“nice hotel”

Ranked #193 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Tel Aviv, Israel
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

we stayed at this hotel in July 2014. the hotel is nice and clean, the staff is nice and helpful, but the fact that we didn't have a balcony in our room was terrible to us (i'm not sure if there are rooms with balconies) we felt a little claustrophobic. the room is very nice and not too small and not too big. the shower was not very comfortable. you can't move the shower and it s located a little to low. for my husband who is about 1.80 meters it was very uncomfortable to take a shower.
i'm not sure if the location is good or bad. a drive to the MBK can take you about 10-30 minutes (depends on traffic) but you can walk to the Pantip Plaza- about 20 min walk. also, i think there is only one restaurant near the hotel.
we stayed there for three nights and it was nice not more than that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear LennaLior

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Despite the observations you raised I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

One point I would like to politely mention is regarding the restaurants in our area. Within a few minutes’ walk you can dine on Thai, Indian, Arabic and seafood cuisine and I regret that you did not come across these. I hope that if you ever have the chance to visit us again you will let our staff recommend you on the best places to eat out.

We hope to see you again soon.

Didier Gourmaud

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Check in for this hotel took an hour which was not great. The room was nice and clean with a view of the highway. What I didn't like was the hotel was crowded with many conferences and business people. Breakfast was good as there was a big selection of western and eastern dishes. We walked from our hotel to MBK and Central world everyday only upon our departure did we see that the hotel offers a free shuttle service...it would have been nice if someone communicated this to us. The pool bathrooms and showers did not look very clean. On our last day we visited the spa and had the couples treatment , it was wonderful and I would highly recommend doing this to any couple and it was great value for money I would give the spa 5 stars. Overall it was good value for money and I would stay here again

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Kellistar

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your kind comments are genuinely appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed your spa experience so much. I must admit I have been known to indulge myself on a couple of occasions!

I noticed there were certain aspects of your stay which did not live up to your expectations for which I would like to offer my sincere apologies and take this opportunity to address.

I regret that your stay coincided with a large conference as these are quite rare and usually our guests are not disturbed during their time with us. However I was concerned to learn that your check-in allegedly took an hour which is not acceptable. The only circumstances I can recall where a check-in took this amount of time was where a guest arrived early at the hotel without arranging a prior early check-in and their room had not been prepared due to the high occupancy and the previous guest not as yet having checked-out. If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with your booking details I can investigate further.

Despite having a sign at the concierge counter that we provide a complimentary shuttle service to the main shopping areas my staff are under instruction to inform the guest upon check-in that we provide this service. I have strongly reinforced this with my team and am extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

I have passed on your comments regarding the condition of the pool changing room to my Director of Housekeeping for her immediate attention and we will both be making random spot checks to ensure our usual high standards are being maintained.

I was extremely pleased to read that despite the issues you mentioned you would choose to stay with us again and would like to end by saying that we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kololi, Gambia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The executive deluxe room booked proved to be entirely satisfactory for the first two days so I decided to extend my stay by another two days. Using A.G. O'da proved very frustrating as in a single 20 minute period the price for the same room fluctuated up & down by c.20%. On day 3 I was still enjoying my E.D room, had settled down at the desk to do some paperwork, whereupon I was suddenly interrupted by the polite housekeeping supervisor who came into the room to 'tap the walls'. Bemused to say the least. Five minutes later a loud roar produced a flood of (dirty brown with brown lumps) water from the ceiling grill over the entrance, also cascading down the walls & containing who knows what viruses? Gross. An engineer appeared instantly as if out of nowhere but failed to stop the deluge. Two quick calls to reception later (the first ignored, the second far more assertive including the word 'Now!') brought attention. I was relocated to an alternative, larger room (unnecessary) which took an hour, ruined my calm & cool & also halted my paperwork. Everything covered by the deluge I had to wash. All seemed well again until I tried to book an evening movie to de-stress. The tv happily informed me I'd been charged (which I photographed). No movie. Another irritated call to guest services brought a young employee to the room who failed to deliver the required movie solution but suggested I "watch tv" instead. During my next irritated call I was at least reassured I wouldn't be charged. Oh ok, really, so no movie then? Checking out the next day I made my disappointment clear, yet I was still presented with a bill for the movie (200b) that wasn't delivered! Unbelievable! I refused to pay & only after signing a docket was my deposit returned. This was a horrible, stressful experience which overruled the good points of the hotel. To put this experience in context I spoke with a charming Danish couple who said luckily they'd suffered no such upsets. In summary there are other hotels at the same price point nearby, so I suggest they are considered unless of course you yearn for & enjoy such unwelcome, irritating & disruptive dramas.

Room Tip: Impossible to say which rooms have faulty pipework nor identify those rooms with movies that won'...
5 Thank Rightfirsttime
Dear Rightfirsttime

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by offering my most heartfelt apologies regarding your recent stay with us. I was extremely concerned to learn of your experience and have completed a full investigation into what occurred and would like to make my findings known to both yourself and your fellow Trip Advisor readers.

My housekeeping supervisor came to your room as engineering had reported that a pipe connected to your bath located in a cement wall had cracked and was leaking. She noted that it had leaked into your bedroom and that in an unfortunate coincidence your air-conditioning was also dripping due to a drain line being clogged.

I must politely point out at this juncture that my housekeeper informed me that the leak was not a “deluge” or “flood” and that none of your belongings appeared to be affected. I can offer you my categorical assurances that had your belongings been noticed as being damaged ( or had you pointed it out at the time which unfortunately for some reason you chose not to) we would naturally have laundered them at our expense.

After my investigation my Guest Service Centre reported that your first call reporting a leak was passed on to our housekeeping and engineering which was why the supervisor came to your room. Your second call was regarding the fact that you didn’t want to stay in that room therefore we immediately made arrangements to move you to an Executive Suite for the duration of your stay. Once again I must politely inform you that our records show that the time between your second call and our concierge being informed that you wished to move was 6 minutes. The concierge immediately came to your room and stood-by while you packed.

The issue regarding your in-room movie was not handled in the manner I expect of my staff and I deeply regret this. A solution should have been found at the time to ensure your satisfaction and I have held a meeting with my management team to ensure there is no repetition of this nor the incorrect billing of your chosen movie.

I would like to end by saying that I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience and frustration you suffered and I fully empathize with your feelings. I hope that my reply reassures both you and your fellow Trip Advisor readers that when incidents such as these occur we do our utmost to ensure the situation is handled to the very best of our ability at the time or introduce measures to avoid such occurrences in the future.

Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We Stayed in this hotel for two nights the end of June and it gave us all the facilities we needed. They allowed us to check in early at 8am at no extra cost and late check out at 2pm at no extra cost which was a huge bonus. The rooms have a nice view of the highway and city but not noisy in the room. The hotel was walking distance away from the shopping centres and one could also take taxi/tjoek tjoek at affordable price if you don't want to walk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SonelvdB
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear SonelvdB

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I was delighted to learn that you had such an enjoyable stay. We do our very best to offer our guests a peaceful sanctuary during their time in Bangkok and I am pleased that our service, facilities and location met with your approval.

We hope that you have the opportunity to travel to Thailand again and would be honored if you would choose us as your accommodation if you do.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Welcoming, clean, nice food - great value buffet lunch.
Nice swimming pool and lovely spa.
Lovely comfortable bed. The bathroom wasn't anything to write home about but it was clean and the (over bath) shower worked well.

Staff were very good about passing on messages (from the tour rep) and were very accommodating when I wanted to check out a few hours late because I was going on a tour that morning.

The hotel itself was quiet but it was right by a very busy road (is there any other kind in Bangkok?)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JacqiB
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear JacqiB,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I was especially pleased that our staff were able to take good care of you. At the end of the day it’s the staff that can make or break a guest’s stay and I will pass on your praise at my next manager’s meeting so they can share with their team.

I was delighted that you enjoyed the spa at Eastin Makkasan. I’ve been known myself to partake of a bit of pampering at the end of a long week!

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to be of service to you and we hope that you have the chance to pop in again soon.

Australia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. Nice big rooms and very courteous staff. The pool was big and nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful.The hotel is a short 10 minute stroll to The famous Pratunam Markets. There are numerous markets in the area, you have a choice of street markets or plaza markets. If you need to get to the airport, the airport train station is a 10 minute walk
( Ratchaprarop Airport Rail Link ) it will cost you 40 baht one way.

1 Thank toeknee17
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Cappatony

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Your kind words are truly appreciated.

I am delighted that you found the shopping opportunities available within a short stroll of the hotel to be enjoyable. Pratunam especially has some amazing bargains and many of our guests enjoy a good “haggle” with the vendors!

I hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of your company again. We’d love to welcome you back very soon.

almere
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We were in this hotel for the fourth time, we like this hotel very much.
We got an upgrade for a luxury room with a separate bedroom.
Very good breakfast and it is very easy to walk from the hotel to for example the shoppingmalls or to take the boat in the direction of Bobae tower,Golden Mount.
In the neighbourhood are enough places for your diner.( Baiyoke Sky Tower)
And when you leave to the airport they have a shuttle service to Makkasan railwaystation where you can take the AirPort express to Suvarnabhumi in about 15 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandra s
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear sandra s

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

It is always a pleasure to read a review from one of our returning guests and I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay. Your continued trust in our hotel inspires both myself and the Eastin Makkasan team to constantly strive to offer our guests best possible time while in Bangkok.

I hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of your company once again.