“Comfortable, clean, great spa”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #203 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Wellington, New Zealand
“Comfortable, clean, great spa”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Welcoming, clean, nice food - great value buffet lunch.
Nice swimming pool and lovely spa.
Lovely comfortable bed. The bathroom wasn't anything to write home about but it was clean and the (over bath) shower worked well.

Staff were very good about passing on messages (from the tour rep) and were very accommodating when I wanted to check out a few hours late because I was going on a tour that morning.

The hotel itself was quiet but it was right by a very busy road (is there any other kind in Bangkok?)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JacqiB
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear JacqiB,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was especially pleased that our staff were able to take good care of you. At the end of the day it’s the staff that can make or break a guest’s stay and I will pass on your praise at my next manager’s meeting so they can share with their team.

I was delighted that you enjoyed the spa at Eastin Makkasan. I’ve been known myself to partake of a bit of pampering at the end of a long week!

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope that you have the chance to pop in again soon.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. Nice big rooms and very courteous staff. The pool was big and nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful.The hotel is a short 10 minute stroll to The famous Pratunam Markets. There are numerous markets in the area, you have a choice of street markets or plaza markets. If you need to get to the airport, the airport train station is a 10 minute walk
( Ratchaprarop Airport Rail Link ) it will cost you 40 baht one way.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toeknee17
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Cappatony

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Your kind words are truly appreciated.

I am delighted that you found the shopping opportunities available within a short stroll of the hotel to be enjoyable. Pratunam especially has some amazing bargains and many of our guests enjoy a good “haggle” with the vendors!

I hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of your company again. We’d love to welcome you back very soon.

almere
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were in this hotel for the fourth time, we like this hotel very much.
We got an upgrade for a luxury room with a separate bedroom.
Very good breakfast and it is very easy to walk from the hotel to for example the shoppingmalls or to take the boat in the direction of Bobae tower,Golden Mount.
In the neighbourhood are enough places for your diner.( Baiyoke Sky Tower)
And when you leave to the airport they have a shuttle service to Makkasan railwaystation where you can take the AirPort express to Suvarnabhumi in about 15 minutes.

1 Thank sandra s
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear sandra s

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

It is always a pleasure to read a review from one of our returning guests and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay. Your continued trust in our hotel inspires both myself and the Eastin Makkasan team to constantly strive to offer our guests best possible time while in Bangkok.

I hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of your company once again.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed Eastin Hotel Makkasan for 2 nights. This hotel was one of a few options that I could choose, since I had to choose from the list of Rocketmiles. Since I had very big and heavy luggage, and I especially liked Siam area, I figured this hotel could be the best choice for me. However, there was no subway station(BTS or MRT) nearby, and that was very uncomfortable. I always had to take taxi. Airport railway station was about 10min walk away from the hotel, which I felt a bit far to walk with my heavy luggage.

Hotel itself was very nice, it has swimming pool, bar and everything. It worth more than $50.(though I paid $70 per a night through rocketmiles...) But there were not many people staying at this hotel, and I think it is because of its poor location.

Hotel offers free shuttle to subway stations nearby, but it only works every 3 hours(which I think too few) and you have to make a reservation 1 hour before you take it.(it's literally useless... I believe no one uses it...) I suggest hotel to hire a Tuktuk driver, so guests can take tuktuk whenever they need.

Most of the guests are Indians, about 85% of all, and 7% Chinese, 5% Westerners, and 2% others(including myself) in my opinion. Therefore breakfast seemed to be very focused on Indian people. There were very limited choices that I could have because I am not used to Indian and Chinese cuisine.

Overall, it was a fine hotel, but very poor accessibility. I will stay a hotel near BTS station, if I come to Bagnkok again.

Room Tip: The city side(to Siam) has better view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank IamJissou
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear IamJissou

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan. Your feedback is greatly appreciated in allowing us to gauge our guests’ opinion of the hotel and maintain the high standards we set ourselves.

Although you seemed to enjoy your time with us I must offer my sincere apologies that certain aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations and would like to take this opportunity to address the points you raised.

Your comment regarding the frequency of our tuk tuk shuttle service has been well noted. Unfortunately due to the number of guests we host in the hotel it would not be practical to offer a tuk tuk service whenever needed as this would mean a possible long wait for guests wishing to use this service if the tuk tuk was already transferring guests. However we are considering offering a more frequent service for our guests’ convenience.

I must admit to being somewhat surprised that you considered our buffet breakfast to be geared towards Indian and Chinese guests because, as mentioned in previous Trip Advisor reviews, our guests seem to praise the selection that we offer that features something for everyone, including a western selection of eggs cooked to order, bacon, sausages, salads, pastries, pancakes and waffles plus many Thai and regional favourites. I deeply regret that you found the choice to be limited as I feel we provide one of the most expansive breakfast set-ups in our market segment.

May I end by saying that should you ever return to Bangkok I hope that you find accommodation more in keeping with your requirements as I only wish you to have an enjoyable time when visiting Thailand.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on our honeymoon. This hotel provided all the basics, and was very clean. The staff was very courteous as well. Our only issue was that the Pad Thai served by room service was the worst we had during our entire 17-day stay in Thailand. The staff was also slow to clear the hallways of room service dishes, which surprised us because it seemed like the hotel wasn't very busy. The breakfast buffet, however, may have been the best we had during our entire trip. A wide variety of food and drink choices (both Thai and western) made each morning a treat. Location is decent and the pool is nice. We would recommend it due to the reasonable cost, but don't expect a first class experience.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Kyle m

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to begin by thanking your for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is essential in allowing us to gauge where we are satisfying our guests and equally importantly areas in which we can improve matters and maintain the high standards we set ourselves.

It was a pleasure to host you and your bride during your honeymoon and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. However there were certain aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations for which I would like to offer my sincere apologies.

I am sorry that your room service dishes were not cleared from the corridor in a timely manner therefore I would like to use Trip Advisor to inform our guests that for prompt service they are welcome to call room service on the in-room telephone for immediate removal of any used plates etc.

I was extremely concerned to learn about your dissatisfaction with your Pad Thai and would like to politely ask if you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your specific observations I can pass your comments on to my Executive Chef.

Similarly if there are any other points you would like to raise concerning awarding us an average review I would be delighted to hear from you.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Location ideal for everything you need to do in Bangkok. Good breakfast provided each morning. Nice swimming pool and sun terrace. Rooms really good. Staff always on hand and very helpful, polite an friendly. Really enjoyed our stay and would recommend to other travellers. Great value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Robert W

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

It was a pleasure to read your review of your enjoyable stay with us. My staff do their utmost to provide our guests with high levels of service and I will pass on your kind comments to my managers so they can share them with their respective teams. I am also pleased that you considered us to be value for money as the Eastin group’s pledge is “Value For All Occasions” for all who visit our hotel.
All of us hope that it is not too long before we have the chance to be of service to you once again as a valued Eastin Makkasan guest.

Baroda, Gujarat, India
Reviewed 20 June 2014

nice location, Walk away from five Indian restaurants (including Gujarati cuisine - Lucky Restaurant), very close to street shopping area, Tuk tuk available for for roaming around. just 5-7 minutes away from major shopping area. very close to metro station. do not go elsewhere. full marks !!

1 Thank Mihir4
Dear Mihir4

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor.
We always appreciate it when a guest thoroughly enjoys their stay and makes the most of their time in Bangkok. I am delighted that our complimentary tuk tuk service was of use to you for hitting the shops!
Please visit us again as soon as possible – We’d dearly enjoy the pleasure of your company on your next visit to Thailand.