“Lovely Hotel for a Short Stay”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #192 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
“Lovely Hotel for a Short Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

Stay here if:

1. You love shopping

Many of the popular shopping malls are within visiting distance including the much talked about MBK. You can hop on a taxi (make sure the driver starts the meter), tuk tuk (haggle wisely), or take the train (Airport line is 5 mins walk away, BTS a bit further away). The hotel is located in a commercial neighbourhood so there a lot of shopping can be done if you wish to do so. Night market you say? The pratunam night market is 10-15 mins walk away.

2. You intend to utilise the room

Aka you like to spend most of the time in the hotel. I did just that (this is not my first time in Bangkok) and really enjoyed it. The bed is comfy, the view is great and the housekeeping staff is attentive. They even have a room entertainment system ie Emagine which I think is really great. Anything at a tip of one's finger.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear BeautifulFreak

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I offer a word of thanks for the wealth of information you provided about the shopping opportunities available in the area of our hotel. Many of our guests stay with us to go shopping in Bangkok and I hope you found what you were looking for!

A further thanks is due regarding the kind words you wrote about the hotel itself and we all hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of your company once again.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The hotel doesn't have a proper entrance, the lobby is situated on 5th floor, the counter staff is very rude specially with Asians.

They do not have sense to talk and lack of courtesy, Thailand is well known for its hospitality but I didn't find any hospitality in this hotel in fact the way I was treated was pathetic.

I strongly do not recommend this hotel and there are far way better properties located around that area at a better range, better go and stay at a 2* property then staying in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank arpanmshah
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear arpanmshah

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and take this opportunity to sincerely apologise that you did not enjoy your stay.

One point I was particularly concerned about was the impolite way you felt you were treated by the staff. At Eastin Makkasan we welcome guests from every corner of the globe and treat each and every one of them as our valued customers and the reviews on this website (including, may I add, many from your fellow Asians whom you claim were singled out for less than courteous service) seem to praise the politeness and respect we extend to all our visitors.

Needless to say as General Manager I would like to investigate your allegations but unfortunately your review did not go into detail regarding in which areas you felt you were rudely treated. If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with some more specifics I will look into the matter immediately.

Furthermore I noticed that you scored certain aspects of your stay quite low but for some reason did not choose to mention them in your review. If you could also kindly inform me of the aspects where we did not meet your expectations I will investigate and take the necessary action to rectify things.

If I may end by politely clarifying a comment you made regarding our entrance for your fellow Trip Advisor readers. Our ground floor entrance has 2 sets of large glass doors and leads guests to a bank of 4 lifts which take them to the main lobby area. This ground floor entrance area also contains our coffee and bakery corner, chairs and sofas.

May I end by saying that I look forward to hearing from you soon.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Eastin hotel i conveniently located near center of all shoping area yet bit quite and clean area you can walk down or take tuk tuk just outside hotel with few restaurants including indian resturants nearby. hotel has great view overlooking the other side of the city and express ways butterfly grade separate. rooms are clean neat and clean bathroom staff is very good they are ready to help you any time breakfast has good tasty big menu but repeated same for next day but i did not mind only thing i missed was strong tea in breakfast so one of the waitress showd curtsy to get me hot tea kawah and hot milk when she sow i was not happy with tea kept buffet. swimming pool is at 10th floor neat and clean with great view again. over all i think its good choice for family,business tour and leisure travelers.

Room Tip: go for deluxe Rooms on higher floor preferably
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kapil442
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear kapil442

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I am extremely glad that you enjoyed your time with us and was especially pleased that a member of our restaurant staff showed a dedication to customer service in attending to your specific requirements during the breakfast buffet service. Once I ascertain which member of staff it was I will pass on your kind comment.

We hope it is not too long a time before we enjoy the pleasure of your company again.

Surat, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 3 days.. it was nice stay... nice location... walking distance to indra sequre... pratuman market.. and platinum mall... swimming pool and restaurant on 23rd floor was too good... and nice view of city in night.. breakfast was also good... what make us unhappy was a.c .... a.c was not satisfactory in any place in hotel even room... otherwise nice play to stay and enjoy..

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear shreeji123

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for making your thoughts known regarding your stay and I am pleased that apparently you managed to “shop ‘til you dropped”!

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that you considered the air conditioning in the public areas of the hotel to be insufficient as we have not received any similar comments of this nature.

However as you also found your room to be not cool enough and as we have no record of a guest mentioning this if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with the details of your stay I will instruct my engineering team to investigate matters.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope you have the opportunity to visit us again very soon.

General manager
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Typical big chain hotel in the city centre with direct access to public transport. Hotel setup for high volume guests and quick turnovers. Rooms are comfortable with all required amenities. Cleanliness not ideal empty condom wrappers left in cupboard and hair in shower. Restaurant lovely and great value. Staff extremely friendly. We were lucky to experience a half price buffet on our night of departure, what a treat. Pool on roof extremely welcoming after a day of exploring and shopping.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TheDomingos

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and I am delighted that we could be of service to you during your time in the city.

One point I was concerned to read was the cleanliness of your room. This is certainly not up to the standards I expect of my staff and I have had firm words with my Director of Rooms regarding this to ensure there is no repetition in the future. I would like to sincerely apologise over this matter.

Despite this both myself and my team deeply appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

General manager
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Well-located hotel in Bangkok (skytrain station across walkway, 2 stops to night market) with decent sized rooms, good staff and facilities.
The bar, located on the - I think it was - 14th floor has excellent views over the city, looks particularly good at night and adjoins a small infinity pool which itself is in a pretty spectacular setting.
In particular the staff at reception and in the lobby and pool bar were particularly pleasant and helpful.
A fine place to stay in Bangkok

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in late December last year. Would say that it is a decent hotel. The hotel lobby is, strangely, not located on the first floor but on the third, but it does seem to be more spacious on this level than on the first. The rooms are decent, with good views of metropolitan Bangkok but I was a little disappointed with the bathrooms since they seemed a little dated. Nonetheless, location wise, it is located in an alley not far, but then again, not really near (will take you a solid 10 to 15 minutes on foot) from the main intersection of mega malls like Central World. The breakfast buffet has a good spread, and taste wise it is quite alright. There is a travel agency right next to reception which is, in my opinion, a little quirky to find in a hotel. The reception is also not really proficient in English, and check in took really long. Also, beware of the taxi drivers parked out front all day long - they are mostly scammers who refuse to use the taxi meter. Get reception to hail one from the street for you instead. All in all, it is a decent hotel, but it needs to spruce up on these areas to convince me to stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
DearThehonestfeedbacker

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan.
I appreciate your candidness in considering your stay decent and making known the parts of your stay that you enjoyed but must offer my sincere apologies for those aspects that did not live up to your expectations.

As General Manager it is ultimately my responsibility in ensuring that our guests are satisfied with their stay so I would like to take this opportunity to respond to your comments.

I am sorry that you found the bathroom in your particular room to be dated as since taking over management of the hotel the Eastin group have renovated quite a number of our bathrooms including our Executive Suites where you can take a bath next to the window with quite amazing views of the city.

We do provide a complimentary tuk tuk shuttle service to places such as Central World and the BTS sky train system which, when used in conjunction with the MRT underground stations, bring most of central Bangkok within easy reach and I must apologize once again if you were unaware of this service. I will instruct all my staff to ensure guests are aware that we provide this service.

If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with the exact details of the problem you encountered with communicating with the front office staff I would deeply appreciate it as, when taking into consideration the large number of international guests we welcome, we do not encounter many problems and I would like to address the issue as well as why it took an unduly long time to check-in.

I was delighted that our bell staff were able to assist you in hailing a taxi and thus avoiding having to negotiate with the other drivers. Naturally my staff are willing to assist all guests in this manner.

May I end by saying that despite your reservations we would be delighted if you would give us another chance to serve you on your next visit to Bangkok.