it's price and rating here in TripAdvisor. I spent 9 days in Bangkok and so stayed 9 nights in Triple Two Silom. It wasn't totally what I expected but good choice how ever.

Location is perhaps one of the most important things and I found it very good: SkyTrain station is only 10 minutes walk fron the hotel and restaurants around serve food for every taste. And by taxi you can reach the rest.

Hotel is quite small, only four stores high. I personally hoped to get a room high up with amazing city view but in this hotel it really was not possible. Actually there was no view at all but it wasn't issue. This hotel has not a pool area of it's own but you can use the pool in the hotel next to Triple Two Silom. Pool area was ok but only ok, quite easily accessible how ever.

Room was very clean and spacious with large bathroom and walk-in closet. Houskeeping did it's work well every day and they were very flexible if you wanted to sleep long. One little minus comes because of the odour in the room: I guess it was some cleaning detergent or room refreshener and it was really strong. I mentioned it at the reception but my nose used to it and nothing was done by the staff.

Personnel in this hotel were very polite, friendly and helpful so nothing more or less to say about it.

Breakfast was included in my room rate. I didn't found it very special in those courses I normally like to enjoy but I always found something to eat. Here comes another little minus: I guess quite many of their guests are on holiday so why the breakfast is served between 6 and 10am? I skipped many because I just wanted to sleep longer on my holiday.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I just stayed two nights here and it was lovely. The room was very spacious, service great, clean, beautiful decor and nice bonuses (complimentary DVD library to watch on your large flat screen, bathrobes, slippers, turn down service, need I say more?). The location isn't very charming, but pretty central. Loved the bed, the bath products, being able to spread out and feel at ease with the nice service. I highly recommend staying at Triple Two Silom.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ashlea G
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have been staying in this hotel since it started and never have much negative issues with it. This is a hotel with the same management of Narai Hotel next to it. The name Triple Two comes from the address of this hotel ie. 222 Silom Road. The only problem I had with this hotel is the pillow which is a bit too high for me. Other than that everything is above average. The bath and the shower is huge even for the smallest room. The set up is more like a suite rather than a room. The staffs are very friendly and very professional. I always stay here for my business trip. Their transport service is also very good and with reasonable rate if you need to move around Bangkok city for the whole day or even for airport pick up and drop off.

When most of the hotels charged WIFI those days, Triple Two is one of those hotels that provided it free even more than 10 years ago.

For the rate they charge, it is really one of my favorite hotels among all.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing the inner garden which is very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business