“Nice Place for the Money ”

Eastin Hotel Makkasan
Ranked #208 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed my first night in Bangkok and my last night in Bangkok on a solo trip. Mostly families and business people stayed here. They have really decent rooms for what you pay and the view from my room was really nice. If you need advice for how to get around or places to go, don't ask the front desk. Ask the worker at the tour desk on the ground floor. Also, be aware that there's a train station nearby (Ratchaprarop station), and it's easy to get to major sights, including to and from the airport. Also, be weary of booking any kind of transport with the hotel or the travel agency located in the hotel. You can get around much cheaper without them. A bit of a tourist trap I think, but if you know what you're doing and you're looking for cheap, nice accommodation, it's not a bad choice.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Sassafrash,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated.

One point you raised which I would like to take the opportunity to address is the transportation and tour arrangements made through the hotel and the in-house travel agency.
I appreciate your comment that you can get around cheaper without using the services we provide but if I may politely point out that many of our guests prefer to avail themselves of these services for their peace of mind as in Bangkok it is certainly a case of “buyer beware” as from guest feedback we have learned that some of the outside transport and tour providers offer a competitive price but fail to provide the service they promise. The travel agency in the hotel has a first-class reputation and operates tour desks in a number of international hotels in Bangkok.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the chance to see you again in the not too distant future.

Didier Gourmaud

Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very good location
Fabulous breakfast
Excellent service,very fast room service
My very good COMPLIMENT TO MR SOMROEK HUNDEE CHIEF CONCIERGE was very helpful all the times
Any person looking for good service and excellent food this is the right place

Room Tip: All room are very quite
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Basheer786,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for your kind review of your stay at Eastin Makkasan. I was delighted that my staff provided such excellent service and will pass on your words of praise to Khun Somroek personally.

Both me and my team hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of your company once again.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hi, Stay away from this one. When checking-in you will not get a hello and/or welcome. When checking-out you have to wait 20 minutes because they don't beleive you didn't took anything from the minibar (they have to check your minibar/room first).
Swimming pool is poor, right next to the highway !
You can get better for your money in Bangkok.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Arthur W

Dear Arthur W, Voorburg,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Our sole aim is the complete satisfaction of our valued guests and your comments go a long way in allowing us to achieve that aim.

I would like to sincerely apologise that your stay did not seem to match that of the vast majority of our visitors. As General Manager it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that your feedback is given the attention it deserves therefore I would like to take this opportunity to address the points you raised.

I was extremely concerned to learn about the apparent lack of welcome you received upon your arrival as many of our reviews on Trip Advisor are testament to the courtesy of my staff. If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with the details of your experience I would greatly appreciate it.

I must offer my further apologies that you were delayed upon check-out while my staff checked your room. I can categorically assure you that this procedure has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we question your honesty in any way whatsoever but sometimes guests inadvertently forget to mention a minibar item they consume or damage they may have caused. If I may politely inform you that this procedure is common in the vast number of international chain hotels and not mutually exclusive to Eastin Makkasan.

I am also sorry that our 10th floor swimming pool’s location was not to your liking as we do not usually receive comments of this nature.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

no strong water preasure in the shower.
The water are not flowing out fast enough from the bath tab
the room is not clean
and the worst thing is that the room service is very slow.
i would not recommand staying in the hotel for more than 1 day
Location is ok.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank isharoni
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear isharoni,

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Your comments are extremely important to us in allowing Eastin Makkasan to attend to any issues experienced by our guests and maintaining our reputation for high standards of service and value.

I must sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced with your room and the slow room service. I have personally checked but unfortunately we have no record of a guest mentioning a problem with their room to our front desk team. Had you done so we would have immediately attended to the situation or sourced you an alternative room. I implore all our guests that if they encounter a problem with their room to inform us at once and we will do our utmost to rectify matters.

If you could kindly find the time to contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com with the details of your stay I can investigate both your room and room service issues further.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed here for a 3 night stopover before heading down to Ko Samui.

You basically pay for what you get. Fairly inexpensive hotel which is fairly basic - fair enough.

Room was fine - restaurant and lobby need updating.

Room top bar is a bit bland and not widely used. Didn't use the pool but could see it and it looked quite nice and plenty of people were swimming.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pauljtaplin
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Pauljtaplin

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay and I hope you enjoyed the next part of your trip to Koh Samui.

I am delighted that you considered our accommodation suited your needs and hope that you would consider using us as a stopover on your next visit to Bangkok.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Hi,
After reading great reviews of your hotel, I am planing to stay at your hotel in december. Before that could you please inform, is there anything like 'Compulsory gala dinner' on christmas eve? If yes, what will be the charges for it?
Looking forward for your reply.
Thanks,
Sanman

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Sanman_h
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sanman_h

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

In reply to your question we do hold a gala buffet dinner on Christmas Eve but I must stress it is not compulsory.
If you require any further information please contact me via gm@eastinbangkokhotel.com and I will be delighted to answer any questions you may have.

We look forward to welcoming you in December.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

we stayed at this hotel in July 2014. the hotel is nice and clean, the staff is nice and helpful, but the fact that we didn't have a balcony in our room was terrible to us (i'm not sure if there are rooms with balconies) we felt a little claustrophobic. the room is very nice and not too small and not too big. the shower was not very comfortable. you can't move the shower and it s located a little to low. for my husband who is about 1.80 meters it was very uncomfortable to take a shower.
i'm not sure if the location is good or bad. a drive to the MBK can take you about 10-30 minutes (depends on traffic) but you can walk to the Pantip Plaza- about 20 min walk. also, i think there is only one restaurant near the hotel.
we stayed there for three nights and it was nice not more than that.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
EMB_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Hotel Makkasan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear LennaLior

Greetings from Eastin Makkasan Bangkok.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your stay on Trip Advisor. Despite the observations you raised I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us.

One point I would like to politely mention is regarding the restaurants in our area. Within a few minutes’ walk you can dine on Thai, Indian, Arabic and seafood cuisine and I regret that you did not come across these. I hope that if you ever have the chance to visit us again you will let our staff recommend you on the best places to eat out.

We hope to see you again soon.