“Great hotel would recommend you stay here”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #216 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Location ideal for everything you need to do in Bangkok. Good breakfast provided each morning. Nice swimming pool and sun terrace. Rooms really good. Staff always on hand and very helpful, polite an friendly. Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to other travellers. Great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Robert W

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

It was a pleasure to read your review of your enjoyable stay with us. My staff do their utmost to provide our guests with high levels of service and I will pass on your kind comments to my managers so they can share them with their respective teams. I am also pleased that you considered us to be value for money as the Eastin group’s pledge is “Value For All Occasions” for all who visit our hotel.
All of us hope that it is not too long before we have the chance to be of service to you once again as a valued Eastin Makkasan guest.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

nice location, Walk away from five Indian restaurants (including Gujarati cuisine - Lucky Restaurant), very close to street shopping area, Tuk tuk available for for roaming around. just 5-7 minutes away from major shopping area. very close to metro station. do not go elsewhere. full marks !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mihir4

Dear Mihir4

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor.
We always appreciate it when a guest thoroughly enjoys their stay and makes the most of their time in Bangkok. I am delighted that our complimentary tuk tuk service was of use to you for hitting the shops!
Please visit us again as soon as possible – We’d dearly enjoy the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Thailand.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My stay at this beautiful hotel was awesome, very nice and clean rooms very large rooms. Beautiful bathroom. I enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. Never had breakfast so can't say anything about the food,The only problem I had was location, not near places I go to, caught a motorbike ride which was fantastic these Thai motorbike riders know how to ride, its very cheap and very fast

• Stayed: August 2013
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear pcroukamp

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan. To say we are a “home away from home” makes me especially proud of my team and the service we strive to provide our valued guests.

I am glad that the local motorcycle taxis were convenient for you to use to get around. Although I must admit the ride can be a bit hair-raising at times!

We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again one day when you will be assured a very warm Eastin welcome.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The price that they have charged and the quality of the room is very good, breakfast is also fantastic. Location wise which is not bad.

Only down side was receptionist, need more training and smiles.

Bell boys are fantastic, willing to help each time I needed something.

I will stay there again for my next trip

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Htein
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Htein

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences of your stay on Trip Advisor and I will pass on your praise to my bell staff personally for a job well done.

I noticed that you mentioned the receptionist needed more training and smiles. As we rarely receive a comment of this nature if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with some specific observations I would greatly appreciate it in allowing me to address matters.

I am delighted that you will be staying with us on your next trip and we look forward to the pleasure of your company once again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Eastin Makkasan is a great hotel for tourists who loves shopping as Indra sounds and market is just 5 minutes walking distance. Great value for money. Breakfast was widespread and sumptuous. hotel and rooms were clean. Its 5 star at 4 star price. Hotel is quite, so you can get an awesome and peaceful sleep. Very near to the metro station as well..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abhishekz10
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Abhishekz10

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

What a pleasure it was to read your kind comments first thing this morning. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and considered us great value for money as we do try to provide the best value in our market segment when taking into consideration the facilities we provide.

Please don’t let it be too long before you pay us another visit.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel.lobby,rooms,toilets look old ,worn out.though location is quiet convenient, experience is not that exciting.morning breakfast was excellent,up to the mark with good variety.Desperately need a renovation .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Manoj B
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Manoj B

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your feedback is greatly appreciated but I must offer my sincere and heartfelt apologies that you considered the hotel to be “ill-maintained” and “desperately needs a renovation”.

At Eastin Makkasan both our rooms and public areas undergo a year-round constant care programme involving both our engineering and housekeeping sections to ensure the property is in tip-top condition for our guests. Since being re-branded as part of the Eastin group we have also renovated a number of rooms including a complete renovation of our Executive accommodation to meet the Eastin brand standard.

As we have received no other comments along the lines of the two I mentioned in my opening and judging by the majority of reviewers on this website who seem to be wholly satisfied with their accommodation if you could kindly contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with some specific observations as to what led you to your opinion I would greatly appreciate it.

At the end of the day it is ultimately my responsibility as General Manager to ensure our guests are happy.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Do not get the corner rooms during your stay!

Also if you have the chance to upgrade to executive go for it! They will give you daily Bangkok Post and one fruit platter! Also you will have free drinks on the barr!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear John M

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking your for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your comments are extremely important to us.

I was delighted that you recommended guests to upgrade to an executive room to receive the benefits that come with it as we do try to provide those little “extras” which make a stay truly complete.

I must admit to some confusion regarding your opinion about not getting a corner room as it is regrettable that for some reason you did not expand on your comment.

If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with any extra feedback you may wish to provide along with any other areas that led you to award us an average score I would greatly appreciate it. Our sole intention is the total satisfaction of our guests and any information we receive is truly appreciated in allowing us to do so.

I look forward to hearing from you.