“Not interested in their guests needs”

Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #569 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Not interested in their guests needs”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the All Seasons Gold Orchid Hotel for one night. I had booked 2 weeks in advance for a twin room and were given a double bed to share. When questioning the front office staff about my original reservation they said there was nothing else available.... until I complained further and they finally made an effort to change it. We asked for an extra towel once in the new room we were assigned, and unfortunately it arrived an hour late, even though I had specified we were going out shortly. And lastly, when checking out first thing in the morning, I had a really dry throat and felt sick, I requested a bottle or even a glass of water from the front desk staff who responded with "Here? no there is no water." I asked again where I could get water in the entire hotel because I didnt feel well. I suggested maybe they could get from housekeeping or something, but still they were not interested in helping me. For me it is these simple little things you hope will be attended to, especially when you have such little time spent in the hotel as it is. We were hoping to be accommodated, but were definitely not.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Dear sir,

We regret to hear of your unpleasant experience during your stay at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, Managed by ACCOR.

I have seriously addressed your comments with the concerned staff and Head of Departments to find the immediate corrective actions to solve the problems.

Once again, we do apologize and hope that we would have an opportunity to redeem ourselves when you visit to Bangkok next time.

Chaiwat Onlahoong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel was ok. If just to sleep overnight to catch an early flight this is a good place to stay already. The food was ok. Not so much selection but it is above average. The comfort rooms were clean. No slippers to use.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear guest,

We regret to hear of your uncomfortable stay at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, Managed by ACCOR

We have taken note of your comments and process it when upgrading project.

Thank you for your kind support and hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you
back to our hotel again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is the first All Seasons hotel I have stayed. When I first checked in, I was immediately provided an upgrade to a suite room. I guess they recognized my Le Club Accorhotels Platinum status and wanted to please me so that I will write a good review later. They were right. I was indeed very, very happy with the suite room on the top floor (16th) and the view was great with the highway leading to the Kasersart University, my seminar venue. The food was as expected but the extraordinary number of noisy Chinese, Korean and Japanese tourists overwhelmed the restaurant area, staff and sometimes food supply. I think the hotel should have a separate dining area for non-tourist guests on business. The bathtub was just the right size and the sofa and bed provided excellent comfort after a busy day. This is a nice hotel if you do business in that area, visit the Kasersart U or fly with Air Asia.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear of your pleasant stay at Gold Orhcid Bangkok Hotel.

Hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when
you next visit to Bangkok

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a second time to stayed with this hotel, The hotel lobby look old style and process of check in is fast and staff was friendly. The room that I got look old and small, air condition was noise, bed was good , TV is very old ( Not LCD), Overall If you just stay over night before get a flight at Don Muang Airport that ok, it's nearby around 20 Mins.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience cause to you during your stay in our
Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel.

I have seriously addressed your comments with all concerned persons to fix the problems
and keep up the level of standard and service in our hotel.

Hoping that we would have an opportunity to redeem ourselves and welcome you back to
our hotel when you next visit to Bangkok

Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We were given upgradeable room from deluxe to a huge room at 15Th floor... thanks a lot .... but there was not provide an iron to smooth my crumpled shirt. Near Chatuchak weekend market but far from downtown. Must take a taxi to Mo Chit station to get on subway or BTS. The staff was friendly and helpful. They gave us late check out without charge because we back late from Chatuchak.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased to hear of your pleasant stay in our Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel

Hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when
next visit to Bangkok

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 June 2013

if you are not a freak to have a swimming pool or exteme cusines then this is the place when it cums to staying....nice and clean room decent size bathroom and courtious staff...perfect when it cums to travelling with low budgets...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your comments

Hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again
when you next visit to Bangkok

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Overall All seasons Hotel was good value. I liked the room - plenty of space and a well stocked minibar. The location was good for me - I was on business.

The wifi worked well - important for me - and there was space to meet colleagues on the mezzanine floor. Price was excellent.

Can you do something about the lifts - sometimes I had to wait for a long time. The programming of them seemed illogical to me - often they would just go up and down on the lower floors and ignore the upper floors.

Breakfast was just OK - a bit disappointing actually - please find a way of restocking the buffets more quickly and keeping the food warm!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you for your comments during your stay in our Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel.

It would be encourage us to keep improving our hotel standard and service

We hope that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel

Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Din
Din
Chaophya Park Hotel
Chaophya Park Hotel
#394 of 866 in Bangkok

Been to Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel? Share your experiences!