Eastin Hotel Makkasan
US$127
US$111
US$100
1,424 results
All reviewssky loungeindra squareplatinum mallwalking distanceswimming poolnice hoteltuk tukairport linkshopping areaindian restaurantbangkok cityhigher floorhotel is locatedthai massagebreakfast spreadstar hotelnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I chose this hotel because I saw the manager's replies to comments on Tripadvisor and felt that it was a sign of good customer service. The hotel room was big, comfortable, clean and with a city view. The room service menu even had halal options. We went end of Dec and was initially frightened of the Bangkok protests but happy to say that the streets were peaceful and there was no disturbance at the hotel.

The only downside is the hotel's location. The BTS is far away and the walking distance to Platinum Mall & Pratunam market is honestly not very near. They tried to remedy it by offering free shuttle service but the concierge personnel I approached seemed reluctant to let us take the free shuttle and kept repeating "just take cab, cheap, better". I was very disappointed by this.

The hotel also does not call cabs for you. You'd either have to take the tuk-tuk/cabs parked right outside (these drivers will rip you off as they refuse to turn on the meter) or walk farther down and flag a meter cab. You'd think that given the poor location, they should be calling cabs in for customers at the lobby.

Overall, the hotel is value for money and if you're okay taking cabs everywhere, the location shouldn't matter.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear AsihahSupertramp

May I offer my sincere thanks for your kind words regarding my attitude to customer service. The simple fact of the matter is as General Manager I have been delegated the task of ensuring our guests receive the best comfort and service possible and it ultimately my responsibility that our guests leave satisfied.

Regarding this I was very disappointed to learn about the lack of service mind expressed by my staff concerning your use of the tuk tuk shuttle and their apparent unwillingness to hail a taxi for you. The shuttle is available free at scheduled times of the day and for private hire for a nominal fee outside these time to take guests to their desired destination in the vicinity. The staff are well aware of this service we provide therefore I have spoken to their manager that this attitude is unacceptable and have taken disciplinary measures against those involved as this is not the level of service expected of an Eastin member of staff.

Similarly our bell staff at the main door are instructed to call a taxi from the street if a guest requests it and do so frequently. I will be investigating why this did not occur in your case and taking appropriate action.

May I end by saying that it was a delight that you chose Eastin Makkasan as your accommodation while in Bangkok and we hope you have the chance to visit us again in the very near future.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed just one night and arrived after midnight. There were no issues arriving late - the room was ready and waiting. Much of my 'average' mark is, in fairness, probably more based on personal preferences than hard facts. The hotel and room has a modern design, and someone has splashed out on having the TV, lights and air con all operational from a central interface.

But the room and corridors felt a little unloved to me, like they'd been brand new ten years ago and not cared for since. There was practically no window in the room. The bed was in the centre of the room - not middle against the wall, but centre against no wall. The room was also quite small.

The bed was comfortable and I got a quiet night's sleep, but this didn't feel like a home away from home to me. No real complaints, but not sure this hotel is the best value for money, compared to others.

Room Tip: Might be worth paying the extra 200 Baht for an upgrade, which will probably include a better window and hence some view of the city
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear Katharine T

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor and giving a frank and honest appraisal of your time with us. We appreciate all comments and fully respect that some elements are down to personal preferences rather than anything particularly disappointing with a guests stay.

We undergo a constant care programme of all our rooms therefore once I have ascertained which room you stayed in I will instruct my Housekeeping and Engineering sections to check it regarding your comments. If I may also politely inform you that our room size is the standard size commensurate with other Bangkok hotels in our market segment.

May I end by saying that I hope should you ever return to Bangkok you find a hotel that is more in keeping with your requirements and have a thoroughly wonderful time.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Cozy atmosphere located near shopping centers(few minutes by Tuk Tuk),good breakfast with nice outdoor pool,good services,gym is small and needs jugging machines.Bathroom good and daily supplied with toothbrushes,soaps,shampoo...etc.Actually nice hotel to stay.Thank you Eastin Hotel making my stay comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear jahmi60

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I say how pleased I was that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you made the most of your time with us.

One point I would like to politely mention is that we have 2 fitness rooms adjacent to each other with one room featuring the resistance machines and free weights and the other featuring treadmills, exercise bikes and incline equipment. I must sincerely apologise if you were not aware of this.

Let me end by saying that we hope to see you again at sometime in the future when you can make full use of our gym facilities.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We found the Eastin Hotel in Bangkok to be close to the city centre and the staff to be friendly and generally helpful. Our room was quite large, comfortable and room service was prompt. We were amazed at the exceptionally good service from the concierge, nicknamed "Champ", who supplied us with prompt, accurate and detailed directions to our queries. The only important blot on Eastin Hotel's copybook was their main diningroom's banquet which was expensive and devoid of taste. The food, though plentiful and pleasing to the eye, all tasted like sawdust. The food, however, at their bar, was both pleasant and economical. We were surprised that the staff at their gym were incapable of providing important advice regarding the equipment. Despite the above criticisms, we would like to stay at the Eastin Hotel on our next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ilana F

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor and say how delighted I am to learn that despite the couple of issues you experienced you would like to stay with us again.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and will pass on your praise to Khun Champ myself as he is a valued and vital member of the Eastin team.

May I sincerely apologise for the two issues you encountered regarding the buffet and the staff in the gym.

As the comments we usually receive regarding the buffet are very positive if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your specific observations I will pass them on to my Executive Chef.

I have also introduced extra training for the gym staff to alleviate any communication problems in the future.

May I end by saying that we are looking forward to your return to Eastin Makkasan in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Being in the commercial city of bangkok, you cant expect to stay in a resort-like hotel.
this hotel is just that!
well located - close to Indra mall and walking distance from Pratunam and Palladium - as shopaholics, we found this a huge plus.
cabs are available right outside to go to MBK and Siam and wherever else you want to go.
the hotel has large windows, albeit closed.. so the city is in full view.
they have a nice, quiet sky bar and a pool which we didnt try.
the breakfast spread is nice and the staff is helpful.
all in all, a good experience

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear sonia4toi

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

It was great reading that you had such an enjoyable time with your family at Eastin Makkasan. Bangkok is known as a shopper’s paradise and I certainly hope you shopped ‘til you dropped!

I will pass on your kind comments to my department heads so they can inform their team about your praise as an inspiration to us all.

One point I would like to mention is that regrettably due to Thai Health and Safety regulations the windows in hotels such as ours must remain locked to avoid any unfortunate incidents.

May I end by saying that it was a delight to be of service to you and your family and we look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible.

General manager