“Efficient”

Ranked #190 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Efficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed on the 12th-15th Oct2013. Request for adaptor was sent within 5 mins to our room 1110. On the 2nd day in the evening the electricity in the room trip. Called the guest service & immediately someone came. Unable to restore he callled for the technician. All is taken care of in a jiffy. We are very pleased. Halal room service tho limited usually arrived under half an hour. On our last day after breakfast I checked with the waitress if they serve halal menu at the glass restaurant. No she said. I wonder why?So we have room service again just b4 checking out..

• Stayed October 2013
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Lindasmat,

Thank you very much for writing your thoughts about your stay with us on Trip Advisor,
I am extremely pleased to know that you appreciated the efficiency of our team and will share your kind comments with them. Feedback such as yours is always appreciated and serves as a great inspiration to the staff.

At Eastin Makkasan our ultimate goal is the complete satisfaction of all our guests and any suggestion forwarded by them is given careful consideration. Regarding this policy and after reading your comment concerning the availability of halal food I am delighted to inform you that the halal menu is now available throughout the hotel.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you as our valued guest and we look forward to welcoming you once again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel not more then that,
no Windows in the rooms so if you take a room for smokers he will be with abad bad smell , and if you take a non smoking room you will need to take 2 elevators than circle the hotel until you find 2 tables for smokers without ashtray. A small part from the staff know English (just abit)

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Amitnir
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Amitnir,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor. Nowadays Trip Advisor has become an important tool for hotel operators to gauge the satisfaction of their guests and attend to any issues raised in the reviews.

I must sincerely apologise that certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to respond to your comments.

I would like to inform you that the windows in our hotel rooms have to remain locked under Thai law for both safety and security reasons. However we do give our smoking rooms a thorough airing out after occupancy and I have instructed my Director of Housekeeping to ensure her team pay closer attention to this after reading your comment.

I regret that you were inconvenienced by your search for a smoking area. Again under Thai law public areas of a hotel are now 100% non-smoking therefore we have set up smoking areas at both the swimming pool and a seated zone near the entrance to the lower lobby. Even though we have free-standing ash trays in this zone the tables there have ash trays as a hotel standard and I will investigate why none were available.

Your comment regarding the English skills of the staff have been well noted and, even though we rarely experience a communication issue when the number of international guests we welcome is taken into consideration, I am in the process of introducing extra English language training for all front line staff.

May I end by saying that we hope you have the chance to visit us again where you can witness first hand the results of your invaluable comments in action.

Best regrads,
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Eastin Hotel for two nights as part of our honeymoon. Before our trip, I did my homework and read up on this hotel through Tripadvisor. I noticed that there were very few negative reviews, but in the few instances where a negative review was posted, the general manager personally commented on it. I contacted the general manager and to make a long story short, she upgrade our room and prepared it for honeymooners. When we arrived the service was wonderful. The hotel clean and our room, awesome (even with its own balcony). Staff were extremely friendly and helpful and breakfast was a feast.
Staying in this hotel truly was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: People always recommend that you stay on higher floors to limit street noise. We also recommend thi...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Dear Martin 19820611,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Eastin Makkasan Bangkok and for sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor.

We were honored to welcome you and your wife on your honeymoon and delighted that you had such a wonderful stay. Your kind comments are truly appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of your company when you choose to visit Bangkok again where you will both be assured a warm Eastin Makkasan welcome.

Bathinda, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Good courteous reception staff. hotel lobby is not so impressive and comfortable. it was rather hot on the day we checked in. We had to wait for 2 hours in hot temperatures of lobby. Rooms are good and spacious. Try to get a room on higher floor. Location of the Hotel is not good. The staff, esp of Room Service are rude. Though Reception people were good. Location is not so good. Language is a big big problem. Better to get similar budget Hotel in some central place.

Room Tip: Try to get room on a higher floor.
Bathinda, Punjab, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Good courteous reception staff. hotel lobby is not so impressive and comfortable. it was rather hot on the day we checked in. we had to wait for 2 hours in hot temperatures of lobby. Rooms are good. Try to get a room on higher floor. Location of the Hotel is not good. Better try some equivalent Hotel in Sukhumvit area. The Room Service staff was very rude. They refuse to give a reasonable service. Getting a Tea Bag or Sugar for the Room Pantry was a big hassle. They provide just 1 Tea Bag per day per guest. After that they asked for 50B for a set of Tea bag/ Sugar/ Milk pouch. And the person on the other side of the phone was rude.
Prefer another hotel if your Budget is limited.

Room Tip: Get a Room on a Higher floor, Prefer Deluxe Rooms, Budget permitting.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Harvinder B
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Harvinder B,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Hotel Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all comments as they allow us attend to any issues experienced by our guests that may not have been mentioned during their stay and maintain our reputation for high standards of service and comfort.

I was very pleased to read your compliment regarding our reception staff and will pass on your praise personally.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations. I regret that, since you arrived early at 11 a.m., there was a delay in allocating you a room. As our regular check-in time is 2 p.m. some existing guests had not vacated their rooms meaning one was not immediately available for your party. I am also sorry that you felt the temperature in the lobby was hot as the whole hotel is fully air conditioned and we have not received any similar comments of this nature. However I have instructed my engineers to inspect the system serving the lobby area.

I am also sorry that you did not enjoy our location. Perhaps you were unaware that we provide a complimentary stretched tuk tuk service to the main shopping areas, BTS station and the airport link station plus we are within walking distance of the Platinum Mall and Pratunam Market which are about 10 minutes away on foot. I have instructed my staff to make all guests aware of the tuk tuk service for their convenience and I am sorry if you did not know about this.

I must also apologize for the perceived rudeness expressed by my room service staff and have spoken to the person in question as we pride ourselves on the courtesy we extend to our guests.
I would also like to inform you that your comment regarding the charge for an extra tea set has been well noted and, as we listen to all our guests’ opinions and do our utmost to satisfy, the extra tea set is now complimentary.

May I end by thanking you for choosing Eastin Makkasan for your stay and when you visit Bangkok again we would be delighted to welcome you back as our honored guest.

Largs, Ayrshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

We have stayed here several times, always come back and will return again. It is exceptionally clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. We got a very nice room with panoramic views of the city. I would particularly like to thank Mr Silapkit (Kit) Assistant Manager, Mr Thavorn, Restaurant Manager, and Mr Champ, Concierge for their kind assistance for their help in resolving our recent problem.

Kololi, Gambia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have stayed here before & it has passed every test with flying colours. I booked the least costly so was truly delighted to be upgraded to the most large & delightful room possible, so much so that I stayed an two extra nights. The hotel excels from arrival, through reception to the cleanliness & tidiness of rooms. Wifi is rock solid & the TV works well, offers a good range of choices, from tedious, lightweight local 'farces', to top movies & serious news channels. Breakfast is excellent with a wide range of choices to suit every taste, including omelettes, bacon & cooked tomatoes. For those like my partner, who enjoy 'dinner' for breakfast, lunch & dinner all is also well. With the sad collapse of the rupee in 2013, most other guests now seem to be quiet, well dressed & polite Taiwanese. Finally, the charm & professionalism of the front desk staff & bell boys is to be commended. When I offer my Thai partner a choice of hotel to stay at she says without hesitation 'Eastin'.

Room Tip: The hotel is always open an honest about any issues you might encounter with your room, however book...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple