Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,424 results
All reviewssky loungeindra squareplatinum mallwalking distanceswimming poolnice hoteltuk tukairport linkshopping areaindian restaurantbangkok cityhigher floorhotel is locatedthai massagebreakfast spreadstar hotelnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The hotel is perfectly situated for tourist, approx 1 km from the train station. The hotel is of a high standard, offering a wide range of amenities, adequately sized modern clean rooms and friendly staff. The breakfast selection is vast and offers a selection of western cuisine. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mohamed E
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed for 3 days , We booked the floating market package the hotel offers which was a lovely package as we were shuttled to the Dumnoen Saduak Floating market spend the morning site seeing and floating on a canoe style boat shoping and eating.
The hotels position was ideal for our needs walking distance to the markets ,5 min walk to the sky train which is cheap transport to were ever you need to go.
Cocktails on the 23rd floor in the Attic skye lounge taking in the sunset along with the views of the city.
all our meals we had were fantastic , our dinner which was paired with selection of wines with each course splended choice.
Staff were fantasic helpful and extremly friendly.

We will return if in Bankok again.

Room Tip: Have cocktails in the Attic Skye bar 23rd floor whatch the sun set. When in Bangkok do a river cruise on the Loy Nava boat sunset cruise and dinner.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Spend 3 days at the hotel coming back from our holiday in Phuket. Only negative was that we spend too long in Phuket... Extremely friendly staff, very helpful. Rooms were clean, everything worked as it should. The food ordered from room service was delicious, was very impressed. Hotel is within walking distance of a few inexpensive shopping malls! Managed to find great and inexpensive gifts for friends and family back home. Had a problem with the wifi as this only worked in the lobby! Regardless, we will be back with a few friends in febr2013. So looking forward to it? Thanx guys, for making our holiday memorable...

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dino G
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The service was so terrible! I know that I may come off as being a horrible American but no one in that hotel spoke very good english AT ALL! It was terribly confusing at the front desk and ordering room service. Even the "concierge" was very hard to understand. When we were leaving I remember lugging my own luggage around because a bell boy could not be found (and I have some BIG luggage). I then passed one in the lobby and he would NOT make eye-contact with me at all. I am sorry but I shouldn't have to ask for help when I clearly need it from a person whose job is to help carry my luggage! I know it sounds snotty but I was just fed up at that point! For the price I expected better service. I picked this hotel because it had an in house spa, but even the spa was not that great. It was highly overpriced for Thailand and the treatment was no different than massages that cost less than half the price of the treatments at the Eastin. Last but not least the bathroom was really gross. There was mold everywhere and it was just awful. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

Dear Brooke A.

Greetings from Eastin Hotel Makkasan Bangkok

May I thank you for providing us with valuable feedback on Trip advisor regarding your stay with us. At Eastin Hotel Makkasanour aim is to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied and it is only through comments such as yours that we are able to deal with any problems that might arise.

I must sincerely apologize for the situations that occurred that marred your stay with us and would like to assure you that I will be taking action personally over these.
Regarding your comment that not a single member of staff spoke very good English at all. We serve a host of international guests from around the world and staff very rarely seem to have a communication problem(especially our Concierge who is regularly singled out for special praise in Trip advisor reviews) therefore I am extremely disappointed that you encountered problems conversing with them. I will be looking into what occurred in your situation immediately and institute any extra training that may be required.

I fully sympathize with your frustration at not being assisted with your luggage. This is completely unacceptable behavior on our part and I have taken strong action to ensure it does not happen again.

I am extremely sorry that the spa did not live up to your expectations. The prices are in line with other hotel spas in our class in Bangkok and are generally considered good value for money and the treatments of a high quality judging by the feedback we receive. It is regrettable that your experience did not match this.

I was most disturbed that your bathroom was “gross” and you found evidence of mold there. Mold is a problem due to the high humidity encountered in Thailand and the hotel has a continuous care program involving the Housekeeping and Engineering departments to deal with any instances of mold discovered including complete re-tiling and re-grouting of affected areas should it be necessary. Rest assured I will be investigating why your room had a problem.

May I end by saying that we sincerely hope upon your next trip to Bangkok you can visit us and see firsthand the improvements we have made due to your invaluable input.

Sincerely yours,

Prasarn Thaitae

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Booked deluxe room for 3 nights. Room is basic but clean. Staff are friendly. Breakfast was good. Lots of choices. Overall experiences is quite good.

• Stayed: May 2012