“Excellent Stay at Gold Orchid”

Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #570 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I booked this hotel first time, as I am Accor Hotels Member. I was greeted by Front Desk Staff very professionally. They upgraded me to Suite on 16th Floor. Nice view
from the room windows. Suite amazing beautiful, bathroom immaculate, computer desk sofa and very clean. I had wonderful stay at this hotel. I will be visiting this hotel
whenever I am in Thailand.

Bell Boys are very courteous as they see customer coming out of Taxi they open the
main door for you. That shows they care for their customer.

Room Tip: If you want the value for your money stay here, it will cost you little to take taxi but its worth i...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are delighted to hear of your comfortable stay in our Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, Managed by ACCOR.

Your comments would encourage our team to continue their good work performance.

We hope that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel for your next visit to Bangkok.

There are newer reviews for Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed 9 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 August 2013

My hosts in Thailand booked this hotel for me and made sure I was upgraded to a suite room, which was very large and comfortable. I loved that the bathroom had a separate shower stall so you did not have to go into the bath tub to shower. The bed was very comfortable and it was very convenient that you could control all the lights in such a big room from the bed side.
The breakfast was ok, but I had much better in other hotels.
The location was convenient for business, but not in the center of the city near the tourists attractions.
You have to pay for WiFi in your room and you get each day a tiny slip of paper with the username and password. Not very convenient.
Not enough electric sockets in the room so you could easily charge your phone or laptop.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear of your pleasant stay in our Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, Managed by ACCOR.

We have taken note of your comments about the sockets in the guest room, which we would process when upgrading project.

We hope that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again when your
next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

We stayed at the All Seasons Gold Orchid Hotel for one night. I had booked 2 weeks in advance for a twin room and were given a double bed to share. When questioning the front office staff about my original reservation they said there was nothing else available.... until I complained further and they finally made an effort to change it. We asked for an extra towel once in the new room we were assigned, and unfortunately it arrived an hour late, even though I had specified we were going out shortly. And lastly, when checking out first thing in the morning, I had a really dry throat and felt sick, I requested a bottle or even a glass of water from the front desk staff who responded with "Here? no there is no water." I asked again where I could get water in the entire hotel because I didnt feel well. I suggested maybe they could get from housekeeping or something, but still they were not interested in helping me. For me it is these simple little things you hope will be attended to, especially when you have such little time spent in the hotel as it is. We were hoping to be accommodated, but were definitely not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Dear sir,

We regret to hear of your unpleasant experience during your stay at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, Managed by ACCOR.

I have seriously addressed your comments with the concerned staff and Head of Departments to find the immediate corrective actions to solve the problems.

Once again, we do apologize and hope that we would have an opportunity to redeem ourselves when you visit to Bangkok next time.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

The hotel was ok. If just to sleep overnight to catch an early flight this is a good place to stay already. The food was ok. Not so much selection but it is above average. The comfort rooms were clean. No slippers to use.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Dear guest,

We regret to hear of your uncomfortable stay at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, Managed by ACCOR

We have taken note of your comments and process it when upgrading project.

Thank you for your kind support and hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you
back to our hotel again.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is the first All Seasons hotel I have stayed. When I first checked in, I was immediately provided an upgrade to a suite room. I guess they recognized my Le Club Accorhotels Platinum status and wanted to please me so that I will write a good review later. They were right. I was indeed very, very happy with the suite room on the top floor (16th) and the view was great with the highway leading to the Kasersart University, my seminar venue. The food was as expected but the extraordinary number of noisy Chinese, Korean and Japanese tourists overwhelmed the restaurant area, staff and sometimes food supply. I think the hotel should have a separate dining area for non-tourist guests on business. The bathtub was just the right size and the sofa and bed provided excellent comfort after a busy day. This is a nice hotel if you do business in that area, visit the Kasersart U or fly with Air Asia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Gold_Orchid, General Manager at Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear of your pleasant stay at Gold Orhcid Bangkok Hotel.

Hoping that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when
you next visit to Bangkok

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 6 July 2013

This is a second time to stayed with this hotel, The hotel lobby look old style and process of check in is fast and staff was friendly. The room that I got look old and small, air condition was noise, bed was good , TV is very old ( Not LCD), Overall If you just stay over night before get a flight at Don Muang Airport that ok, it's nearby around 20 Mins.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience cause to you during your stay in our
Gold Orchid Bangkok Hotel.

I have seriously addressed your comments with all concerned persons to fix the problems
and keep up the level of standard and service in our hotel.

Hoping that we would have an opportunity to redeem ourselves and welcome you back to
our hotel when you next visit to Bangkok