“Nice hotel, but too far from any kinds of transportation”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #203 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed Eastin Hotel Makkasan for 2 nights. This hotel was one of a few options that I could choose, since I had to choose from the list of Rocketmiles. Since I had very big and heavy luggage, and I especially liked Siam area, I figured this hotel could be the best choice for me. However, there was no subway station(BTS or MRT) nearby, and that was very uncomfortable. I always had to take taxi. Airport railway station was about 10min walk away from the hotel, which I felt a bit far to walk with my heavy luggage.

Hotel itself was very nice, it has swimming pool, bar and everything. It worth more than $50.(though I paid $70 per a night through rocketmiles...) But there were not many people staying at this hotel, and I think it is because of its poor location.

Hotel offers free shuttle to subway stations nearby, but it only works every 3 hours(which I think too few) and you have to make a reservation 1 hour before you take it.(it's literally useless... I believe no one uses it...) I suggest hotel to hire a Tuktuk driver, so guests can take tuktuk whenever they need.

Most of the guests are Indians, about 85% of all, and 7% Chinese, 5% Westerners, and 2% others(including myself) in my opinion. Therefore breakfast seemed to be very focused on Indian people. There were very limited choices that I could have because I am not used to Indian and Chinese cuisine.

Overall, it was a fine hotel, but very poor accessibility. I will stay a hotel near BTS station, if I come to Bagnkok again.

Room Tip: The city side(to Siam) has better view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank IamJissou
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear IamJissou

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan. Your feedback is greatly appreciated in allowing us to gauge our guests’ opinion of the hotel and maintain the high standards we set ourselves.

Although you seemed to enjoy your time with us I must offer my sincere apologies that certain aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to address the points you raised.

Your comment regarding the frequency of our tuk tuk shuttle service has been well noted. Unfortunately due to the number of guests we host in the hotel it would not be practical to offer a tuk tuk service whenever needed as this would mean a possible long wait for guests wishing to use this service if the tuk tuk was already transferring guests. However we are considering offering a more frequent service for our guests’ convenience.

I must admit to being somewhat surprised that you considered our buffet breakfast to be geared towards Indian and Chinese guests because, as mentioned in previous Trip Advisor reviews, our guests seem to praise the selection that we offer that features something for everyone, including a western selection of eggs cooked to order, bacon, sausages, salads, pastries, pancakes and waffles plus many Thai and regional favourites. I deeply regret that you found the choice to be limited as I feel we provide one of the most expansive breakfast set-ups in our market segment.

May I end by saying that should you ever return to Bangkok I hope that you find accommodation more in keeping with your requirements as I only wish you to have an enjoyable time when visiting Thailand.

There are newer reviews for Eastin Hotel Makkasan

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. This hotel provided all the basics, and was very clean. The staff was very courteous as well. Our only issue was that the Pad Thai served by room service was the worst we had during our entire 17-day stay in Thailand. The staff was also slow to clear the hallways of room service dishes, which surprised us because it seemed like the hotel wasn't very busy. The breakfast buffet, however, may have been the best we had during our entire trip. A wide variety of food and drink choices (both Thai and western) made each morning a treat. Location is decent and the pool is nice. We would recommend it due to the reasonable cost, but don't expect a first class experience.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Kyle m

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to begin by thanking your for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is essential in allowing us to gauge where we are satisfying our guests and equally importantly areas in which we can improve matters and maintain the high standards we set ourselves.

It was a pleasure to host you and your bride during your honeymoon and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. However there were certain aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations for which I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I am sorry that your room service dishes were not cleared from the corridor in a timely manner therefore I would like to use Trip Advisor to inform our guests that for prompt service they are welcome to call room service on the in-room telephone for immediate removal of any used plates etc.

I was extremely concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction with your Pad Thai and would like to politely ask if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your specific observations I can pass your comments on to my Executive Chef.

Similarly if there are any other points you would like to raise concerning awarding us an average review I would be delighted to hear from you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Location ideal for everything you need to do in Bangkok. Good breakfast provided each morning. Nice swimming pool and sun terrace. Rooms really good. Staff always on hand and very helpful, polite an friendly. Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to other travellers. Great value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Robert W

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

It was a pleasure to read your review of your enjoyable stay with us. My staff do their utmost to provide our guests with high levels of service and I will pass on your kind comments to my managers so they can share them with their respective teams. I am also pleased that you considered us to be value for money as the Eastin group’s pledge is “Value For All Occasions” for all who visit our hotel.
All of us hope that it is not too long before we have the chance to be of service to you once again as a valued Eastin Makkasan guest.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

nice location, Walk away from five Indian restaurants (including Gujarati cuisine - Lucky Restaurant), very close to street shopping area, Tuk tuk available for for roaming around. just 5-7 minutes away from major shopping area. very close to metro station. do not go elsewhere. full marks !!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mihir4

Dear Mihir4

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor.
We always appreciate it when a guest thoroughly enjoys their stay and makes the most of their time in Bangkok. I am delighted that our complimentary tuk tuk service was of use to you for hitting the shops!
Please visit us again as soon as possible – We’d dearly enjoy the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Thailand.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My stay at this beautiful hotel was awesome, very nice and clean rooms very large rooms. Beautiful bathroom. I enjoyed the friendliness of the staff. Never had breakfast so can't say anything about the food,The only problem I had was location, not near places I go to, caught a motorbike ride which was fantastic these Thai motorbike riders know how to ride, its very cheap and very fast

• Stayed: August 2013
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear pcroukamp

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan. To say we are a “home away from home” makes me especially proud of my team and the service we strive to provide our valued guests.

I am glad that the local motorcycle taxis were convenient for you to use to get around. Although I must admit the ride can be a bit hair-raising at times!

We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again one day when you will be assured a very warm Eastin welcome.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The price that they have charged and the quality of the room is very good, breakfast is also fantastic. Location wise which is not bad.

Only down side was receptionist, need more training and smiles.

Bell boys are fantastic, willing to help each time I needed something.

I will stay there again for my next trip

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Htein
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Htein

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences of your stay on Trip Advisor and I will pass on your praise to my bell staff personally for a job well done.

I noticed that you mentioned the receptionist needed more training and smiles. As we rarely receive a comment of this nature if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with some specific observations I would greatly appreciate it in allowing me to address matters.

I am delighted that you will be staying with us on your next trip and we look forward to the pleasure of your company once again.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Eastin Makkasan is a great hotel for tourists who loves shopping as Indra sounds and market is just 5 minutes walking distance. Great value for money. Breakfast was widespread and sumptuous. hotel and rooms were clean. Its 5 star at 4 star price. Hotel is quite, so you can get an awesome and peaceful sleep. Very near to the metro station as well..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Abhishekz10
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Abhishekz10

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

What a pleasure it was to read your kind comments first thing this morning. I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and considered us great value for money as we do try to provide the best value in our market segment when taking into consideration the facilities we provide.

Please don’t let it be too long before you pay us another visit.

Best regards,