“Inner city gem”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #203 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights. The room was large and spacious. The bathroom was clean, modern and spacious too. Tea,coffee and water was available every day. As my partners lap top did not fit into the room safe we left it with the concierge each morning and received it back in perfect order at the end of each day!
We found all dealings with the front desk to be proffessional. Check inn area is large and modern. All staff we encountered were able to converse with us in English.
Breakfast area was spacious. Staff assisted me immediately with my request for hot milk for my coffee. On offer is fresh fruit, Asian! Eastern and Western breakfast. Children loved the freshly made pancakes (takes about 30seconds while you wait). Omelets and eggs can be cooked by the chef to your requirements.
We used the hotel shuttle to drop us off at Central World whilst other travelers went to the makes an Airport link.
This hotel is easily accessible to all inner city areas of interest. One can walk to Central World shopping area and the stalls in Ratchaprasong rd if you don't mind walking. There are lots of massage, shopping stalls and eating areas in very close proximity to the hotel.
This hotel is a beauty! However it is in the inner city area, so if you are going shopping and sight seeing it is in a good central location.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room! We could hear the traffic in the background, but not noisy enough to wake you...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear JeanetteFox,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I say what a pleasure it was to read your review on Trip Advisor. Both I and my team endeavour to provide our guests with an enjoyable stay and comments such as yours are truly appreciated as they inspire us to work even harder to give our guests what they want.

We hope that if you return to Bangkok you would visit us again where we would be delighted to be of service once more to you and your partner.

There are newer reviews for Eastin Hotel Makkasan

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights, and received a free room upgrade. The view from our room on the 19th floor was of the Bangkok traffic and city lights. It was lovely, clean and easy to utilise the lights/tv etc functions and you can view your bill via the TV to keep up to date with spending on your account. However, we found the location was a bit far away from where we wanted to go, and we had to catch taxi or tuk tuk everywhere we went. We did not try the skytrain and was not advised of any free shuttle services. We tried to go up to the top floor restaurant, only to be told it was booked out for a private function. Breakfast was terrific and included in our room cost. We also tried another bar in the lobby area and at the poolside - they were well serviced and priced. We did have an issue on check-out though, as the day before we departed, we requested some laundry to be done. We had a sign in the room saying 1 bag for 120 baht. I explained the required service to the person at reception and also showed the sign to the staff member who arrived at our room to collect our laundry, and said this is what we wanted. All seemed to be okay, until the next day when we received our laundry with a bill of 1,430 baht. No amount of explaining, or showing reception the 120 baht sign made any difference. The communication barrier was to be blamed, and we just had to pay the higher bill. It did put a dampener on our stay with this hotel and we probably won't stay there again - but only because of the location issue.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear Princess_E63,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay on Trip Advisor and sincerely apologise for those aspects that did not meet your expectations. As General Manager it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure our guests’ satisfaction therefore I would like to take this opportunity to address the issues you raised.

We were delighted to be able to offer you a room upgrade and are pleased that the room was to your liking. I regret that our location was not convenient for you and was concerned that our staff did not make you aware of our complimentary stretched tuk tuk service to the sky train and main shopping district. As part of our standard operating procedure my front office team should have informed you about this service and I have instructed their manager to ensure that this procedure is followed at all times.

I regret that the 23rd floor sky lounge was closed for a private function and sincerely hope that it did not detract from your time with us to a great degree.

I would like to offer my further apologies over the confusion regarding the laundry service. If I may politely inform you that the in-room card clearly states that the 120 baht promotion is only for the drying of clothes and was intended to be used if guests wish to dry their swimwear or if they get caught in one of the rain showers Bangkok occasionally experiences at this time of year.

I deeply regret the misunderstanding but it simply would not be possible to launder an entire laundry bag of clothing for what amounts to approximately $4 AUD. After investigation I discovered that since you had filled in the laundry list form in your room which includes the prices for laundered items the staff thought that you wanted those items laundered and pressed as part of our regular service. To avoid further confusion of this nature and to ensure there are no communication problems I have held a meeting with my staff to make sure they explain clearly what the promotion consists of.

May I end by saying that despite your reservations about staying at Eastin Makkasan again we would dearly hope that you would reconsider and give us the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

5 star for this awesome property. Friendly Staff, Clean Rooms, Nice Breakfast, Free Shuttle Service and much more. One of the best hotels in Bangkok to stay for.
10 minutes walking distance to the Highest Building in the Thailand BaiyokeSky Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank tech-banker
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear tech-banker,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for writing how much you enjoyed your stay at Eastin Makkasan. We try to satisfy our guests at all times to the very best of our ability and I am delighted that the facilities and services we provided met your expectations. I hope that you managed to take a trip up of Baiyoke Sky – the views of the city are truly stunning.

We hope you have a chance to visit us again if you ever return to Bangkok.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Would have given it 5 star had it not been for the location. Slightly away from all the major attractions, but the hotel was world class. Really spacious rooms and friendly staff, will definetly recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lester M,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I was extremely pleased to read your comment regarding us being a world class hotel and that you would recommend us to others. There is a lot of competition in Bangkok in our market segment and comments such as your inspire the staff to try and maintain the high standards they set themselves. I must offer my sincere apologies that our location was inconvenient for you to access the major attractions but I hope that our proximity to some of the larger shopping malls such as Platinum and Panthip Plaza made up for this in some way.

We hope that if you choose Thailand as your holiday destination in the future you would consider Eastin Makkasan as you accommodation.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Eastin Hotel Makkasan from 23 Nov to 28 Nov. We found this hotel to be one of the best among the different hotels we have stayed in Bangkok. The in-room facilities are excellent with a internet TV. All the lightings can be controlled with one panel. Rooms and hotel are generally clean.Towels and bedsheets will be changed if requested. Good Variety for breakfast as well. The menu oreintates from day to day although some dishes are available every day. Front desk staff and restaurant staff are all courteous and helpful. I would like to particularly commend one of the restaurant staff by the name of Jaruwan. She was very friendly and warm and made the effort to connect with guests. The only downside about this hotel is that the rooms are a little too cold even after we adjusted the room temperature to the highest possible. The corridors are also quite dim. Location wise is fine although some walking is necessary to get to malls like platinum and central world but tuk tuks and taxis always know this place so it is fine. Generally, we had a pleasant stay at this hotel and we will return :)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear lindsasky14,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you for taking the time to write an in-depth review of your stay with us. We appreciate all comments, whether positive or not, as they are a good indicator of where we are meeting our guests’ expectations and, equally importantly, areas which need our attention to ensure guest satisfaction.

I was delighted that Khun Jaruwan provided outstanding service and I will pass on your praise to her myself.

I must sincerely apologize that the temperature in your room made you uncomfortable. Our air-conditioning units should be able to provide the optimum temperature for our guests therefore if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gmadmin@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your room number I will instruct my engineers to investigate the issue.
If I may also inform you that we are in the process of changing all light bulbs in the hotel to LED units.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at Eastin Makkasan Hotel from 17 Nov 2013 to 23 Nov 2013. Booked direct from hotel web. Once we reached to hotel (about 10:30 am) and presented our confirmation, we can go to our room immediately, even hotel check-in time is 2pm. Breakfast was good. All hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Check-in, check-out process are simply first. On third days of our stayed, house keeping team forgot to top-up our complimentary water in our room. Even though, can buy from near by 7-11 or local house shop, hope Eastin can improve their service. We had a pleasant stay. And plan to book Eastin Easy Patong for our next holidays.

Room Tip: Higher floors has perfect city view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear KSSai,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for your comments on Trip Advisor and I hope that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay.

I was pleased to learn that overall you were satisfied with our service but must offer my sincere apologies regarding the regrettable oversight in not replacing the complimentary water in your room. I have already spoken to my Director of Rooms about this to ensure her staff does not repeat this error.

I noticed that after staying with us you mentioned you like to stay in our sister hotel in Phuket. As the newest property in our group Khun Ongkarn and his team will be delighted to welcome you there in the very near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The Eastin Hotel, Makassan, is well appointed and extremely comfortable. The rooms were immaculately presented as was the rest of the hotel areas. We found breakfast to be a very hectic time, but this is expected in any large hotel. The food quality at other times in all areas was excellent. The only thing that let the hotel down was its location. Given the fact that the traffic in Bangkok is horrendous it took a very long time to get anywhere unless you took the sky train or walked. Pool area was also very pleasant apart from the traffic noise.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Dear Julie B,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay and I am pleased that we could have been of service to you. We strive to provide our guests with as perfect a stay as possible and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

I must sincerely apologise that our location was inconvenient for you. We do offer a complimentary tuk tuk shuttle to the main shopping areas but, as you mentioned, it can sometimes take a while to get to your destination owing to Bangkok’s infamous traffic. On average we consider the travel times via taxi to places such as Central World, Siam Paragon and Terminal 21 to be approximately 15 minutes given the time of day and malls such as Indra Square, Platinum, Palladium and the Pratunam Market are around 10 minutes on foot.

We hope that if you have the opportunity to visit Thailand again you would do us the honour of selecting Eastin Makkasan as your accommodation. We look forward to welcoming you once again as a valued returning guest.