Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
1,424 results
All reviewssky loungeindra squareplatinum mallwalking distanceswimming poolnice hoteltuk tukairport linkshopping areaindian restaurantbangkok cityhigher floorhotel is locatedthai massagebreakfast spreadstar hotelnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2012

We booked this hotel for two reasons and it turned out to be a good choice - it was our last night in Thailand and after a couple of weeks of travelling and staying in some characterful but basic places we fancied a bit more comfort, as well as wanting easy access to the airport.

We arrived hot and dishevelled after a long journey involving a ferry, a plane, a coach, a train and 2 taxi's. From the moment we walked in the service was good and we felt welcome.

We enjoyed a dip in the nice pool, and enjoyed our first really hot shower for almost 2 weeks before relaxing in the complimentary robe and slippers. We then headed upto the roof terrace bar which has a nice view over the city and then tried the buffet meal in the lobby restaurant which had a varied choice and good quality of food. I tucked into the salad bar which made a nice change from Thai food.

Next morning we missed breakfast as we had an early start but got a taxi from the hotel no worries at 6am for the 5 minute journey to Makkasan station for the airport express which was a really hassle free way of travelling back to the airport and only took 15 minutes for 90 baht.

I probably would not recommend this hotel for an extended stay in Tahiland as it could be any room in any hotel in the worls, and is a bit far out from the main sights, but it was perfect for our needs.

Room Tip: The view from higher up rooms is great - we were on the 19th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

like a lot of city based hotels this hotel provides all the necessary essentials but nothing special to make this the holiday to remember. All rooms appear to have either two twin beds or 1 single and are clean and fresh looking. They all have independently controlled air con units (esential for travel in Thailand) andare supplied with complimentary tea/coffee making facility with two free bottles of water daily. the cleaning standard is high with sheets & used towels replaced daily.
the hotel is spread over 28 floors so you don't get that individual service at some smaller hotels. one member of our party faced some confusion over her bill with bar charges in the region of £600 for one g&t but this was soon rectified.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MWH_62
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We booked a suite in this hotel. If you book a suite, there are some privileges: separate check in, every day fruit in the room, newspaper etc. When we arrived there was a large queue so we waited to be served. There were only two front office members to check in, so that took quite a while. When we checked in we got the key of our room. When we entered the room, we discovered it was not the suite. We went back to the reception and told this. Nobody seemed to be solving this problem. After waiting for another 15 minutes I got a new key, not even an apologize. This room was on floor 15, while we asked for an upper room. With not much pleasure they changed the room for one on floor 30.

The fact I give this hotel 2 out of 5 is because the room was spectacular. A nice view over the city and even sitting in the bathtub you could look over the city and had a view on the Bayoke tower. The room was clean, nicely decorated and the bathroom was also very nice.

However, the service was - in our case - very bad. No fruit on the room, on the second day no newspaper and on the room no wifi internet access. I asked for it and they told me it was only available in the lobby. Well, I tried but you seemed to have a code to access and I didn't had much energy to go get a login code. I think it even was no free internet too.

Also breakfast was not very nice. The range of food was ok, but I had to ask 3 (!) times for a cup of coffee, and that was even around 7 o'clock while it was really quiet. Staff seemed to be disinterested and also at the egg counter, they were just hanging against the wall and don't made an active and friendly impression to me.

Check out was also not very pleasant. First they had to check the minibar. I told them that I didn't use it, but I had to wait for the check. This costed about 10 minutes. Then I lost my patience and told the front desk staff I was leaving, as I did. No question if I had a pleasant stay, nothing.

The hotel is situated in one of the busy parts of Bangkok, not far from the sky train but not a particular interesting part of the city. No much complaints about the location, but no taxi or tuktuk driver knows this hotel, so please take a card from the hotel with you with the Thai address on it.

I won't visit this hotel again. The only reason I like this hotel was because of the room and its view. Service was bad and that in a land like Thailand were most of the people are very nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We used this hotel in 2009 and it was amazing. Went back there March 2012 and found that the standard of the rooms and breakfast really dropped. It is still a good hotel though. Value for money and centrally located!

Next time when i visit Bangkok i will definitely try another hotel!

Room Tip: The Deluxe Suite is good!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family