“very good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #191 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Pune, India
“very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Great hotel with all the facilities, nice rooms, swimming pool, good view from rooms, everything seems to be great.
now the minus points: u need to change lift twice, everytime u want to go to your rooms
breakfast was not at all interesting for veggies
staff dont know english, so either u should learn thai language, or wait for someone who can be a mediator
and plus points are: very nicely situated, indira market, mbk market are walking distance of hardly 10 min. lots of indian restaurants nearby (especially one punjabi restaurant, just on way to indira market was really great), almost every taxi-wala knows about the hotel, so no pain for searching.
In the end, i can surely suggest someone for this hotel, for its plus points, as minus points are avoidable.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Mohit18

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and provide our potential guests with additional information regarding the surrounding area.

I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay but must offer my sincere apologies regarding the aspects that did not live up to your expectations.

If I may ask you if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your observations as to how we can improve our breakfast selection for vegetarians and I will pass on your comments to my Executive Chef.

Similarly if you could pinpoint the areas in which you experienced communication problems with the staff I will address the issue as we rarely experience difficulties in this area considering the wide number of international guests we welcome.

May I end by saying a big “thank you” for recommending us and we look forward to the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Bangkok.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ahmedabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Hi
this is the good hotel with nice location.
there was a sky train station on this from it u can go any where if u know the way..
the hotel is near to road..
wifi is free.but in room there is some problem with connection..
all the rooms are high tech..
lift is super fast u will reach to 16 floor in just 30 sec..
Breakfast is best i like it every time..

hotel is near to indra market from where all the people do shopping..
MBK and siam is just walk of 15 min ..

for indians the location is best .there are many indian restaurant forpunjabi , southindian and gujarati food..

in this hotel u can find many indians ...

Room Tip: Try to get room on higher floor.. ask for non smoking rooms even if u don't smoke they are on 2...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear kaushal2587

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to start by thanking you for writing a detailed review of your stay with us and informing potential guests what to expect when the visit Eastin Makkasan. It’s extremely helpful and I truly appreciate it.

I was delighted that you made the most of your time with us but would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for the issue you experienced with the free wi-fi. Once I have established which room you occupied I will instruct my IT manager to investigate matters.
Both myself and my team hope to see you again in the not too distant future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

i am wondering how can people write a review as best hotel for this one, would like to know what do they mean by best... anyways this is a hotel in decent location where you have to change 2 lifts every time you have to go out of the hotel and vv. breakfast decent. staff good but have no proper information of their own restaurants - we had come late in the hotel around 10ish after our shopping was over and we asked one of the person at the concierge if the Attica bar would be open till late and he said its open till 12, so we went fresh up and went to the bar at 11 and to our surprises it was close and the closing time is 11 only. We where tired but had no option but to go out as we wanted a good view bar as it was our last day in Bangkok. About the rooms - where kind of old with torn duvets. if you just want to shop and don't care where you stay this is that kind of hotel. for people like us who care where they stay and need clean stuff around - avoid.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank YoginiInamke
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear YoginiInamke

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by offering my sincere apologies regarding your recent stay and the fact that it did not live up to the experience of the large majority of our other guests.

I regret that the 2 issues you experienced chose you to award us an average score on Trip Advisor therefore if there were any other matters that you would like to bring to my attention I would deeply appreciate it if you could find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com as the satisfaction of our guests is our ultimate goal.

We have recently changed the opening times of Attica and I have had words with the staff member who gave you the incorrect information and instructed all my departmental heads to ensure that all their teams are up to date with the latest hotel information. I am sorry for the inconvenience this error caused you.

I further regret that your bed was made with an older duvet as we are in the process of procuring a new batch. Unfortunately we have no record of you making us aware of this matter as we would have immediately changed it for you. However one thing I must politely point out is with regards to your comment about needing “clean stuff” around as would never put soiled bed sheets on a guest’s bed and our in-house laundry operates under the strictest of quality controls.

May I end by saying that, despite your experience, I would be delighted if you would choose us as your accommodation on your next visit to Bangkok and experience for yourself the improvements we have made.

Best regards
Porbandar, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I would count this property as a good for friends and family hotel...Location calm and peacefull...Lots of food option available around, Major wholesale markets around the hotel area, near by express way to airport...I travelled as single traveller for peacefull break from work and that is exactly what i got during the trip. Though i do not like the superior rooms and waiting for your room if you arrive early was major headache, try booking early check in if you are landing early at Bangkok airport....Otherwise hotel is really good with its service and accomodation...

Room Tip: Choose deluxe or above category rooms....Superior rooms are not so much impressive....
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear sunnygohel

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us and am delighted that you had a peaceful time.

I must sincerely apologize that we were not able to offer you an early check-in due to running at high occupancy during your period of stay. We do attempt to accommodate guests who have not requested an early check-in prior to their arrival but if a room is not immediately available unfortunately this is not always possible.

Both myself and my team hope that you have the chance to visit us again in the very near future.

Vadodara, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is just like a transit hotel. Ordinary rooms, city location, good transport available & average food. Do expect much from the hotel. It is located near to all the big malls in Bangkok & hence is good to stay for shoppers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear SUMEET7688

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

As General Manager it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that our guests have as an enjoyable stay as possible therefore I would like to ask if you could kindly contact me with some additional feedback regarding your comments about the rooms and food and where you consider there could be some improvement. Naturally I am delighted to read positive reviews where we met or exceeded our guest’s expectations but as a hotel that considers all comments to be vitally important your input is invaluable.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

We were a group of 5 adults and stayed in 2 rooms for 3 nights.The facilities were excellent and staff were really courteous and extremely helpful with advice and suggestions. Breakfast was indeed a great start to the day.We have stayed in many hotels nearby over the past years and this was pur best hotel experience in Bangkok. We sensed that all the staff were truly proud and committed to their jobs.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear CKY281

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

What an absolute pleasure it was to read your kind comments regarding your stay with us. I was especially delighted to learn about your satisfaction with the service we provide and will instruct my department heads to pass on your praise to their team members.

We hope that your entire group have the opportunity to visit us again in the not too distant future where it will be our pleasure to be of service to you again.

Saigon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

Worry a bit before my business trip as Thai's political crisis but all was well in this location in walking distance to Pratunam shopping center and plenty of Seven Eleven . Stayed at Deluxe room on 16 th floor, very nice view overlooking the express way. Bath room was nice with separated sections of bathtub and shower. 23 floor bar superb view at nice. Nice swimming pool only thing to improve is wifi up & down and better gym.
Will be back and stay for 04 nights next month

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear heinzhuynh

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Firstly may I say how pleased I was to read that the current political demonstrations in Bangkok did not affect your time with us. Furthermore I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. Once we have established which room was yours I will instruct my IT team to investigate the problem with your wi-fi.

I noted that you will be staying with us again next month and we look forward to giving you a very warm Eastin welcome once again.