“Not the best but not the worst by any means...”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #192 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Porbandar, India
“Not the best but not the worst by any means...”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I would count this property as a good for friends and family hotel...Location calm and peacefull...Lots of food option available around, Major wholesale markets around the hotel area, near by express way to airport...I travelled as single traveller for peacefull break from work and that is exactly what i got during the trip. Though i do not like the superior rooms and waiting for your room if you arrive early was major headache, try booking early check in if you are landing early at Bangkok airport....Otherwise hotel is really good with its service and accomodation...

Room Tip: Choose deluxe or above category rooms....Superior rooms are not so much impressive....
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear sunnygohel

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us and am delighted that you had a peaceful time.

I must sincerely apologize that we were not able to offer you an early check-in due to running at high occupancy during your period of stay. We do attempt to accommodate guests who have not requested an early check-in prior to their arrival but if a room is not immediately available unfortunately this is not always possible.

Both myself and my team hope that you have the chance to visit us again in the very near future.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is just like a transit hotel. Ordinary rooms, city location, good transport available & average food. Do expect much from the hotel. It is located near to all the big malls in Bangkok & hence is good to stay for shoppers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SUMEET7688

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

As General Manager it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that our guests have as an enjoyable stay as possible therefore I would like to ask if you could kindly contact me with some additional feedback regarding your comments about the rooms and food and where you consider there could be some improvement. Naturally I am delighted to read positive reviews where we met or exceeded our guest’s expectations but as a hotel that considers all comments to be vitally important your input is invaluable.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 5 adults and stayed in 2 rooms for 3 nights.The facilities were excellent and staff were really courteous and extremely helpful with advice and suggestions. Breakfast was indeed a great start to the day.We have stayed in many hotels nearby over the past years and this was pur best hotel experience in Bangkok. We sensed that all the staff were truly proud and committed to their jobs.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear CKY281

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

What an absolute pleasure it was to read your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I was especially delighted to learn about your satisfaction with the service we provide and will instruct my department heads to pass on your praise to their team members.

We hope that your entire group have the opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future where it will be our pleasure to be of service to you again.

Saigon
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Worry a bit before my business trip as Thai's political crisis but all was well in this location in walking distance to Pratunam shopping center and plenty of Seven Eleven . Stayed at Deluxe room on 16 th floor, very nice view overlooking the express way. Bath room was nice with separated sections of bathtub and shower. 23 floor bar superb view at nice. Nice swimming pool only thing to improve is wifi up & down and better gym.
Will be back and stay for 04 nights next month

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear heinzhuynh

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Firstly may I say how pleased I was to read that the current political demonstrations in Bangkok did not affect your time with us. Furthermore I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. Once we have established which room was yours I will instruct my IT team to investigate the problem with your wi-fi.

I noted that you will be staying with us again next month and we look forward to giving you a very warm Eastin welcome once again.

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

So I stayed here during the chinese new year from 30/1 to 2/2 in the Deluxe Room and 4/2 to 7/2 in the Executive Deluxe Room.

To me, I seriousky prefer staying in the Deluxe Room instead of the Executive. Why? Because I think, the room is more spacious than the Executive.

There are some benefits by staying in the Executive Deluxe Room whereby you will receive daily Bangkok Press, complimentary drinks in The Attic Bar and one fruit platter. The fruit platter aint any biggie, just 2 banana and 1 green apple for per room.

My room 1821 have a very superb cold aircond. Its practically as cold like you can keep a dead corpse, and it wont smell.

If you ask me, will I be staying there again? I will say, no I wont. The wifi is not good, the breakfast is boring, nothing special, limited food and too salty.

For the price to stay here, I rather stay in Novotel Platinum.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear John M

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Eastin Makkasan.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay but would like to sincerely apologise for those that did not meet your expectations.

As you awarded us an “average” score I would like to ask if you could kindly contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with the details of your stay as we have recently upgraded our Wi-Fi system and I would like my IT manager to investigate why you received a poor signal.

Similarly if you could let me know some specific observations regarding the breakfast selection I would greatly appreciate it as other guests have commented positively on Trip Advisor and in person regarding the wide choice we offer to cater for all tastes. I can then pass your feedback on to my Executive Chef for his attention.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Noida, India
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I travelled in November '2012. Its a nice hotel, just that you have to take a lift to reach the reception area.Onec you are at reception, its a grand hallway and place looks amazing.
Location: its in middle of the city so travelling to any place is easy. You can easily get a tuktuk or taxi just outside of the hotel.Food is nice (for non veg's). Nice clear, big pool and staff is as friendly as they should be.
Overall Worth spending your time if you are in bankok

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JVarun
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear JVarun

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Many thanks for your kind words and recommendation of our hotel. I am very pleased to learn about the friendliness of our staff as a hotel, no matter the facilities it provides, is only as good as the people it employs.

I hope that one day you have the chance to take a flight from India and visit us again when we will be delighted to show you once more why Thailand is known as “The Land Of Smiles” and offer you the warmest Eastin Makkasan welcome.

Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 21 January 2014

"My wife and I visited the Eastin Hotel during our stay in Bangkok. The cleanliness and general appearance of the hotel was excellent. The food also was of a high standard. The staff however were not the friendliest and could do little to assist with early check ins. This resulted in a large number of very tired loo, ing people being sprawled all over the lobby area. The hotel is also a tad bit far from the shopping hotspots such as MBK. That said, I will use this hotel again based on their quality and food.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Anbanp2802

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us.

I am sorry that we were not able to accommodate your request for an early check-in. As your stay coincided with the high season we were running at full occupancy therefore it was regrettable that we could not offer you a room earlier than your scheduled check-in time as other guests had not yet checked out.

I notice from your review that you stayed with us in February 2013 therefore I am pleased to inform you that we now have a complimentary stretched tuk tuk service to take guests to the main shopping areas, airport rail link and BTS sky train.

We look forward to the time when we can be of service to you once again on your next visit to Bangkok.

General manager