“Good location but there are better hotels for the price” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grande Ville Hotel

Grande Ville Hotel
Ranked #598 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good location but there are better hotels for the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Not really that good a standard: worn out, not especially clean, food mediocre.
Good location though: close to royal palace & things
The bell boy ordered us a taxi to the airport that was a death trap: so old, such bad condition, bad brakes, a real danger to life & limb. Hotel didn't respond when I compained!
No room safes, only central security boxes in lobby which is always a pain.
The bar on the top floor was good: empty & waiters surprised we were there but great views.
All in all, there places that are better value for money

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank GreySuit T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

With most rooms located on the top floors, chances are you will have a great view of the city. Large and comfy room, lots of hot water (compared to many other hotels in Asia), lots of storage space. Not a new hotel but very well kept. Large lobby. Extensive and inexpensive buffet breakfast (if not included in your room rate), including made to order eggs and many Asian options. (There are no other restaurants in the area serving noodle-less breakfast.) Hotel employees are polite and always smiling. Within walking distance of khao san road, many impressive wats, the river. Thieves market next door. Adjacent to Chinatown. Great rates available through various websites.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sycha
Cologne, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

I used this hotel as a base to explore Chinatown and beyond. The room had a safe to keep my valuables in, was pretty big and everything was working OK. It's a large hotel so don't expect any personal touch. Obviously, there are dozens hotels like that in Bangkok. What I liked was the view from my room (the building is quite high) plus the little pool and sundeck on the roof. Unfortunately I was charged extra for using this but for one time that was OK. The price for the room seemed adequate.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Bendigo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

This was the first hotel I stayed at when I arrived in Bangkok. A terrible introduction to the country.

Although on first inspection the room looked nice and large with an amazing view, the room smelt mouldy. A friend from my tour staying in another room said her room smelt of cigarette smoke.

When I went to have a shower I had to pull back the curtains that were covered with mould. The shower had bad water pressueand once again the tiles were covered in mould.

I didn't have anywhere booked after my tour, so decided to bunk in with two ladies from my tour who were staying extra nights thinking it would be cheaper. Wrong.

They said for my own room they would charge me 2,000 baht. Unfortunately they wrote the price on the back of their room sales sheet, where everyone else was being charged 500-600 baht. Sitting back and watching, they gave other people cheaper rates, and some more expensive.

It ended up costing me 500 for a pull out matress that was so bad I could feel the springs from the metal pullout.

One of the ladies had a problem with her leg, and needed a doctor. We called downstairs and the receptionist told us to call her Insurance company. We called them and they said they will call the hotel to save us money on phone fees.
When the insurance company called the hotel, apparently no one spoke English.
They ended calling her back on her mobile. Would be a shame if anything serious happened!

Another thing - Because it is in Chinatown, there are a lot of Taxis that refuse to give you a lift due to the congestion of traffic there.

This hotel is out of date and over priced. Being constantly ripped off by your hotel is draining, and in a part of town that some taxis wont go to, it can be a nuisance.

Stay aware from this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank zommiebar

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We stayed only one night thankfully. it was our meeting point with Intrepid tour we had booked.
The hotel is in BUSY Chinatown and we struggled to get a taxi (who refused to drive us there during rush hours) or a tuk tuk because its such a bottle neck with traffic.
Hotel is huge and very very very outdated!!! All i can say is that it would remind me of Communist China, big old grey block decorated with red carpet with very dingy lighting and sort of flowery silky wallpaper......
We were on the 19th floor i think so it was quiet and a great view over Chinatown.
The staff was helpful and the Buffet is excellent but the rooms are very outdated although clean. Not a place for a romantic stay or a family. Prob as a stop over hotel is ok. I gave it a 3 out of five only because the area is interesting and the buffet was so good.

Room Tip: I wouldnt stay here again I def think there are better hotels around for the same price
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

We stayed for 2 nights, before and after our trip to Issan.
We got an airport pick-up by the hotel, which wasn't cheap - 600B as compared to 350B offered by meter taxi at the airport - but was convenient.
Our check-in was fine with welcome drink and smiles of the staffs. The lobby was great but when we got there, a big tour group was also checked in. Unfortunately there was only one elevator for 24 storey hotel ( actually threre were two but the other wenr out of work ) so we had to wait for some 15 minutes to get to our room on the 15th floor. There was no either wifi or free internet at the lobby.
The room was just ok. It wasn't as clean as the other hotels we stayed in Asia. To me, cleanliness is the most important thing...not fanciness. It looked like it was originally nice, but was never upkept. All the faciilities are very old, i gess it they would have been here when the hotel was built over 10 years ago. But luckily, from our room we had a bird view eye over the city and bustling Chinese town with nice restaurants is within 5 minute walk; That's all we enjoyed two night stay in Bangkok. Not highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Miri, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed at Grande Ville Hotel with my friends and family for 3 days 2 nights. It's located at a very busy town named, China Town. Thus, you can find a lot of NICE food to eat, CHEAP stuffs to shop and SUPERB night view from the hotel's sky lounge!
The rooms are BIG enough to accommodate up to 3 persons (1 King Size Bed + 1 Single Bed) only at RM109 which is approximately USD 36. I booked through Pyotravel.com. Maybe some of the guests will think that the hotel is old, but it's greatly maintained!
I enjoyed the ABF as there are a lot of choices compare with the previous stayed at Pattaya.
Due to my packed itinerary, i unable to enjoy the night view on the top of the hotel as it closes at 11pm and the pool closes at 5pm. The only disappointment for the stayed!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family